Sara's Promise by Deanna Lynn Sletten

Sara's Promise (edition 2012)

by Deanna Lynn Sletten

Member:JerseyGirlBookReview
Title:Sara's Promise
Authors:Deanna Lynn Sletten
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2012), Paperback, 258 pages
Collections:Read, Your library
Rating:*****

Sara's Promise by Deanna Lynn Sletten

2013 (1) contemporary (1) fiction (1) K (1) romance (1) S (1) to-read (1)

Book: Sara's Promise
Author: Deanna Lynn Sletten
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Length: Approximate 259 Pages

Do you believe in soul mates? I do. In SARA'S PROMISE by DEANNA LYNN SLETTEN, we meet a family that is hit with a very large loss when Sara, wife and mother, dies unexpectedly. She has given up her dreams for this family she loves so dearly, but everything she did was taken for granted until she died.

Five years later, William is still grieving this loss of his wife and feeling guilty for finally understanding all the beloved Sara gave up for him and their children when Sara once again gives him the gift of love.

I have debated long and hard on how to write this review. I loved the storyline. I thought it was unique and beautiful. The only problem I had with this book was I just could not get emotionally involved in it. There were scenes that normally would have ripped my heart out. There were also touching scenes that I felt I should have had some sort of reaction to, but I just didn't. This is just one of those books for me that I could easily put down and walk away from rather than continually think about it until I picked it up again.

I felt as though I was being told a story rather than being submerged in the author's words and because of this, I just had a difficult time connecting to it. It didn't make me feel the emotions I should have felt while reading it. That being said, I did very much enjoy the story and would recommend it to anyone that likes romance. If you are lucky enough to be able to engage in this story, you will be in for a ride and will probably rate this book 5 stars after reading it. Either way, it's a good book. ( )
  SandyWolters | Aug 28, 2013 |
Do you believe in soul mates? Do you believe in everlasting love, even after your loved one has passed away?

Two women pass away ... as they are suspended between life and death, they engage in a conversation which leads one of the women to urge the other to take her place among the living so she can love and take care of her family as if they were her own.

When Sara Grafton suddenly dies, her husband William and teenage children Sandy and Sam struggle to go on with their lives. Sara vowed to always look after her family, even through divine intervention from beyond the grave.

Five years later, the Grafton family is still struggling with grief over the loss of their wife and mother.

Annie Paxton doesn't believe in soul mates and isn't looking for love. But when she meets the man who has been haunting her dreams, William Grafton, she feels an attraction for him.

William isn't looking for a replacement for the soul mate that he has lost, but when he meets Annie, there is a familiarity about her that attracts him to her.

Can Annie and William's relationship blossom into love, or will William's love for his lost soul mate hold him back from having a second chance at love?

Will Sara's Promise to always take care of her family bring happiness and love back into their lives ... even through divine intervention?

Sara's Promise is a poignantly touching story about soul mates and everlasting love. It is also the uplifting story of love, loss, hope and forgiveness. Author Deanna Lynn Sletten weaves a captivating tale of love and forgiveness that will simply pull at your heartstrings. Told in the third person narrative, the reader is swept along with Sara, William, Sandy, Sam and Annie on a journey of healing and love given through the cycle of life. Through a beautiful crafting of words, Deanna captures the essence between life and death; the struggles of loving, losing and second chances; and the belief that everlasting love does exist even after death.

The author draws the reader into the lives of Annie Paxton and the Grafton family as they battle individual personal conflicts while trying to maintain their family structure. The emotional battles and life changes that occur in their lives are realistic, the reader can easily relate to them. You can't help but feel for Annie and the Grafton family as their journey of healing is fulfilled through Sara's heavenly promise. Throughout this story, the author effortlessly provides the reader with the uplifting message that love, hope and forgiveness transcends death. Sara's Promise will make you a believer that soul mates and everlasting love really do exist!

With a realistic cast of characters who come alive and jump off the pages; a richly detailed and descriptive setting along the Oregon seaside; and a simply inspirational storyline that will have the reader experiencing the full gamut of emotions, Sara's Promise is a tenderhearted story of love that will touch your heart and soul, and will resonate with you long after the last page has been read.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of the book from the author in exchange for my honest review and for hosting a virtual book event on my book review blog site.

http://jerseygirlbookreviews.blogspot.com/2013/01/saras-promise-by-deanna-lynn-s... ( )
1 vote JerseyGirlBookReview | Jan 26, 2013 |

Deanna Lynn Sletten is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,276,126 books! | Top bar: Always visible