Battlefield of the Mind: Winning the Battle…

Battlefield of the Mind: Winning the Battle in Your Mind (1995)

by Joyce Meyer

Series: Warner Faith

English (14)  Spanish (1)  All languages (15)
Each time I have read this book, I have discovered something new. This book is written by a person who is an open book about her past, a person who isn't afraid to share her failures and her successes. I highly recommend this book to anyone who struggles in their thoughts. ( )
  MrGilpatric | Jan 1, 2015 |
A brilliant book written by an inspirational woman, leader and teacher.

A lot of the issues we are challenged with, or fight against, are not battles with other people so much as battles in our own minds - in the way we think about things, which then affects how we feel about things and ultimately how we respond to circumstances.

Our thought-life does not have to control us.

GIGO - Garbage In, Garbage Out.

We can all control our thought-life and how we react to circumstances. "For as a man/woman thinks in his/her heart, so does he/she become." ( )
  ClareHatt | May 25, 2013 |
What I learned from this book was to seriously consider about my thoughts and thought process. This is a non-fiction work about obedience and finding out how that really works. It is so uplifting to see God's bigger plan at work, which is something often hard to notice in our own lives. You can read this multiple times and still find new nuggets of wisdom...and application! Joyce Meyers is a favorite because you can see by the fruit of her works that she lives what she writes. Bad trees cannot produce good fruit. ( )
  hopefully86 | May 1, 2013 |
This particular book challenges you to take a good look at yourself and how you think, as well as it is a good tool to use with any ministy teaching venue. Even though these are Joyce Meyers own personal experiences, many of us I am sure have had to deal with or are dealing with some of the same issues that are addressed.
Thought provoking book, would recommend it to everyone, I am using it in my women's book group and it has generated alot of conversations, opinions and possible paths to finding solutions for the women in this group. ( )
  MaryAnn12 | Apr 4, 2013 |
Even if religious perspective is not your deal there are loads and loads of wisdom in this book. It was simple to read and very fast. I'd recommend it because it did help me be more aware of my thoughts and the downward spirals of negativity that are so easy to drift into. I did not believe the phrase "Happiness is a choice" before but I know it to be true now.

Battlefield of The Mind also reminded me that common sense perhaps is not so common, especially in a stressed life. This is common sense with a Christian face that heals the universal soul. ( )
  ooniyide | Oct 26, 2012 |
I would like to dedicate Battlefield of the Mind to my oldest son, David. I know your personality is enough like mine that you have had your share of struggles in the mental realm. I see you growing continually, and I know that you are experiencing the victories that come from the renewal of the mind. I love you, David, and I am proud of you. Keep pressing on!

From this Scripture we see that we are in a war.

Worry, doubt, confusion, depression, anger and feelings of condemnation: all these are attacks on the mind. If readers suffer from negative thoughts, they can take heart! Joyce Meyer has helped millions win these all-important battles. In her most popular bestseller ever, the beloved author and minister shows readers how to change their lives by changing their minds.

She teaches how to deal with thousands of thoughts that people think every day and how to focus the mind the way God thinks. And she shares the trials, tragedies, and ultimate victories from her own marriage, family, and ministry that led her to wondrous, life-transforming truth--and reveals her thoughts and feelings every step of the way.

This special updated edition includes an additional introduction and updated content throughout the book.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:38:47 -0400)

Explains how people can change their lives by changing the way they think, revealing the impact negative emotions have on mental and physical health and providing strategies to help overcome feelings of anger, worry, doubt, and depression.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,165,116 books! | Top bar: Always visible