New York Christmas by RJ Scott

New York Christmas

by RJ Scott

1,5 stars, rounded to 2.
Bad case of re-warmed up insta-love. Holiday-themed New York love story with some classics like Rockefeller center and ice skating in central park, but both MCs remained shallow and their whole story unplausible. Daniel, the rich and beautiful guy, who became a cop - way too good to be true. And Chris the insecure, poor and pretty teacher. After meeting in college, Daniel was secretly in love with Chris, but decided to wait to act on it, because "he was a slut" in college. Aha.

Then, 10 years later, he finds Chris again and starts to date him. They fall in love and in a course of less than 2 months, they not only deeply love each other and moved in together, Daniel even asked Chris to marry him.

The story was not realistic and felt too artificially sweet to me - even for a christmas read. Even the little drama from Chris' past was boring and seemed to be only composed to show how great Daniel really is. ( )
  Tam2603 | Apr 18, 2013 |
I found this Christmas story delightful! Highly recommended for all M/M romantics looking for something short and sweet. ( )
  gigi9988776 | Apr 9, 2013 |
  gigi9988776 | Apr 9, 2013 |
I was drawn to this book by the cover and the fact that it takes place in New York City, which is just about my favorite place ever. I had high hopes and while it wasn't bad, I was a bit let down.

One of my big problems was that Chris was really insecure. I know a lot of that was blamed on his prior relationship with a horrible jerk, but I think it went deeper than that. Daniel, on the other hand, didn't seem to have any flaws at all which made the relationship lack balance for me. I would've liked to see more personal growth from Chris.

I think there was tremendous potential for the story and if the book had been a bit longer or some of the ideas had been better realized I think this could have been an amazing book.

Overall, 3 stars. It was an easy Christmas read and the New York scenery was lovely. ( )
  Jyl22075 | Mar 31, 2013 |
A wonderful feel good Christmas story. Chris feels he's lost everything and doesn't really have anything left to offer the world. Then suddenly there is Daniel a crush from years ago. So much drama ensues because what would a dramatic Christmas story be without that. In the end you know love will win but it also doesn't just gloss over the struggles one has when overcoming emotional abuse. You can't turn self-esteem back on with a flip of a switch but the true love of another one will bring healing. I would love to hear more from these two maybe they could even help Ame find someone, too. Plus I want to know if Marie had a boy or a girl. ( )
  KatyBethMcKee | Mar 30, 2013 |

RJ Scott is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,461,631 books! | Top bar: Always visible