Interview with the Vampire: Claudia's Story…

Interview with the Vampire: Claudia's Story

by Anne Rice, Ashley Marie Witter

"She was the vampire who never should have been, her very existence an abomination among the creatures of the night. A predator's lust imprisoned in the body of a child, she moves through the shadows of a world forever beyond her reach. Orphan, daughter, victim, and monster-- This is Claudia's story" -- from publisher's web site.… (more)

Interview with the Vampire told from Claudia's POV, and only during her "lifetime" in the book. Illustrated in a beautiful manga style. ( )
  tapestry100 | Jan 2, 2020 |
I loved this book. The artwork is amazing and it was nice to read Claudia's side of her time with Lestat and Louis. ( )
  LVStrongPuff | Nov 29, 2018 |
So this is Interview with the Vampire: Manga Edition. Which is fine, it's just... exactly the same as the book and movie except drawn. Which is fine! But it doesn't tell you anything new about Claudia. It's just... you know... Claudia's bit in the book. Drawn. Really well! But I actually was wanting some ah... fanfiction? I guess. ( )
  Joanna.Oyzon | Apr 17, 2018 |
Pgs: 224
Dewey: 741.5973 WIT
Disposition: Irving Public Library - South Campus - Irving, TX

REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Summary:
Graphic adaptation of a backstory tale of Anne Rice’s Interview with the Vampire. Claudia the “daughter” of Louis and Lestat, “born” in old New Orleans out of a time of plague and pestilence. A daughter of death with a cherub’s demeanor visiting death upon the unwary. The decades old woman trapped in the perpetual body of a little girl.
Genre:
Vampire
Horror
Comics
Graphic Novels

Why this book:
Was a huge fan of the Vampire Chronicles when they were new.

Favorite Character:
Lestat is fiendish in all his delight. Louis is a long suffering martyr. Claudia is a monstrous hunger made flesh.

The Feel:
Anyone who read and loved Interview With The Vampire should read this. It is beautifully interpreted and illustrated.

I had forgotten what a gut punch Claudia’s story. Awesome, but tragic and dark. This caught the flavor and feel of Claudia’s presence in interview.

The reason I never finished The Vampire Chronicles is because of the huge melancholy that invades me as I read of these immortal monsters feeding on humanity trapped inside their dark psyches. Don’t get me wrong, the stories are awesome, but there’s no light, no hope. This was definitely not a light Christmas read.

Knowing the beginning and the ending, the coming of The Theatre and it’s players onto the scene ratchets the foreboding.

Favorite Scene / Quote:
Morgan and Emily’s European vacation did not quite go as planned. I wonder how extant the staking of the dead ritual was in those times in that part of the world. And the digging up of corpses already laid to rest months before. These two aspects are told so often I wonder how much truth there is to the ritual and how extensive a geographic area theses actions were taken in. Claudia and Louis’s intrinsic vampire arrogance blinds them to the idea that the fate of Morgan and Emily could come for them in a karmic balancing.

Hmm Moments:
Claudia’s question to Louis abotu how could he know if he had accidentally shared the “gift” with one of his victims is every metaphor for unintended pregnancy, sexually transmitted disease, and other consequence of actions that extend beyond your direct control. Stuff happens.

Beautifully illustrated.

If Louis and Lestat hadn’t spent a century treating Claudia as the child she only appeared to be, I wonder if it would have turned out differently. Did Anne Rice’s vampires intentionally remain trapped in adolscence? The Lestat generation seems to anyway.

Last Page Sound:
A tragedy from post to post. There’s no hope here...only monsters.

Author Assessment:
Rice’s stories always get inside my head and take me off down the primrose path.

Knee Jerk Reaction:
glad I read it
_________________________________________________ ( )
  texascheeseman | Jan 2, 2018 |
This was beautiful ( )
  JillKenna | Dec 6, 2017 |

Anne Riceprimary authorall editionscalculated
Witter, Ashley Mariemain authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,622,880 books! | Top bar: Always visible