A Different Witch (A Modern Witch Series:…

A Different Witch (A Modern Witch Series: Book 5) (edition 2012)

by Debora Geary

Member:abcarroll
Title:A Different Witch (A Modern Witch Series: Book 5)
Authors:Debora Geary
Info:Fireweed Publishing (2012), Kindle Edition
Rating:*****
Tags:2012, ebook, Author Given

A Different Witch by Debora Geary

Recently added byprivate library, Laurajtl, rockycoloradan
2012 (2) 2013 (2) 2014 (3) alternate worlds (3) aspergers (1) Beth (1) chick lit (1) contemporary (1) ebook (8) F (1) fantasy (10) female (1) fiction (8) fluff (1) Geary (2) I (1) Kindle (7) Kindle Edition (3) magic (2) novel (1) own (3) paranormal (2) read (1) series (5) sff (1) to-read (2) training (1) urban fantasy (4) wicca (3) witches (5)

4.5 Stars. Ms Geary tackles a sensitive subject in her latest novel. See my full review at the Pure Textuality website. ( )
  Fidget78 | Jan 5, 2014 |
Very sweet book, like all the Modern Witch books.

Finally, a bit of diversity. Still not seeing witches of color, but we have crossed into the land of LGBT witches.

Ms. Geary also touched on Aspberger's, giving to me what seemed to be a thoughtful approach.

These books as a whole are very nice. They are well written and well edited. They flow well. Yeah, they are chock full o' action, but they tell a story and tell it well.

The constant cookie talk does make it hard for this cookie addict to sit still and not get up and get a cookie, or 12.

(Just a note: I haven't necessarily been reading these in order, but this is the first where Nell's husband is more than an allusion. I was glad to "see" him be loving and supportive, instead of just referred to as being loving and supportive.) ( )
  paideiamom | Sep 22, 2013 |
see review for Witchlight book 3 ( )
  JLLawson | Aug 5, 2013 |
I had been a bit disappointed in the last book, so I had hesitated in picking this one up. While I didn't enjoy it as much as I had the earlier books in the series, I still liked it. It was good to see Witch Central again.

What I truly appreciated about this book was that it showed the Witch Central gang are not infallible, which is a bit of a welcome relief. It was nice to see Beth confronting them about their arrogance (and yes, it was arrogance) and conceptions about witchcraft and witches.

I also liked that Geary touched on something which had been bugging me for a bit - just how does an introvert survive in Witch Central? ( )
  wisemetis | Aug 3, 2013 |
Another touching and charming installation from Witch Central. I love that the authors weaves in new characters, never leaving out anyone we've previously met, even if it's just a mention. It really does help build the sense of community so prevalent and fundamental throughout these books. Learning about Beth and the insight into Asperger's this go round was fascinating to me. March can not come soon enough to see what will come next. Lastly I just have to say damn you Debora Geary. Every book I've read from you has made me spill heartwarming tears. I hope that never stops! ( )
  Cathyvil | Apr 7, 2013 |

Debora Geary is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,344,308 books! | Top bar: Always visible