Ruth's First Christmas Tree by Elly…

Ruth's First Christmas Tree (2012)

by Elly Griffiths

I read this one yesterday because I was so tired and I just couldn't muster up energy enough to read any books. So a short story felt very nice. Btw, I got this one for free a couple of days ago and it's probably still free.

I have read every book that have been published in the Ruth Galloway series (quick check on GR, yes now I have with this little one) and I like the series. Ruth Galloway is an archaeologist and since I wanted to be one when I grew up am I always happy to stumble over one in a book. Also, it's crime since Ruth seems to be a magnet for trouble. So archaeology crime = happy Magdalena.

Anyway since this is a short story isn't it much to the story, but it was nice to read. A bit weird to read about Christmas in the middle of summer. This is a story about finding the right Christmas tree and a missing tree peg that seems to be linked to a dying old Curator.

Review also posted on And Now for Something Completely Different and It's a Mad Mad World ( )
  MaraBlaise | Jul 27, 2015 |
Archaeologist Ruth Galloway hasn't been celebrating Christmas, but she decides to do so for Kate this year. Unfortunately there isn't a great deal of plot to the novel except for a rehash of Ruth's pagan preferences. The best parts of the entire novella/short story are when Cathbad makes an appearance. Recommended only for those who can't get enough of the series. ( )
  thornton37814 | Dec 26, 2012 |

It is three days before Christmas and a bitter wind is blowing across Norfolk. Until her daughter was born, forensic archaeologist Ruth Galloway didn't do Christmas, but now that Kate is a year old, she wants it to be special. She must get a tree, shop for food, clean the house, buy presents, including one for her new boyfriend - who she isn't even sure is her boyfriend - and remember to get the turkey out of the freezer. But time is rushing by and the best-laid plans don't always work out...… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,502,331 books! | Top bar: Always visible