God Gave Us Easter (God Gave Us Series) by…

God Gave Us Easter (God Gave Us Series) (edition 2013)

by Lisa Tawn Bergren (Author)

Little Cub talks with her father and learns about God's design for the Easter season and what it really means to Little Cub and her polar bear family.
Member:MandieR
Title:God Gave Us Easter (God Gave Us Series)
Authors:Lisa Tawn Bergren (Author)
Info:WaterBrook (2013), Edition: BRDBK, 40 pages

God Gave Us Easter by Lisa Tawn Bergren

I enjoyed this Christian Children's book. I received this as part of a gift. I voluntarily chose to review this. I've given this a 5* rating. I really like the way this author explains things to the very young. I'm sure my grandchildren will enjoy this. ( )
  NancyLuebke | Mar 11, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This was a sweet book. I personally didn't enjoy it as much as some of her other books, but my 6-yr-old daughter loved it. ( )
  msh09 | Mar 30, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this book from a Librarything.com giveaway. I was excited to receive it, but somewhat disappointed in it once I read it. It is confusing, especially for a child. The author tried to give the overall, broad picture of the Gospel, rather than focus on the actual event of the resurrection of Christ. That's not a bad thing, in general, but in a book obviously written for young children, it just results in confusion.
  milliebeverly | Mar 22, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Another great adition to the God Gave Us series. Excellent polar bear illutrations and a great message will make this a yearly (and year round) favorite.

I received this book from the Library Thing Early Reviewer program. ( )
  antmusic | Mar 19, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this book through LibraryThing's Early Reviewers.

Little Cub is celebrating Easter with her family and as she takes a walk with Papa, he explains the meaning of Easter to her.

The illustrations are absolutely lovely. I really enjoyed them. The colors are vivid and the images are sweet.

I did not care for the story. It was told in a very boring, matter-of-fact way. In fact, it came across very preachy to me. The author tries to use the nature that is surrounding the bears to illustrate points in the story but nothing felt cohesive to me. ( )
  ad_astra | Mar 17, 2013 |

Lisa Tawn Bergrenprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bryant, Laura J.Illustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Lisa Tawn Bergren's book God Gave Us Easter was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,789,123 books! | Top bar: Always visible