SEAL Team Six: Hunt the Scorpion by Don Mann

SEAL Team Six: Hunt the Scorpion (edition 2013)

by Don Mann, Ralph Pezzullo (Contributor)

Member:dyarington
Title:SEAL Team Six: Hunt the Scorpion
Authors:Don Mann
Other authors:Ralph Pezzullo (Contributor)
Info:Mulholland Books (2013), Hardcover, 336 pages
Rating:***1/2

Hunt the Scorpion by Don Mann

Another Seal Team Six thriller with the team walking a line between life and death as usual. I would have to say I did not enjoy this book as much as the first book, Hunt the Wolf. It was not until the second half of the book that the real thrills began taking place with off-the-wall adventure. It felt as if the first half of the book was mostly background information on Libya (where it took place), Gaddafi, nuclear arms, etc, and at times got a little tiring. Oh, there were some thrills, but then back to the background. Would I recommend the book? Yes, if you like the nitty gritty, hard core assignments, action, and thrill. There is still enough there to keep it interesting. I intend to read books 3 and 4 as well. ( )
  dsdmd | Jun 4, 2014 |
He'd deal with it; take what was coming to him, as he always had. Figure out a way to make the best of it, if that was possible.

Hunt the Scorpion, while it had some great action, didn't hold my attention like the first book in the series did. In this one Crocker is back with his squad and this time they are trying to keep nuclear weapons out of the hands of terrorists.

The first half of this book seemed to go slowly to me. Don't get me wrong, there was a lot of action but I had a hard time staying interested in the story. I also had a hard time connecting with Crocker in this one. Crocker ends up going through some big things in this book and I did feel bad for him.

The second half really picked up and my interest in this book really grew. I loved the action towards the end and really enjoyed the ending. I look forward to reading the next book in this series.

Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for giving me the chance to read SEAL Team Six: Hunt the Scorpion. ( )
  dpappas | May 9, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is pretty standard stuff. The writing technique is good, the action is solid, but the book holds no real surprises. The characters are defined enough, but I didn't fell any connection to them, keeping them from feeling real to the reader. If you are looking for a procedural with plenty of action, then you'll be okay. If you're looking for well developed characters with a life of their own, you're in the wrong shooting house.

Mann and Pezzullo deliver a well written procedural with plenty of authentic details and action. That's the whole purpose of the book, and it delivers just fine. ( ( )
  cdhtenn2k10 | Jul 7, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Although the second book in the Thomas Cocker series, "Seal Team Six: Hunt the Scorpion" can be easily read as a stand-alone. From the first page, I found myself totally entranced and couldn't put the book down. Mann's experience as a SEAL certainly gives the story a realistic punch that puts the reader on edge and flipping the pages as quickly as possible.

I really enjoyed Thomas Cocker's character and the tough guy with a heart persona that made him very appealing and someone I really saw as a hero. Unfortunately, I didn't get enough of a connection with most of the other members of the team to really develop an opinion with their characters. I'm wondering if by missing the first in the series, I really missed out on the rest of these guys.

I thoroughly enjoyed SEAL Team Six: Hunt the Scorpion", although I did find sometimes the descriptions of the equipment the men carried to be a bit over the top and too detailed for me. With that said, I still love the book and am adding the other SEAL Team Six books to my must reads list. If you enjoy military thrillers, action and suspense or stories about our amazing SEALs, then you'll enjoy this novel!

For those that want to know: Contains adult language and violence, death, and some disturbing descriptions. ( )
  tweezle | Mar 25, 2013 |
Another great novel by Don Mann in the Thomas Crocker series. I received Hunt The Wolf via Goodreads Giveaway and was excited to receive Hunt The Scorpion as well. The author does a great job to build on the characters introduced and develop those introduced in this book.
I do quite enjoy that it can be read as a standalone and you don't necessarily need to have read the first to understand and grasp this one.
I don't read very many novels or thrillers for that matter, but this series and this author have drawn me in with the way the stories are told and presented in a high energy way that keeps the reader dialed in the whole time.
I enjoyed the varied adventures in this novel which all tied together through piratery, chemical weapons, search and seize operations, abduction, terrorist negotiations and all put together beautifully in the presentation a man trying to get his wife back who is being held hostage.

I enjoyed how it immediately setup for the next book, which I can not wait to begin reading, maybe I'll get Inside Seal Team Six and read that in the meantime ( )
  joalby1 | Mar 22, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0316209600, Hardcover)

Thomas Crocker and SEAL Team Six are back for another adrenaline packed adventure from former SEAL commando Don Mann.

When a nuclear device goes missing, and surfaces in the clutches of known terrorists, the United States calls on its most prized anti-terrorism force: Navy SEAL Team Six . Thomas Crocker and his squad from HUNT THE WOLF are called into action, protecting the world from terrorist threats.

With the same real life insight and pulse pounding action he brought to INSIDE SEAL TEAM SIX and HUNT THE WOLF, Don Mann takes readers inside the most elite combat unit on the planet and on an action-packed ride that is sure to appeal to fans of Vince Flynn and Brad Thor.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:55:38 -0400)

When a stolen nuclear device surfaces in the hands of known terrorists, Thomas Crocker and his squad are called into action to halt a catastrophic plot against the United States.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Hunt the Scorpion: A SEAL Team Six Novel by Don Mann was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,338,317 books! | Top bar: Always visible