Wallbanger by Alice Clayton

Member:TheBooknerd
Title:Wallbanger
Authors:Alice Clayton
Info:Omnific Publishing (2012), Edition: 1ST, Paperback, 314 pages
Collections:Your library, Read in 2013 (inactive), Favorites, Read in 2012 (inactive)
Rating:*****
Tags:fiction, romance, contemporary, comedy, humor, neighbors, San Francisco, interior designer, photographer

Wallbanger by Alice Clayton

Review Posted on HarlequinJunkie.com

Caroline Reynolds loves her life in the bay area. Her job, her cat, her friends, and now – her new apartment, courtesy of her boss, Jillian. She has an amazing boss, really. Jillian is deeply in love and renovating the perfect house – so subletting her place to Caroline is a no-brainer. On her first night in the new apartment, she’s woken up in the wee hours by the sound of energetic, frenetic, no-holes-barred sex. Read More ( )
  Aleveria | Jan 12, 2017 |
Usually I do not read Comedy, but after hearing all the praise on this book I had to give it a try.

I thought it was entertaining and I caught myself smiling a few times. The storyline was unique and the characters were great. I loved Caroline's personality and let's be honest Wallbanger is a total heart throb.

The romance was built off of friendship, nothing was rushed, and I can appreciate that.

Simon changes throughout the book from a man whore to a compassionate, caring man. When him and Caroline finally got together I loved the book. Before that though... I was bored.

The cat was suppose to be a funny attribute, but he annoyed me. Maybe it's because I am not a cat person... I don't know.

The behavior was bizarre and unbelievable.

I enjoyed the friendships, but wished Simon was with Caroline earlier because I truly enjoyed their story and felt like I didn't get enough. ( )
  ReadersCandyb | Jan 3, 2017 |
A very light and fun read.
The events are pretty unbelievable, so don't expect anything deep (no pun intended). Still, this could be a perfect beach read. ( )
  Aneris | Dec 29, 2016 |
2nd review, not really happy with it. Clicked on something and lost it all and had to rewrite from memory. Wasn't going to write anything but wanted to share some of my thoughts.

So I did not heed the advice and started this at night and it was a very bad idea. The book is too funny to read when other's are sleeping. You could wake the dead with the very loud laughter this book elicits.

The protagonist Clive is smart, adorable and a badass protector of his people. He loves to have fun, but is also very responsible when it comes to his woman. No man messes with his woman and gets away unscathed. His isn't the one woman kind, but never forgets the one that's always been there. Clive loves to relax and watch over his neighborhood. No need for a guard dog with Clive around.

What? Clive isn't the protagonist? Then who the hell is? Read the book and please let me know. LOL

It was very refreshing being in Caroline's head. Caroline Reynolds is pass her low self-image days, she knows she hot (she's not vain) and can catch the eye of a guy without trying. She's witty, sassy, and as crass as a lady could be. She has a great life, career, and great friends. Caroline moves into her new apartment and had the unfortunate luck (not too sure about that) of having a very noisy neighbor. Her neighbor Simon partakes in nightly extra-curricular activities that keeps her awake but entertained at the same time. Caroline jokingly coins Simon as Wallbanger. Caroline has lost her O and Wallbanger's, very healthy sex life was interfering with her mission to get it back. Caroline and Simon meet and things got even more interesting, funny, and freaking hot.

Oh, Simon Parker, yummy. A lover not a fighter, cheesy, I know. Even with his many sexcapades, you can't help going crazy over Simon. He wasn't a jerk, or a 'manhore' by any means. He had his reasons for his flourishing sex life and he plays no games. He and Caroline had it out with a thin bedroom wall coming between their thick sexual tension when around each other. They had to come to an agreement on how to deal with their situation. It helped learning about Simon's past to understand how it shaped him into the person he is now.

Funny as hell, with a cast of shameless characters. Very steamy and good story. Loved the texting conversations, and the road trip internal monologue. Very, very funny. Still need to know who is the heroine or hero of the book if it's not Clive.
  GigisIrieReads | Oct 22, 2016 |
3.5 / 5 ( )
  Amanda105 | Sep 5, 2016 |
To my mom, for letting me have coconut on my birthday cake
even though no one else likes it.

To my dad, for reading me Garfield comics
until we laughed so hard we were both crying.

“Oh, God.”

"Caroline Reynolds has a fantastic new apartment in San Francisco, a KitchenAid mixer, and no O (and we're not talking Oprah here, folks). She has a flourishing design career, an office overlooking the bay, a killer zucchini bread recipe, and no O. She has Clive (the best cat ever), great friends, a great rack, and no O. Adding insult to O-less, since her move, she has an oversexed neighbor with the loudest late-night wallbanging she's ever heard. Each moan, spank, and--was that a meow?--punctuates the fact that not only is she losing sleep, she still has, yep, you guessed it, no O."--Page 4 of cover.… (more)

163 wanted3 pay1 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 111,654,102 books! | Top bar: Always visible