Hopeless by Colleen Hoover

Tags:kindle, read, young adult, 2013

Hopeless by Colleen Hoover

Simply beautiful. ( )
  Nessa24Flutist | Apr 6, 2015 |
This has been on my to-read list ever since reading Slammed and Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover this past Christmas. I've just been approved to read Losing Hope from NetGalley and, so, dived into this book headfirst before reading Losing Hope.

WOW!! What a complex story with an interesting moral dilemna; twists you just do not see coming! Another moral-questioning story... a "what would you do?" kind of story. If you have any remote interest in reading this book, DO NOT read any spoilers.

The first 200-ish pages went along just fine with a page-turning love story between a 17 and 18 year olds. The two are trying to figure out each other and what sort of relationship they can/will have with each other. THEN.... Ms Hoover adds unpredictable, mildly unforeshadowed information relating to each of the two, throwing this story into a much deeper, personal, plot line. Not only is this a must-read, but a keeper for rereading!

If you have the chance to read this, if you've read anything else by Colleen Hoover, if you like YA books at all, then hurry to your nearest copy of Hopeless!!! ASAP ( )
  olongbourn | Mar 1, 2015 |
I'll hopefully have the review up in a few days. I need a little while to process this first ( )
  beearedee | Feb 14, 2015 |
Depp read but absolutely phenomenal! ( )
  Dms8502 | Aug 17, 2014 |
This book was good although, I can't say it was the best book I've read. I personally didn't fall for Dean Holder easily. I only liked him do to his childhood past. I'm hoping that losing hope will change my mind. I thought sky was a little to forgiving. I foreseen sky's past before it was revealed which kind of ruined the book for me. I didn't cry for hope as much as I did for les. I would have liked to seen more of Les side. I didn't like that Les part of the story was never explained, I mean how did she ever get hurt? Where was her parents or Dean? I don't see how that part fit in the book. ( )
  hetcm6 | Aug 4, 2014 |

Sky, a senior in high school, meets Dean Holder, a guy with a promiscuous reputation that rivals her own. From their very first encounter, he terrifies and captivates her. Something about him sparks memories of her deeply troubled past, a time she's tried so hard to bury. Though Sky is determined to stay far away from him, his unwavering pursuit and enigmatic smile break down her defenses and the intensity of the bond between them grows. But the mysterious Holder has been keeping secrets of his own, and once they are revealed, Sky is changed forever and her ability to trust may be a casualty of the truth.--From back cover.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,701,079 books! | Top bar: Always visible