Junior Stock: Drag Racing the Family Sedan…

Junior Stock: Drag Racing the Family Sedan (edition 2012)

by Doug Boyce

Collections:JoLynn's Books
Rating:****1/2

Junior Stock: Drag Racing the Family Sedan by

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Interesting and full of fun picture. Lent it to my dad as soon as I was done, he's into this sort of thing, and he enjoyed it immensely. Good for all ages I think.
  SaraEllen | Sep 8, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Wow....wow.....wow! It took me a while to get to this book (not the normal type of thing I read -- I've mostly been reading philosophy and neuroscience for the past couple of years) , but when I did finally get to it, I got all warm and fuzzy from the images and incredibly detailed descriptions of a bygone era that I caught the tail end of. My uncle used to race, and I was always impressed by his trophies when we visited his house.

The amount of research that went into this book is simply amazing. Details about drivers, what they did to trick out their rides, boost horsepower, etc.....I was quickly sucked in by amount of minutia and details. And of course, the numerous photographs. I'm going to purchase another copy to send to a friend, who is into such things. 5 stars, and kudos to the author for preserving the history of this era. ( )
  Biomusicologist | Mar 3, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
What a Great Book! 'Junior Stock' reminded me of what the Family Sedan was like, and what it was capable of in the right hands. A trip down Memory Lane for Car Buffs of all types. Very well written with plenty of detail and beautifully illustrated with fabulous photography.... this Book deserves a spot on any Auto Enthusiast's shelf. ( )
  Raibeart | Feb 26, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Junior Stock certainly brings back memories of building my own model cars and modifying them to represent the drag racers of the day. I especially enjoyed the inside information about manufacturers participation, special cars delivered to select dealers, and family sedans doing double duty at the track. The pictures alone are priceless. ( )
  bill | Feb 2, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Junior Stock: Drag Racing the Family Sedan is a book that brought me right back to my childhood, where summers were spent at the Cayuga / Toronto Motorsports Park with my enthusiastic father, betting which car would win each drag race and listening to his stories about when he visited the park with his stepdad as a kid. A mixture of facts, stories, and glossy photographs of classic cars, this is a gorgeous, informative reference text as well as a fun walk through car history - and I am planning on gifting it to my father, who I am sure will be thrilled to leaf through its pages.
  emilymelissabee | Jan 28, 2013 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Junior Stock: Drag Racing the Family Sedan by was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,089,896 books! | Top bar: Always visible