Basic Bible Interpretation by Roy B. Zuck

Basic Bible Interpretation (original 1991; edition 1991)

by Roy B. Zuck (Author)

BASIC BIBLE INTERPRETATION Can the Bible really be understood? Are Old Testament prophecies relevant for today? How can I understand the symbolism of the Book of Revelation? What is the relationship of the Old Testament to the New Testament? Why study Bible interpretation? Dr. Roy Zuck points out that it is essential for understanding and teaching the Bible properly, essential as a step beyond observation, and essential for applying the Bible correctly. He discusses the challenges of Bible interpretation, considers the problems of Bible interpretation, explores the history of Bible interpretation, and defines key terms--all in a practical, down-to-earth way. Though Dr. Zuck's many years of teaching and scholarship are evident in this book, he has written in language understandable to all who are serious about bible study and who want to know better what Scripture means. Basic Bible Interpretation lives up to its title. It deals with the basics and doesn't confuse the reader with extraneous material. It focuses on the bible as the Word of God and handles that Word with "reverence and godly fear." It tells us how to interpret this marvelous Book, and even gives the reader opportunity to put the principles into practice. In every way, this book is a practical tool for the serious student who wants to study the Bible and apply its truths. Warren W. Wiersbe Author, Conference Speaker Having taught and written in the area of hermeneutics for almost thirty years, I am convinced that there is no more important course in the seminary curriculum for training in the scriptures. As Roy Zuck has so ably demonstrated, we cannot know the message of the bible for today until we know its meaning. Dr. Zuck's work is intensely biblical and comprehensive but at the same time it is simple and uncomplicated. This is a book we have needed for many years and I praise the Lord that it is now available. Earl D. Radmacher Chancellor, Professor of Systematic Theology Western Seminary At last! A book on hermeneutics you can understand. Dr. Zuck has drawn heavily on his many years of teaching in the seminary classroom to present an excellent treatise on biblical interpretation. While this book will be well received in the classroom, it is one that I will be wholeheartedly recommending to my congregation. While the scholarship is clearly present, it is nevertheless most readable and understandable by the average layperson. This book will make a valuable contribution to your ability to comprehend the Scriptures. Louis A. Barbieri Senior Pastor Des Plaines Bible Church Des Plaines, Illinois… (more)
Member:crain9
Title:Basic Bible Interpretation
Authors:Roy B. Zuck (Author)
Info:David C. Cook (1991), Edition: 1st, 324 pages
Rating:*

Basic Bible Interpretation by Roy B. Zuck (1991)

Logos Library
  birdsnare | May 16, 2019 |
A very informative and exhaustive book—I had no idea that there were 25 types of figures of speech (chapter 7) in the Bible, for instance. Dr. Zuck's style is understandable, not too stuffy or academic. Some chapters have exercises, with answers provided at the end of the book.
Dr. Zuck is fully convinced of his views, which may make his book a little off-putting to read if you disagree with him (for example, regarding the Millennium).
If you're just a person in the pew, this book will be too much for you (I'd recommend "Knowing Scripture" by R.C. Sproul). If you're in Bible college, or just enjoy challenging reads, then give it a try. ( )
  misskate | Jan 14, 2011 |
Book Review Coming!! www.kcarmstrong.blogspot.com ( )
  armstrongk | Mar 2, 2007 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,719,866 books! | Top bar: Always visible