The Magick of Christmas by Susan Mac Nicol

The Magick of Christmas (edition 2012)

by Susan Mac Nicol

322,001,085 (4.5)None
Member:ReadYourWrites
Title:The Magick of Christmas
Authors:Susan Mac Nicol
Info:Boroughs Publishing Group (2012), Kindle Edition
Rating:****1/2

The Magick of Christmas by Susan Mac Nicol

*Book source ~ Many thanks to the author for providing a review copy in exchange for an honest review.

Stacey Beaumont is a witch living in London and working for a law firm. She’s just been promoted from the pool of secretaries to the position of Legal Secretary to the son of one of the senior partners and she’s happy. However, she has a daily obsession with a hot guy that visits her local coffee shop. Every day she stands behind him in line and admires his sexy self, but never makes the first move because she’s self conscious about her limp. It turns out to be her lucky day when the same sexy man, Nicholas Connolly, shows up as a big client of her new boss. Now, if she can put just a little bit of witchy zap on him maybe he’ll ask her out. But is that the right way to go about it and will she like the consequences?

Well-written with great characters this short is a cute and yet also hot read that will leave you with a big smile. ( )
  AVoraciousReader | Jan 11, 2014 |
The description of the book leaves a lot to be desired. I mean it really doesn’t tell you anything at all. I see the word “witch” and I bare the cross. Stories featuring witches aren’t usually stories I read. But it mentions love and Christmas and it’s only about 30 pages long, so what the heck.

Oh my gosh!!!! I loved this book. Yes, it’s short. And yes, I wish I had more of it to read, but what I got was good.

Susan Mac Nicol is a relatively new author and is definitely new to me. With that, I didn’t know what to expect. I’m starting to like NOT knowing what to expect. I wasn’t prepared for how HOT this book was. And when I say HOT, I really mean HOT.

Stacey Beaumont is a twenty-five year old woman living in London, she’s also a witch. Everyday she stops by a coffee shop on her way to work. Nicholas Connolly is the blue-eyed object of her desire, who is usually at the coffee shop everyday himself. Stacey finds Nicholas to be VERY attractive, but is afraid to approach him, because he couldn’t possibly be interested in her. The Magick of Christmas is a tale of what happens when a witch decides to play with fate. But sometimes, fate doesn’t need any help at all.

I’m looking forward to reading more from Ms. Mac Nicol. The Magick of Christmas is a lunchtime read. So grab a sandwich and enjoy.

Source: Author
Reviewed for Read Your Writes Book Reviews blog ( )
  ReadYourWrites | Dec 24, 2012 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,735,453 books! | Top bar: Always visible