Wallbanger by Alice Clayton

Member:TheBooknerd
Title:Wallbanger
Authors:Alice Clayton
Info:Omnific Publishing (2012), Edition: 1ST, Paperback, 314 pages
Collections:Your library, Read in 2013, Currently reading, Favorites, Read in 2012
Rating:*****
Tags:fiction, romance, contemporary, comedy, humor, neighbors, San Francisco, interior designer, photographer

Wallbanger by Alice Clayton

Is the cover of this book supposed to spin me out so much? When I first saw it, I thought, "OH HOLY HELL, what on earth is wrong with that man's arms?!"

Just me?

I thought so. :)

Cover aside (although, you're still thinking about it, aren't you?), this book wasn't too bad. I love the first half, hilarious, witty and flirty, but the characters completely changed in the last quarter. Where did all the sarcastic chemistry disappear to?! It was farcical to be honest. I felt like Clayton created and built up these unique characters and then they developed entirely new personas in a matter of a few pages. A let down, to be honest; it seriously affected my overall rating of the book.

LaurenKathryn | Mar 31, 2014 |

This book was all about the Big O and OOOOOOOOO did I love it!

I could feel the chemistry between Carline and Simon shooting off the pages through my hands to all different and inappropriate places of my body.

Alice Clayton you are a God. You had me rolling on more than one
occasion

"Get your ass over here you motherfuckin movie pusher!!

and that last chapter was EPIC...I mean who would have thought about that???

Purina, Wallbanger, Pink nightie girl...OMG at the name calling in this book lol but then again no wonder Simon was smitten.

All in all it was a very enjoyable read and I will be adding all Alice's books to my "must read" list! ( )
  amydnoland | Mar 31, 2014 |
I was shockingly funny. I have not laughed that hard with a book in a long time. I was so classic and real, real life!

I would love to see if they make their relationship work with him traveling and he not being able to because of work. I would like to see if they could take their relationship pass the acrobat stage, lol.
  ChannellingCloretta | Mar 9, 2014 |
I absolutely adored this book, right up until the ending. And the ending wasn't BAD; it was just not great like the rest of the book. The marathon of sex at the end didn't drive the story forward, in my opinion.

But lackluster ending aside, this book was laugh-out-loud (not LOL but like actual laughs!) hilarious in parts, and heartwarmingly swoony in others.

The cover makes it look like it's full on erotica, but it's not. It's a fun, light, and funny contemporary romance and one I highly recommend. ( )
  CyndiTefft | Feb 6, 2014 |

"Caroline Reynolds has a fantastic new apartment in San Francisco, a KitchenAid mixer, and no O (and we're not talking Oprah here, folks). She has a flourishing design career, an office overlooking the bay, a killer zucchini bread recipe, and no O. She has Clive (the best cat ever), great friends, a great rack, and no O. Adding insult to O-less, since her move, she has an oversexed neighbor with the loudest late-night wallbanging she's ever heard. Each moan, spank, and--was that a meow?--punctuates the fact that not only is she losing sleep, she still has, yep, you guessed it, no O."--Page 4 of cover.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,487,033 books! | Top bar: Always visible