The Tenth Plague by Adam Blumer

The Tenth Plague (edition 2013)

by Adam Blumer

Collections:Read, Your library
Tags:"LTER", "Suspense"

The Tenth Plague by Adam Blumer

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Disclaimer: I read through the first 5 or 6 chapters, but I could do no more. So this review is not complete, but it's all I could produce.

I was not a fan of this book. I'm not a big reader of Christian Lit, and this book was very Christian, but so too were the Left Behind series, and I rather enjoyed those. Religion aside, there were other shortcomings with this novel. The action escalates far too quickly without much description or build-up. The chapters are short (not necessarily good or bad), but they left much to be desired. Prehaps if I had read on I would have learned more about the characters. But the book did not hook me. The author did not do a good job of catching my interested and sustaining me through their story. I would not recommend this read. ( )
  Lauralicious | Apr 10, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Interesting story line that kept my attentions till the end. Would recommend to anyone who enjoys a Christian mystery. This is the first one I have read and I will be inclined to read more.
  toades | Mar 21, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Little did Marc and Gillian know when they were invited to an exclusive retreat for the weekend that they would be in the middle of a serious of mysterious events in which people would die. Marc and Gillian, working with close friends, must find out who is behind the attacks disguised as plagues from the Bible before another person is killed.

This was a good book that definitely kept my interest, had good characters and a good story line. ( )
  amcreech | Mar 19, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A murder mystery with Christian characters. They have pasts that they regret, they doubt each other, they have disfunctional family relationships. You name it. It was refreshing to have the characters be real, troubled, normal humans,who happen to be Christians . The mystery part was top notch as well, skillfully crafted with background story, intertwined characters and gradual revelations about each of the main characters. I enjoyed this work, and look forward to more by Adam. Thanks for the early readers copy! ( )
  Linellsb1 | Mar 12, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I tried, I really did...several times. I'd read a chapter and not really be motivated to go to the next one. I'd come back & read another and wonder how it related to what I'd read before. The only thing I could figure out was that something bad was going to happen that would connect the dots.
I wondered what about the initial description led me to request this book to review. Nothing in those first few chapters grabbed my interest. Maybe this book is interesting to others, but it just didn't keep my interest enough to go beyond the first couple of chapters. Sorry, but just not my thing. ( )
  catlinp | Mar 5, 2013 |
Far too religious for my taste, religiosity actually got in the way of and distracted from an otherwise intresting plot. Author relied on standard religiouis description far too much when developing or explaining motivation of characters. Could have been so much better, but the desire to have a religious slant provided too great a temptation.
added by dmclane | editER Program on Librarything, Dale McLane (Jan 26, 2013)

Adam Blumer is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

The Tenth Plague by Adam Blumer was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,495,114 books! | Top bar: Always visible