Abaddon's Gate by James S. A. Corey

Abaddon's Gate

by James S. A. Corey

Series: The Expanse (3)

English (50)  Italian (1)  All languages (51)
Okay, wow, this book had me discussing and screaming at it a lot. People die. People nearly die. Some of those deaths I was not at all okay with.

Bull and Sam. And nearly Naomi. I swear I'd have stopped reading the book and the series if Naomi had died.

Discovering the background of the protomolecule, the history, the vast other worlds out there, and the threat was awesome. Seeing both personal and political interactions in the crisis in a closed-off environment, too. God this series is brilliant. ( )
  _rixx_ | Aug 30, 2018 |
The Expanse series rocks!!! ( )
  Eternal.Optimist | Aug 22, 2018 |
3.5/5 stars

I didn't like this book as much as I liked the first two books. I enjoyed the story and plot and how it was told. This world is super cool - I liked how we get more existential with the Ring, and religion was tied into the plot. I just didn't like some of the POVs. Melba kinda sucked, and I just didn't really like her POV. Her story just didn't intrigue me. I also was not the biggest fan of Bull's POV either...he was an integral part of the story, but I just didn't like his voice. I didn't connect with him. I missed Avasrala.

I enjoyed the conversation of religion in this novel. Anna's POV was great, and I enjoyed how the authors integrated this. They don't create religion as an entity, or vilify it. They create a safe space for both religious and non religious people within the novel. It was really well done in my opinion.
The Miller plot line continues to be weird, but definitely important and well done as well.

Overall, the plot was great and I like how the bigger picture is progressing. I just didn't like some of the POVs. ( )
  jdifelice | Jul 5, 2018 |
Took me forever to get through the last act because it really dragged on. Definitely the weakest in the series thus far. ( )
  Spiricore | May 18, 2018 |
This series continues to evolve and get better with each entry. Great action scenes throughout the book and several new characters introduced. I do hope the next book in the series brings back Bobbie and Avasarala but this was was certainly one of the best of 2016 so far.

5 Stars for a truly entertaining read. ( )
  ConalO | Apr 23, 2018 |

James S. A. Coreyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Benshoff, KirkCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Dociu, DanielCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Walter Jon Williams, who showed us how to do it, and for Carrie Vaughn, who made sure we didn't screw it up too badly
Manéo Jung-Espinoza—Néo to his friends back on Ceres Station—huddled in the cockpit of the little ship he'd christened the Y Que.
Optimism expressed as conservation of delta V.

An alien artifact working through its program under the clouds of Venus has emerged to build a massive structure outside the orbit of Uranus: a gate that leads into a starless dark. Jim Holden and the crew of the Rocinante are part of a vast flotilla of scientific and military ships going out to examine the artefact. But behind the scenes, a complex plot is unfolding, with the destruction of Holden at its core.… (more)

Orbit Books

An edition of this book was published by Orbit Books.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,839,480 books! | Top bar: Always visible