Hopeless by Colleen Hoover

Authors:Colleen Hoover
Info:Colleen Hoover (2012), Kindle Edition, 488 pages
Tags:kindle, read, young adult, 2013

Hopeless by Colleen Hoover

English (85)  Czech (1)  All languages (86)
Not my favorite Colleen Hoover novel but I loved all of the twists! And there were a lot of them! ( )
  pennma05 | Jul 21, 2016 |
I loved this book so much I'm still thinking about it hours after finishing it and I think I might have even dreamed about it last night. What a great story, can't recommend it enough! ( )
  crisana | Jun 2, 2016 |
THIS BOOK WAS AMAZING ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAV. From Colleen Hoover
  Deleine | May 10, 2016 |
I've uttered about a million and a half oh my gosh's while reading the book. I had to constantly remind myself to keep my reactions at a medium decibel at least. Reading such an intense story I did the typical laughing, yelling, gasping, crying, and trust me it was not in vain. Hopeless was a beautifully written story that as "they" say tugs at your heartstrings and never lets go for a second. This was the most heartwarming, gut wrenching, mind blowing, and sleep depriving thing I've every read(went to sleep at 7am). Damn, Colleen Hoover can weave a story. As I read the story I was so mesmerized by how things kept coming together. Hopeless is one of those books for me that is so good and made me such an emotional wreck that i'm not sure where or how to start reviewing it. I don't think I can do it justice and afraid to give away too much. But I will try. Whatever comes out of my fingers through the keyboard is what I will have to settle for I guess.

Sky is a dream protagonist, no constant whining, straightforward, crazy sense of humor, wasn't caught up on her looks, or was she a push over, being in her head wasn't a pain. She's a good friend and daughter. She gets a kick out of gossip and rumors about her, weird and cool at the same time.

Holder is the guy you want to have by your side when things are rapidly going to shit. Holder is the soul tortured thinker who would lay down is life for the ones he love.

From the first chapter of Hopeless you can tell things are going to get pretty intense and has the chapters go by things start to come together, every out of the ordinary reaction or dislike Sky had had an explanation. The same goes for Holder's supposed split personality. I tried to figure out what was the ultimate plot of the story, but I was very surprised when I found out, no way I could have figured that out. I still can't get over the reactions this book elicited from me, towards the end I was so choked up at the lines Hoover wrote for her characters. There were very sweet lines from the beginning but as the story progressed things got heavier and so did the scenes and dialogue. WOW.

I read Slammed, loved it and Hoover's writing, and had no doubt about reading Hopeless. Yeah there's a lot hype about this book so believe in it. I love Hoover's twists with the title's of her books. This one really surprised me. I really live, live, Hopeless. Trust me, that's not a typo. Read it.

GigisIrieReads | Apr 20, 2016 |
This took a while to get going and I probably wouldn't have pushed on if someone hadn't told me to try it. The first 80-90 pages I was thinking it was just typical high school teenager angst and romance and to be honest if it had of continued for much longer I would of put it away as not worth the time. But then it started to get interesting. And then it got good. And then it was 1.30am and the battery on my iPad died!! Finally finished it on my phone out of need to know what happened.
That's not to say that there weren't some corny moments after things started to get interesting. ("I live you" urk!) but that became less annoying as time went on.
My other criticism is simply that the male character just did not read like an 18 year old boy. I know he's been through a few things but honestly couldn't the author have set this at university in stead of high school? To me the character just felt like some one in their early twenties not teens. Unless teenage boys are more mature in the states then in Australia? Some how I just doubt it. Other wise a good read. Recommend to 16 and up. Nicolas sparks fans will love it. ( )
  SashaM | Apr 20, 2016 |

Sky, a senior in high school, meets Dean Holder, a guy with a promiscuous reputation that rivals her own. From their very first encounter, he terrifies and captivates her. Something about him sparks memories of her deeply troubled past, a time she's tried so hard to bury. Though Sky is determined to stay far away from him, his unwavering pursuit and enigmatic smile break down her defenses and the intensity of the bond between them grows. But the mysterious Holder has been keeping secrets of his own, and once they are revealed, Sky is changed forever and her ability to trust may be a casualty of the truth.--From back cover.… (more)

225 wanted5 pay4 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,617,452 books! | Top bar: Always visible