Hopeless by Colleen Hoover

Authors:Colleen Hoover
Info:Colleen Hoover (2012), Kindle Edition, 488 pages
Tags:kindle, read, young adult, 2013

Hopeless by Colleen Hoover

English (89)  Czech (1)  All (90)
I "lived" this! Really! I am not sure if I really liked this or really loved it, so "lived" is the perfect in between (makes sense once you read this).

I knew right away that Holder knew Sky from her past. But, as soon as I thought I had everything figured out...so much more came along with it. I did not see some of the twists coming at all and some others were easy to figure out. But the major twists left me in shock and in tears.

I loved Holder. Like most young romances, Holder is a teen who actually feels and acts like he is much older. His love for Sky is just crazy, but I still enjoyed it. I was speechless when the his life started to be involved with some of the twists and turns this took. I literally put my hand over my mouth and cried during one plot twist!

Overall, I give this book 5 stars. I only am debating on a solid five due to some of the things in the beginning of the book that I just did not appreciate (glorifying the use of slut/whore etc).
But, once this book took off there was no turning back. It was intense in a good way and it sucked me right in. I couldn't put it down. Now to decide if I take a chance on book 2 in this series? ( )
  SimplyKelina | Dec 30, 2016 |
4.5 sooo emotional right now!! ( )
  miss_booklion | Nov 6, 2016 |
I've uttered about a million and a half oh my gosh's while reading the book. I had to constantly remind myself to keep my reactions at a medium decibel at least. Reading such an intense story I did the typical laughing, yelling, gasping, crying, and trust me it was not in vain. Hopeless was a beautifully written story that as "they" say tugs at your heartstrings and never lets go for a second. This was the most heartwarming, gut wrenching, mind blowing, and sleep depriving thing I've every read(went to sleep at 7am). Damn, Colleen Hoover can weave a story. As I read the story I was so mesmerized by how things kept coming together. Hopeless is one of those books for me that is so good and made me such an emotional wreck that i'm not sure where or how to start reviewing it. I don't think I can do it justice and afraid to give away too much. But I will try. Whatever comes out of my fingers through the keyboard is what I will have to settle for I guess.

Sky is a dream protagonist, no constant whining, straightforward, crazy sense of humor, wasn't caught up on her looks, or was she a push over, being in her head wasn't a pain. She's a good friend and daughter. She gets a kick out of gossip and rumors about her, weird and cool at the same time.

Holder is the guy you want to have by your side when things are rapidly going to shit. Holder is the soul tortured thinker who would lay down is life for the ones he love.

From the first chapter of Hopeless you can tell things are going to get pretty intense and has the chapters go by things start to come together, every out of the ordinary reaction or dislike Sky had had an explanation. The same goes for Holder's supposed split personality. I tried to figure out what was the ultimate plot of the story, but I was very surprised when I found out, no way I could have figured that out. I still can't get over the reactions this book elicited from me, towards the end I was so choked up at the lines Hoover wrote for her characters. There were very sweet lines from the beginning but as the story progressed things got heavier and so did the scenes and dialogue. WOW.

I read Slammed, loved it and Hoover's writing, and had no doubt about reading Hopeless. Yeah there's a lot hype about this book so believe in it. I love Hoover's twists with the title's of her books. This one really surprised me. I really live, live, Hopeless. Trust me, that's not a typo. Read it.

GigisIrieReads | Oct 22, 2016 |
I just finished reading one of the best books I will ever read in my life. That's a loaded promise from someone who's barely lived a quarter of their potential life. That's a lot of books I will potentially read, but it stands true for "Hopeless." The third of Hoover's novels transcends what she already established after Point of Retreat. I didn't think it was possible to find a better New Adult contemporary after Slammed, and Hoover proved otherwise with her own work. So thank you Colleen Hoover, for creating Holder, Sky and Hope and reminding me that even the darkest nights are still lit by the stars. ( )
  JSilverwood | Aug 27, 2016 |
10 STARS

It took me a while to sit down and write this review because I really had to calm my soul and mind. I have not been this mind boggled in a long long time but, I absolutely do not mind where this book took me. As I finished the book I was still crying..not just a little bit but, a whole lot. I felt Hopeless This is really what I looked like the last half of the book:

Every time that I thought I could control myself something else happened and through me for a new loop.

Sky -- an amazing character who has been through more than most people in this world have to face in only 17 years.
Holden -- He was absolutely amazing and although he was entirely broken the connection he built with Sky as a child was amazing and truly shows that love is a beautiful thing.

The author took me to new heights and I will read every other book that Colleen Hoover writes. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING..
  Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |

Sky, a senior in high school, meets Dean Holder, a guy with a promiscuous reputation that rivals her own. From their very first encounter, he terrifies and captivates her. Something about him sparks memories of her deeply troubled past, a time she's tried so hard to bury. Though Sky is determined to stay far away from him, his unwavering pursuit and enigmatic smile break down her defenses and the intensity of the bond between them grows. But the mysterious Holder has been keeping secrets of his own, and once they are revealed, Sky is changed forever and her ability to trust may be a casualty of the truth.--From back cover.… (more)

225 wanted6 pay4 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 112,498,136 books! | Top bar: Always visible