A Different Witch (A Modern Witch Series:…

A Different Witch (A Modern Witch Series: Book 5) (edition 2012)

by Debora Geary

Title:A Different Witch (A Modern Witch Series: Book 5)
Authors:Debora Geary
Info:Fireweed Publishing (2012), Kindle Edition
Tags:2012, ebook, Author Given

A Different Witch by Debora Geary

I absolutely love the Witch Central books by Debora Geary. They're like visiting old friends. While each new book may focus on a new character, your old friends are always hanging around, too.

At the moment this is slated to be the last in the series. I hope the author may find her way back to these books and characters at some point, and I definitely will be re-visiting previous books.

The whole Sullivan clan et al need to help Mia as she comes into her powers. There are heart-stopping moments, laughter galore and plenty of love to go around. The epilogue with Moira is fabulous! ( )
  mitchma | Sep 22, 2014 |
4.5 Stars. Ms Geary tackles a sensitive subject in her latest novel. See my full review at the Pure Textuality website. ( )
  Fidget78 | Jan 5, 2014 |
Very sweet book, like all the Modern Witch books.

Finally, a bit of diversity. Still not seeing witches of color, but we have crossed into the land of LGBT witches.

Ms. Geary also touched on Aspberger's, giving to me what seemed to be a thoughtful approach.

These books as a whole are very nice. They are well written and well edited. They flow well. Yeah, they are chock full o' action, but they tell a story and tell it well.

The constant cookie talk does make it hard for this cookie addict to sit still and not get up and get a cookie, or 12.

(Just a note: I haven't necessarily been reading these in order, but this is the first where Nell's husband is more than an allusion. I was glad to "see" him be loving and supportive, instead of just referred to as being loving and supportive.) ( )
  paideiamom | Sep 22, 2013 |
see review for Witchlight book 3 ( )
  JLLawson | Aug 5, 2013 |
Another touching and charming installation from Witch Central. I love that the authors weaves in new characters, never leaving out anyone we've previously met, even if it's just a mention. It really does help build the sense of community so prevalent and fundamental throughout these books. Learning about Beth and the insight into Asperger's this go round was fascinating to me. March can not come soon enough to see what will come next. Lastly I just have to say damn you Debora Geary. Every book I've read from you has made me spill heartwarming tears. I hope that never stops! ( )
  Cathyvil | Apr 7, 2013 |

Debora Geary is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,859,808 books! | Top bar: Always visible