Gardening without Poisons by Beatrice Trum…

Gardening without Poisons (original 1964; edition 1971)

by Beatrice Trum Hunter (Author), Bob Hines (Illustrator)

1None3,689,591 (4)None
Member:dragonasbreath
Title:Gardening without Poisons
Authors:Beatrice Trum Hunter (Author)
Other authors:Bob Hines (Illustrator)
Info:Berkley Pub (1971),
Collections:Your library, Encyclopedia/Dictionary/Facts, non-fiction, Recipes/Culinary/Food Related
Tags:Non-Fiction, Food, Gardening, Pesticide, Natural, Non-toxic

Gardening Without Poisons by --N/A-- (1964)

Recently added bydragonasbreath

No reviews
The acceptance of a philosophy of [pest] control rather than eradication does not minimize the technical or economic importance of a program, but acknowledges the realities of biology.
~Report on Use of Pesticides
by the President's Science Advisory Committee,
May 15, 1963
To Herbert S Allen
"Wouldn't you rather eat an apple with a little bit of poison than one which is riddled with worms?"

Suddenly we are faced with the cruel choice between chemical poisons taht pollute the environment on the one hand, and unchecked depredations of insects adn plant diseases on the other. NOw here is hte way to free us from that dilemma.

---------------------------------------

Suddenly we are faced with the cruel choice between chemical poisons that pollute the environment on the one hand, and unchecked depredations of insects and plant diseases on the other. Now here is hte way to free us from that dilemma.

Many have remained unaware of the natural controls developed by modern science that are much safer and more effective than the deadly chemicals we are now using. Gardening Without Poisons shows us how natural protections against insect plagues and pestilence work, and how we can make these forces help us if we understand them. Now each of us can learn what to do - in our own gardens - to introduce safe and sound techniques to enjoy the benefits nature has to offer.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,337,036 books! | Top bar: Always visible