Designed for Devotion: A 365-Day Journey…

Designed for Devotion: A 365-Day Journey from Genesis to Revelation (edition 2012)

by Dianne Neal Matthews

Member:MaryAnn12
Title:Designed for Devotion: A 365-Day Journey from Genesis to Revelation
Authors:Dianne Neal Matthews
Info:Baker Books (2012), Paperback, 384 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:favorite

Biblical study is a lifelong apprenticeship for the dedicated Christian. Although no book can replace studying the Bible itself, Designed for Devotion: A 365-Day Journey from Genesis to Revelation offers a companion-of-sorts to the reader who desires to increase his or her knowledge of the Bible and dedication to God. In Designed for Devotion, Bible teacher Dianne Neal Matthews comprehensively explains the main stories, people and teachings of the Bible. Additionally, she provides relevant historical background, Old and New Testament Scripture correlations and practical applications for the reader to implement.

I used Designed for Devotion: A 365-Day Journey from Genesis to Revelation by Dianne Neal Matthews as a supplement to my regular Bible reading. I think new believers will find the book especially helpful as it hits all the major Biblical events, people and lessons. I liked that Bible references were given along with each devotion. There were a few stories that I was not familiar with and it was good to be able to go to the Scripture and see exactly what it said. Believers with more knowledge of the Bible can also benefit from reading Designed for Devotion. Like most devotional books, to receive the greatest benefit and impact, the lessons must be read slowly and seriously. Each entry is less than a page long, so there were times it was almost too easy to breeze though. However, serious, thoughtful reflection on these lessons and the corresponding Scriptures will certainly lead any believer to new discoveries and lessons.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising." ( )
  Sneezybee23 | Aug 25, 2013 |
I just fell in love with this book, I buy a new 365 day devotional book every year and read it in the morning to start my day out right. The daily readings are short so you can dwell on the thoughts all day. This book is well written and contains 365 Day Journey from Genesis to Revelation. I am hoping that Dianne Neal Matthews writes another one next year as well. I highly recommend this devotional. ( )
  MaryAnn12 | Jan 23, 2013 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,044,976 books! | Top bar: Always visible