Chased By The Light by Jim Brandenburg

Chased By The Light (edition 2001)

by Jim Brandenburg

Member:sibyx
Title:Chased By The Light
Authors:Jim Brandenburg
Info:Creative Publishing international (2001), Edition: 2, Paperback, 132 pages

Chased By The Light by Jim Brandenburg

This is one of my favorite books of all time. It is the book that I find myself lifting off the shelf when I need to reconnect with something inside that inspires my own art. Whatever the author intended, the result is visually poetic.

The concept is simple, one photograph each day for 90 days. Only one shot. One chance to capture the essence of that one day. The exercise was designed to take the author, famed photographer Jim Brandenburg, back to the fundamentals of his craft; focus, light, study. He describes it as a self-assignment, something to sharpen his wits again. His subject was just outside his back door, the Minnesota North Woods.

What he has created in this inspiring book is nothing short of miraculous.

The images are stunningly beautiful and so completely natural and real, that I am transported into them. I can hear and smell them. The accompanying narrative adds dimension and texture without explaining too much.

Highly recommended for anyone who loves nature or photography, and certainly a must have for anyone who loves both! ( )
1 vote villandry | Apr 12, 2008 |

Presents the noted photographer's images of Northern Minnesota taken during his self-assigned task of taking only one photograph per day through the fall season.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,504,464 books! | Top bar: Always visible