Wallbanger by Alice Clayton

Authors:Alice Clayton (Author)
Info:Omnific Publishing (2012), Edition: 1st, Kindle Edition
Collections:Your library, Kindle
Rating:***
Tags:contemporary, romance, chic lit, read in 2012, Caroline Reynolds & Simon Parker

Wallbanger by Alice Clayton

Recently added byKirSio, Leah422, J.Davis, archivalistic, aczkh, private library, IvieHill, Pet12, BeegPanda, MadihaJ

Crazy fun! I've never laughed so hard while reading, I mean gut laughing! Initially the title and description made me think this was some sweaty wham-bam-thank you-ma'am type book topped with a little cheese but it wasn't!! It was so clever! I loved the banter between Simon and Caroline, I loved their chemistry. Caroline has definitely made my list of "Girls who rock"! She was a welcomed change from the assortment of dormatty-so-codependent-they-need-to-be-slapped-girls I've been reading about lately. I wish I had the nerve to say and do some of the things she did, she reeled Simon in without even trying! Simon is super hot and grabbed a hold of me from the beginning giving my heart that special feeling so he's earned a spot on the "Guys I'm in love with" list too! I'm so glad I read this! Alice Clayton has a new fan for sure! ( )
  GwendolynGrace | Jul 15, 2015 |
I totally love this book and I can't wait for Rusty Nailed to be released. ( )
  aikulet | Jun 23, 2015 |
I loved this book! It grabbed my attention from the very beginning and I kept trying to figure out how Simon could possibly be the "hero" of this book. But by the end I was completely in love with him! ( )
  TexasBookLover7 | Jun 16, 2015 |
El protagonista masculino me pareció uno más del montón y la historia de amor .... MEH .

HOWEVER , la novela entera es desopilante y super recomendable . Para reirse de verdad . ( )
  LaMala | Jun 7, 2015 |
Oh My God! I loved this book! I have read similar romance novels in the past but none of them had the humour. Wallbanger honestly cracked me up!

Firstly, I will warn that this book does contain sex and a hell of a lot of sexual references. The clue is kinda in the name and book cover.

Besides the obvious humour and silliness, Wallbanger's premise is very plausible. Just like the main character Caroline, you never know what neighbours you will have when you move to a new flat (apartment)/house. But of course, nobody expects to move in next to anyone like Simon. And the confrontation that ensues is hysterical.

Wallbanger is told in first person, from the point-of-view of Caroline. And boy is she witty. The story is somewhat predictable - I mean it is a romance about a woman and her rather noisy, amorous neighbour. I'll give you three guess as to what happens. But there is also the little side story of Caroline trying to reclaim her lost "O". Something that not only would be frustrating when Simon is your neighbour but also adds to the hilarity. Caroline and Simon are brilliant together. They honestly try to hate each other but you can sense the chemistry a mile off.

Although I really liked Caroline and Simon, my favourite character is definitely Caroline's cat, Clive. Yes, I know a cat! But he was just so snarky and possesive of Caroline with such an amusing fuck-you attitude towards the men in Caroline's life. He's brilliant. He also has the cutest and funniest crush on one of Simon's "harem" (as Caroline calls his women).
"Then all was blessed silent. Except for Clive. He continues to pine for his lost love until four in the mother-loving morning."

Although much of the book is comical, there was on quote that I want to highlight:
"It breaks my heart the way young girls pick themselves over, never thinking their good enough. You make sure you always remember, you're exactly the way you're supposed to be. Exactly. And anyone who says otherwise, well, poppycock."
This is definitely something that all girls need to remember. Sure we all have our faults but that doesn't mean we aren't all perfect in our own way. Our faults make us unique. You're good enough if you want to be good enough, who gives a toss what others think.

I loved Wallbanger and I would definitely recommend it to those who love to read contemporary romance (or even humour as that's what drew me to read it). I will definitely read more from Alice Clayton and can't wait to get my hands on Rusty Nailed, the second book in the Cocktail series.

And on a final note:
"Simon goes commando. God bless America." ( )
  MyExpandingBookshelf | Jun 1, 2015 |
To my mom, for letting me have coconut on my birthday cake
even though no one else likes it.

To my dad, for reading me Garfield comics
until we laughed so hard we were both crying.

“Oh, God.”

"Caroline Reynolds has a fantastic new apartment in San Francisco, a KitchenAid mixer, and no O (and we're not talking Oprah here, folks). She has a flourishing design career, an office overlooking the bay, a killer zucchini bread recipe, and no O. She has Clive (the best cat ever), great friends, a great rack, and no O. Adding insult to O-less, since her move, she has an oversexed neighbor with the loudest late-night wallbanging she's ever heard. Each moan, spank, and--was that a meow?--punctuates the fact that not only is she losing sleep, she still has, yep, you guessed it, no O."--Page 4 of cover.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,079,091 books! | Top bar: Always visible