Lily's Ghost by Cheryl Drake Harris

Lily's Ghost

by Cheryl Drake Harris

Despite this being my favorite author, I can honestly say that Lily's Ghost is in the best five books I have read this year, and in my all-time top thirty. What gets me is her delicious descriptions, emotional honesty, and gut-wrenching transitions.
Beautiful writing. ( )
  mjharris | Apr 24, 2007 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 038533933X, Paperback)

As a doctor in Vietnam, Lily survived unimaginable terror and loss. Now, safely ensconced in a close-knit Maine town and a seemingly comfortable marriage, she no longer needs to be afraid, but she is: afraid of light, afraid of sudden sounds, afraid of seeing the wide-eyed child of war who haunts her. So Lily is unprepared for the act of betrayal that threatens to take away the one thing she cannot live without: her young son. Plunged into a bitter custody battle, befriended by a man with a heartbreaking secret of his own, Lily must fight–to escape her own memories, to survive an uncertain future, and to protect, above all else, the love between a mother and child.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:33 -0400)

"As a doctor in Vietnam, Lily survived unimaginable terror and loss. Now, safely ensconced in a close-knit Maine town and a seemingly comfortable marriage, she no longer needs to be afraid, but she is: afraid of light, afraid of sudden sounds, afraid of seeing the wide-eyed child of war who haunts her. So Lily is unprepared for the act of betrayal that threatens to take away the one thing she cannot live without: her young son. Plunged into a bitter custody battle, befriended by a man with a heartbreaking secret of his own, Lily must fight - to escape her own memories, to survive an uncertain future, and to protect, above all else, the love between a mother and child."--BOOK JACKET.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,816,298 books! | Top bar: Always visible