The Preacher's Outlaw (Western Escape) by…

The Preacher's Outlaw (Western Escape) (edition 2012)

by Patricia Bates

431,664,912 (3)None
Member:MariaD.
Title:The Preacher's Outlaw (Western Escape)
Authors:Patricia Bates
Info:Decadent Publishing Company, LLC (2012), Kindle Edition, 51 pages

The Preacher's Outlaw (Western Escape) by Patricia Bates

Recently added byautumnturner76, IamIndeed, RtB, MariaD.

A simple and sweet romance novella, this book takes a damsel in distress and puts her into the midst of a federal investigation, with her as bait and fugitive. The story moves quickly, as does the romance with the heroine and the hero, until circumstances and bad attitudes pull them apart.

The characters arrived with a great deal of history that was only shared in a piecemeal way, with the real reasons for the heroine’s tension not revealed until past the midpoint, when the story had reached a climactic point of action. As this is a novella and only 54 pages long, that technique worked for this story – but there was still room for growth and development in the characters that would have helped to serve the story. This is, ultimately, a romance, although it was brought to the last pages and a cliffhanger to discover if it was even possible. It was a decent, quick little read that fits the genre perfectly, with a few shared kisses and embraces to keep it true to the time in which it is set.

I received an eBook copy from author for purpose of honest review for Full Moon Bites tours. I was not compensated for this review, and all conclusions are my own responsibility.
  IamIndeed | Mar 29, 2013 |
Reviewed by: Babs
Book provided by: Publisher
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

Abigail has escaped prison to hunt down the man that has made her life miserable. When she arrives in Wyoming she gets accustomed to the life as she is plotting revenge. Things change when she meets up with Daniel. Daniel has been in Wyoming for the past few months waiting on two killers to come along. He was not expecting to find Abigail while there. He has been told to watch out for her, but had not intention of falling in love for her.

A great short read that has a bit or romance along with some suspense. I enjoyed the book for several reasons. One of the characters being a lawman and a preacher is not very common. At least for the books I have read. We can see Daniel struggle with both sides of dealing with Abigail. The struggle within him, falling in love and doing the right thing. Abigail’s character draws you into the book immediately as we would all feel the same way. I would want revenge if someone took a loved one away from me in such a tragic way. Second, the banter between the two characters makes one laugh and get frustrated. You can feel the love slowly coming about and happens at the end. Which in this case works for this novella. It would have been nice to learn more of Abigail and her past. Last, the author did a great job with the setting. It fit the story for the right time period and help draw the reader into the storyline.

I enjoyed the book. ( )
  RtB | Jan 15, 2013 |
I received a complimentary copy of this book as a part of a book tour in exchange for a fair and honest review.

With just a smidgen of heat, Patricia Bates brings the Old West alive with her tale of love between a bible quoting lawman and an escaped female prisoner in The Preacher's Outlaw. Likable characters, a tale of good versus evil and a fast pace kept me turning the pages of this short story until I reached the end. I found this to be perfect for a lunch time break or quick after dinner read.

An escaped convict, Abigail Murphy arrives in a small Wyoming town determined to get justice. Wrongfully convicted, Abigail escaped and now waits for her her youngest brother to meet her so they can continue making plans for the future and the justice they seek. Allowing herself to fall for a U.S. Marshall was not part of Abigail's plan.

A former preacher turned U.S. Marshall, Daniel Yuleman lives in Freewill, Wyoming and waits for the opportunity to get justice for a deceased friend. When Abigail Murphy arrives in town pretending to be someone else, he grabs the chance to both use her to get justice against the same man she hates and at the same time protect her from those on her trail. Falling in love with her wasn't a part of his plan.

The scenes between Abigail and Daniel are sweet, have an underlying current of heat and are easy to read. With a fast moving plot, Ms. Bates introduces her characters and quickly moves their romance along. Though a short story, I never felt as if things were being rushed or overlooked. Staying true to the time period, the romance between Abigail and Daniel is chaste and innocent. Their attraction to each other is well drawn.

When Abigail's pursuers arrive in town, will Daniel reveal he's known who she is all along? Will both Daniel and Abigail get the justice they seek from the law? And will Abigail forgive Daniel for not telling her all of the truth? You'll have to read The Preacher's Outlaw to find out. I liked it and I think you will too. ( )
  MariaD. | Dec 11, 2012 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,891,949 books! | Top bar: Always visible