The Seven Steps to Closure by Donna Joy…

The Seven Steps to Closure (edition 2012)

by Donna Joy Usher

Member:JerseyGirlBookReview
Title:The Seven Steps to Closure
Authors:Donna Joy Usher
Info:Lush Publications (2012), Paperback, 410 pages
Collections:Read, Your library

The Seven Steps to Closure by Donna Joy Usher

Have you ever struggled to find closure when a relationship has ended? Have you tried everything to get the ex out of your heart and mind, but to no avail you still want him? Welcome to Tara Babcock's world!

Thirty year old Aussie Tara Babcock has had a terrible year since her six year marriage to Jake ended when he left her for her cousin Tash! And to make things worse, Tara finds out that Jake and Tash are engaged, and the divorce papers haven't been signed yet! Also, Jake has tossed his hat in the political ring and is running for Lord Mayor of Sydney, now Tara has to endure seeing Jake's face on every billboard, newspaper and bus around town! Tara has tried everything to get over Jake: therapists, palm readers, self-help guides ... even a drunken binge on her thirtieth birthday ... but she still fantasizes about Jake!

With the encouragement of her three best friends: Dinah, Natalie and Elaine, Tara is going to follow the dubious advice in an article in Cosmo magazine to find the closure she so desperately needs. Can Tara follow the advice as stated in Closure in Seven Easy Steps to mend her broken heart and get her life back on track?

The Seven Steps to Closure is a sassy humorous story that will definitely tickle your funny bone! Author Donna Joy Usher weaves an entertaining tale written in the first person narrative with Tara Babcock, who takes the reader along on her crazy adventure to find the long overdue closure from her broken marriage. I loved the witty humor that the author weaves into this story, there are so many laugh-out-loud moments interspersed within Tara's journey of self-discovery, that you can't help but really enjoy yourself as you turn the pages.

I absolutely loved the quirky cast of characters in this story. Tara is one hot mess of a woman, but you can't help but feel for her, you just want to hug her one minute then smack her the next. With a wonderful set of best friends in Dinah, Natalie and Elaine, each different in personality and equally fabulous, these wonderful ladies have Tara's best interest in mind and are there to help her move on with her life. I found myself snickering at Tara's Mom's well-meaning intention when she brings Tara shelter pets like Cocky, the foul-mouthed Cockatiel and Princess the psycho cat. The pets' crazy antics are hysterical, I was laughing so hard I had tears streaming down my face. The bird's foul-mouthed antics reminded me of my pet parrot I had years ago, he could cuss like a sailor, that sucker provided hours of entertainment. I would be remiss if I didn't mention Matt, Tara's travelling companion, I loved, loved, loved that man!

I loved following Tara's journey of self-discovery through The Seven Steps to Closure. Here's a quick lowdown on the steps to peak your interest: Step 1: Get A New Hairdo. Step 2: Get A New Wardrobe. Step 3: Get A New Hobby. Step 4: Have Meaningless Sex. Step 5: Travel to an Exotic Destination. Step 6: Have Meaningful Sex. Step 7: Obtain Closure. As you follow along with each step Tara takes, there are so many quirky and endearing scenes that just draw you in, you find yourself enjoying the antics and adventures that await Tara and her entourage. I really enjoyed Tara's choice of India as her exotic destination. The author provides a richly detailed description of the country, you feel like you are transported there with Tara and Matt.

The Seven Steps to Closure is a story that is humorous, sassy, romantic and heartwarming. It is a story that is so much more than just a woman trying to find closure from a relationship that has ended, it is also the story of a woman who embarks on a journey of self-discovery and learns to love again. This is a delightful story that any fan of Chick Lit will surely enjoy!

Disclaimer: I received a copy of the book from the author in exchange for my honest review and participation in a virtual book tour event hosted by Chick Lit Plus Blog Tours.

http://jerseygirlbookreviews.blogspot.com/2012/12/the-seven-steps-to-closure-by-... ( )
  JerseyGirlBookReview | Dec 21, 2012 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 098732070X, Paperback)

Tara Babcock awakes the morning after her 30th birthday with a hangover that could kill an elephant - and the knowledge she is still no closer to achieving closure on her marriage breakup. Things go from bad to worse when she discovers that, not only is her ex-husband engaged to her cousin - Tash, the woman he left her for - but that Jake is also running for Lord Mayor of Sydney. Desperate to leave the destructive relationship behind and with nothing to lose, she decides- with encouragement from her three best friends - to follow the dubious advice from a magazine article, Closure in Seven Easy Steps. The Seven Steps to Closure follows Tara on her sometimes disastrous- always hilarious - path to achieve the seemingly impossible. A credible and amazingly touching debut novel from Donna Joy Usher, this is a solid, light-hearted and honest read with plenty of laughs.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:35:50 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,472,202 books! | Top bar: Always visible