Wallbanger by Alice Clayton

Wallbanger (edition 2012)

by Alice Clayton (Author)

Series: Cocktail (1)

Member:koalalover
Title:Wallbanger
Authors:Alice Clayton (Author)
Info:Omnific Publishing (2012), Edition: 1st, Kindle Edition
Collections:Your library, Kindle
Rating:***
Tags:contemporary, romance, chic lit, read in 2012, Caroline Reynolds & Simon Parker

Wallbanger by Alice Clayton

1 mujer profesionalmente exitosa que ha perdido su O.

1 fotografo, poseedor de un harén, que hace vibrar las paredes.

6 amigos fieles creyentes del amor.

1 gato que habla. (Clive, si estás leyendo esto, quiero decirte que eres mi favorito)

1 capitulo desde el punto de vista del gato que habla.

Mezcle todo muy bien y obtendrá una historia de amor muy divertida y digna de una película.

Sin demasiadas complicaciones en la trama, ni drama forzado; y aunque ligero, con personajes muy bien desarrollados, Wallbanger es un éxito. ( )
  Glire | Jul 7, 2014 |
This book is just so complete in every way! I literally laughed out loud more than a few times :-) There are no huge surprises, no psychological baggage with the main characters, and behind it all, there is a great friendship. While I fell in love with Pink Nighty and Wallbanger, the stars of the show might just be Clive and Ms. O, complete with his smoking jacket and q-tip cigarette. Definitely a must read for anyone! ( )
  BooksToBreathe | Jul 2, 2014 |
Whats better than a comedic romance, a hot guy and a lovely girl everyone adores.
Good work alice clayton.
  Mimi_styles | May 11, 2014 |
Wallbanger is a book that suddenly appeared on my radar via social media. It seemed that everyone was reading and loving it all at once, including several people whose reviews I respect and regard as my ‘I really should check this out’ reading list. It seemed the perfect thing for a light read; especially as many people commented on how hilarious the book was (in a good way).

Funny, sexy and honest – Wallbanger is an original take on the romance genre, as it’s equally sexy and sweet. It’s also not ashamed to be honest – there’s discussion of orgasms (mainly lack of, in Caroline’s case) and sexual fantasies. Plus it has the longest URST (unresolved sexual tension) I’ve ever read, to the point where I was telling the main characters, ‘just get it on’!

But let me backtrack – I’ve told you this is a romance based novel, but what’s it actually about? Wallbanger is told from the first person point of view of Caroline, interior designer (not decorator!), who has just moved into a fantastic apartment in San Francisco. As she settles into bed on the first night, she’s disrupted by banging from the common wall – somebody (actually, two) are having a good time. The next night, same thing – but different girl (who meows in the throes of passion, to the delight of Caroline’s cat, Clive). And soon after, same banging but yet another girl. At this point, Caroline is frustrated in many ways. Clad in a pink nightie, she confronts her neighbour Simon and christens him ‘Wallbanger’. Later at a party held by her boss, Caroline and her friends come face to face with Simon and his friends. As luck would have it, his friends and her friends pair off, leaving Caroline and Simon to get to know each other. As their friendship develops, so does the heat between them with many near miss moments. Will they ever see the potential for a relationship?

Caroline’s honesty is very refreshing – this is a girl not afraid to spill (think a younger, San Fran Carrie Bradshaw). She laments the loss of her ‘O’ after a short relationship with a local pizza chain owner and she’s desperate to get it back (cue scene involving Jason Bourne and Dr Ross that ends hilariously). Her gal pals Mimi and Sophia are also interesting, choosing the men that they think are ‘their type’, ignoring their heart. Unfortunately, they didn’t distinguish themselves enough in my head for me to separate them out – same thing for Simon’s friends. But that’s okay because the clear stars of this novel are Caroline and Simon. Their banter is witty (often laden with double entendres) but they’re not afraid to talk truthfully as their friendship develops. The ‘will they or won’t they’ became a clear ‘when will they’ about halfway through the book for me. But the when was a bit too dragged out for my liking – it was really frustrating at times! The in-between scenes were laced with wit and humour but some more action would have been nice.

Saying that, I am really looking forward to the next book in the Cocktail series, Rusty Nailed. (It will be released in Australia and the US on 24th June 2014. UK, you’ll need to wait until 3rd July 2014). It continues with Caroline and Simon’s relationship – it will be interesting to see how their romantic relationship continues now Caroline’s O is back and the sexual tension is taken down a notch. I’m sure it will be just as wonderfully honest with the same spiky wit and dialogue.

http://samstillreading.wordpress.com ( )
  birdsam0610 | May 10, 2014 |
OMG .... I LOVED , LOVED , LOVED THIS BOOK .. DID I MENTION I LOVED THIS BOOK ...

Right from the first page I was LMAO ... this will definitely be a re-read for me ....

Caroline Reynolds has a fantastic new apartment in San Francisco, a KitchenAid mixer, and no O (and we’re not talking Oprah here, folks). She has a flourishing design career, an office overlooking the bay, a killer zucchini bread recipe, and no O. She has Clive (the best cat ever), great friends, a great rack, and no O.

Adding insult to O-less, since her move, she has an oversexed neighbor with the loudest late-night wallbanging she’s ever heard. Each moan, spank, and–was that a meow?–punctuates the fact that not only is she losing sleep, she still has, yep, you guessed it, no O.

Enter Simon Parker. (No, really, Simon, please enter.) When the wallbanging threatens to literally bounce her out of bed, Caroline, clad in sexual frustration and a pink baby-doll nightie, confronts her heard-but-never-seen neighbor. Their late-night hallway encounter has, well, mixed results. Ahem. With walls this thin, the tension’s gonna be thick…

Caroline OMG she had me lmao right from the start , her banter back and forth with herself . Her talking with her BFF's it was hilarious. The Ladies in the bedroom listening to MR Wallbanger I was dying laughing full blown laughing out loud tears in my eyes .. SHE IS FUCKING HILARIOUS . She had Backbone , she was fiesty , she sparred nothing with her words and laughed omg did I laugh .....

Simon Wallbanger Parker , Hot , Sexy Blue eyes , Man Whore that he was LOL .... He was so against relationships and commitment with one Girl Until he opened his door and found Caroline the Nightie girl clad in a pink nightie . The everything changed , he could not stop thinking about her , and next thing you know he is cutting his ties with his Harem . His love for Baked bread OMG Hilarious . nothing like inhaling a WHOLE Loaf of bread in one sitting ...

“Why are you such a manwhoring asshole?” I asked, my face inches from his.
“Why are you such a cockblocking priss?” he asked, and when I opened my mouth to tell him exactly what I thought,
the fucker kissed me.
Kissed me.

"get your ass over here right now, you motherfucking scary movie pusher " My FAV freaking line in the whole book ......

Clive the Cat OMG he killed me with the whole Purina chic scene I thought I was going to die again from laughter . Then when he was protective of his momma in the middle of everything I was Crying from Laughter .

Wallbanger is a story that will make you laugh, swoon, sigh, and then laugh some more. I had such a good time reading this book, and I think you will too. YOU MUST READ this book . this is by far a hilarious book that will pull you in right from the start and have you swooning , getting you're woo on and laughing your ass off till the end .
  Chris.BlogEmporium | May 6, 2014 |

"Caroline Reynolds has a fantastic new apartment in San Francisco, a KitchenAid mixer, and no O (and we're not talking Oprah here, folks). She has a flourishing design career, an office overlooking the bay, a killer zucchini bread recipe, and no O. She has Clive (the best cat ever), great friends, a great rack, and no O. Adding insult to O-less, since her move, she has an oversexed neighbor with the loudest late-night wallbanging she's ever heard. Each moan, spank, and--was that a meow?--punctuates the fact that not only is she losing sleep, she still has, yep, you guessed it, no O."--Page 4 of cover.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,228,813 books! | Top bar: Always visible