Three Simple Questions: Knowing the God of Love, Hope, and Purpose

by Rueben P. Job

252720,357 (4)None
Rueben P. Job, author of Three Simple Rules, brings us a new insight on how to live a Christ-like life and explores the three most basic and profound questions at the center of our faith--questions that all major religions try to answer and around which there seems to be much confusion: Who is God? Who am I? Who are we together? In three brief and engaging chapters, readers will explore these questions and gain new understanding of the answers: Know that God is greater than you can imagine Believe that you are God's beloved child Be the love of Christ in the world They will also discover the greatness and goodness of God, the value of every beloved child of God, and the impact we can have in the world when we live as Jesus lived. Each chapter concludes with a simple spiritual practice to help readers remember and respond to what they have read, followed by a prayer. Now it is time for you to know, believe and become the answers. In its first paragraphs, Three Simple Questions triggered my hunger for hope. I hung on each word thereafter. By the time I finished my reading, I was filled to overflowing. I was drawn deeper by the notion of a God too small. Prayer as the place where we receive our identity was profound. I cheered with the truth that God loves all. I was intrigued by the imagery of my being a "holy chalice." The three daily practices are refreshing and engaging. In short, the read filled me with grace. --Bishop Sharon Brown Christopher… (more)

Combining both scripture and narrative, the author raises thought-provoking questions on the nature of God, on knowing ourselves, and on why we are together.

Readers begin by considering what they know about God: the naming of God, the image of the true God, the God of love revealed to all. A simple practice and a prayer conclude the section.

In Knowing Ourselves, the author examines a world that was once in darkness, the beloved children of God, remembering ourselves through prayer. Here, too, a simple practice and a prayer conclude the section.

Putting God and Ourselves together, readers examine Who We Are Together: the way of love, the human family, a family of faith, becoming faithful followers of Jesus. Here, too, readers find a simple practice and a prayer to finish the section.

An Epilogue offers a concise summary, a guide for daily prayer, and a pattern for daily prayer.

Notes and acknowledgments follow, providing a reference for readers.

A small, inspiring volume that is sure to strengthen the reader’s understanding.

Recommended. ( )
  jfe16 | Dec 26, 2019 |

Who is God?
Who am I?
Who are we together?

Know that God is greater than you can imagine
Believe that you are God's beloved child
Be the love of Christ in the world

Now it is time for you to know, believe and become the answers.

In its first paragraphs, Three Simple Questions triggered my hunger for hope. I hung on each word thereafter. By the time I finished my reading, I was filled to overflowing. I was drawn deeper by the notion of a God too small. Prayer as the place where we receive our identity was profound. I cheered with the truth that God loves all. I was intrigued by the imagery of my being a “holy chalice.” The three daily practices are refreshing and engaging. In short, the read filled me with grace. —Bishop Sharon Brown Christopher
  SUMC | Jun 25, 2014 |

Rueben P. Job, author of Three Simple Rules, brings us a new insight on how to live a Christ-like life and explores the three most basic and profound questions at the center of our faith—questions that all major religions try to answer and around which there seems to be much confusion: Who is God? Who am I? Who are we together?

In three brief and engaging chapters, readers will explore these questions and gain new understanding of the answers: Know that God is greater than you can imagine; Believe that you are God's beloved child; Be the love of Christ in the world.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,841,764 books! | Top bar: Always visible