Wallbanger by Alice Clayton

Wallbanger (edition 2012)

by Alice Clayton (Author)

Series: Cocktail (1)

Member:koalalover
Title:Wallbanger
Authors:Alice Clayton (Author)
Info:Omnific Publishing (2012), Edition: 1st, Kindle Edition
Collections:Your library, Kindle
Rating:***
Tags:contemporary, romance, chic lit, read in 2012, Caroline Reynolds & Simon Parker

Wallbanger by Alice Clayton

A very light and fun read.
The events are pretty unbelievable, so don't expect anything deep (no pun intended). Still, this could be a perfect beach read. ( )
  Aneris | Apr 22, 2017 |
I wasn’t exactly sure what to expect when I picked this one up. It kept coming up as a recommendation on Goodreads, but I finally decided to read it when some fellow readers recommended it to me specifically.

It’s the first book I’ve read of Alice Clayton’s but I was so pleasantly surprised. I think based on the cover photo and title, I was expecting something way less funny. But this book was hilarious! There were several times I was laughing until I cried. I love a lot about this book. Caroline and I being close to the same age helped me relate to her, even if she was way more established job-wise than I am. I loved that she had a cat, Clive, and how much she adored him. Their interactions were just great! And totally relatable for a cat-lover like me. (The scene where Clive jumps on Caroline's bed after the scary movie was sooooo funny. Caroline was literally me in this situation as I would have reacted the exact same way.)

Caroline was so funny. I loved her. She was dedicated and hardworking in her career, and wasn't afraid to stand up for herself when it came to difficult situations. She definitely went for what she wanted, but wasn't afraid to say no too.

Simon was so surprisingly sweet. When he talked about how his parents held hands, and then later on when he and Caroline are working independently on the couch, and he reaches over to hold her hand... *swooooooon*. I loved it. He listened to Caroline, and was actually interested in what she was saying and feeling. He was great!

The friendship between the three ladies was also great. I loved how Clayton interspersed text message conversations into the book. Not only did it let the reader see a bit into the conversations between other characters, it added a realistic aspect to the story. So much of conversation is done by text message nowadays. Adding that really helped bring the story to life.

I really enjoyed how Simon and Caroline helped their friends figure out their love lives. I also liked that Simon and Caroline didn’t start dating each other right away. They definitely tried to keep that friend boundary for a while, even if both of them were feeling more. While the idea of how they meet is somewhat unrealistic, I felt their friendship and their subsequent relationship was much more realistic. It started the best way - they were friends first. They got to know each other before putting any real romantic feelings on the line.

I’m glad there is a sequel because I’m interested in how their relationship progresses, and how they handle life stresses together. I’ll be picking it up soon! Overall, probably one of the funniest books I’ve read in a while. Very enjoyable!

See this review plus a recipe for Simon and Caroline inspired zucchini bread on the blog ---> Books for the Living. ( )
  BooksForTheLiving | Mar 20, 2017 |
Review Posted on HarlequinJunkie.com

Caroline Reynolds loves her life in the bay area. Her job, her cat, her friends, and now – her new apartment, courtesy of her boss, Jillian. She has an amazing boss, really. Jillian is deeply in love and renovating the perfect house – so subletting her place to Caroline is a no-brainer. On her first night in the new apartment, she’s woken up in the wee hours by the sound of energetic, frenetic, no-holes-barred sex. Read More ( )
  Aleveria | Jan 12, 2017 |
Usually I do not read Comedy, but after hearing all the praise on this book I had to give it a try.

I thought it was entertaining and I caught myself smiling a few times. The storyline was unique and the characters were great. I loved Caroline's personality and let's be honest Wallbanger is a total heart throb.

The romance was built off of friendship, nothing was rushed, and I can appreciate that.

Simon changes throughout the book from a man whore to a compassionate, caring man. When him and Caroline finally got together I loved the book. Before that though... I was bored.

The cat was suppose to be a funny attribute, but he annoyed me. Maybe it's because I am not a cat person... I don't know.

The behavior was bizarre and unbelievable.

I enjoyed the friendships, but wished Simon was with Caroline earlier because I truly enjoyed their story and felt like I didn't get enough. ( )
  ReadersCandyb | Jan 3, 2017 |
2nd review, not really happy with it. Clicked on something and lost it all and had to rewrite from memory. Wasn't going to write anything but wanted to share some of my thoughts.

So I did not heed the advice and started this at night and it was a very bad idea. The book is too funny to read when other's are sleeping. You could wake the dead with the very loud laughter this book elicits.

The protagonist Clive is smart, adorable and a badass protector of his people. He loves to have fun, but is also very responsible when it comes to his woman. No man messes with his woman and gets away unscathed. His isn't the one woman kind, but never forgets the one that's always been there. Clive loves to relax and watch over his neighborhood. No need for a guard dog with Clive around.

What? Clive isn't the protagonist? Then who the hell is? Read the book and please let me know. LOL

It was very refreshing being in Caroline's head. Caroline Reynolds is pass her low self-image days, she knows she hot (she's not vain) and can catch the eye of a guy without trying. She's witty, sassy, and as crass as a lady could be. She has a great life, career, and great friends. Caroline moves into her new apartment and had the unfortunate luck (not too sure about that) of having a very noisy neighbor. Her neighbor Simon partakes in nightly extra-curricular activities that keeps her awake but entertained at the same time. Caroline jokingly coins Simon as Wallbanger. Caroline has lost her O and Wallbanger's, very healthy sex life was interfering with her mission to get it back. Caroline and Simon meet and things got even more interesting, funny, and freaking hot.

Oh, Simon Parker, yummy. A lover not a fighter, cheesy, I know. Even with his many sexcapades, you can't help going crazy over Simon. He wasn't a jerk, or a 'manhore' by any means. He had his reasons for his flourishing sex life and he plays no games. He and Caroline had it out with a thin bedroom wall coming between their thick sexual tension when around each other. They had to come to an agreement on how to deal with their situation. It helped learning about Simon's past to understand how it shaped him into the person he is now.

Funny as hell, with a cast of shameless characters. Very steamy and good story. Loved the texting conversations, and the road trip internal monologue. Very, very funny. Still need to know who is the heroine or hero of the book if it's not Clive.
  GigisIrieReads | Oct 22, 2016 |
To my mom, for letting me have coconut on my birthday cake
even though no one else likes it.

To my dad, for reading me Garfield comics
until we laughed so hard we were both crying.

“Oh, God.”

"Caroline Reynolds has a fantastic new apartment in San Francisco, a KitchenAid mixer, and no O (and we're not talking Oprah here, folks). She has a flourishing design career, an office overlooking the bay, a killer zucchini bread recipe, and no O. She has Clive (the best cat ever), great friends, a great rack, and no O. Adding insult to O-less, since her move, she has an oversexed neighbor with the loudest late-night wallbanging she's ever heard. Each moan, spank, and--was that a meow?--punctuates the fact that not only is she losing sleep, she still has, yep, you guessed it, no O."--Page 4 of cover.… (more)

163 wanted3 pay1 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,895,238 books! | Top bar: Always visible