Hopeless by Colleen Hoover

Authors:Colleen Hoover
Info:
Tags:kindle, read, young adult, 2013

Hopeless by Colleen Hoover

Depp read but absolutely phenomenal! ( )
  Dms8502 | Aug 17, 2014 |
This book was good although, I can't say it was the best book I've read. I personally didn't fall for Dean Holder easily. I only liked him do to his childhood past. I'm hoping that losing hope will change my mind. I thought sky was a little to forgiving. I foreseen sky's past before it was revealed which kind of ruined the book for me. I didn't cry for hope as much as I did for les. I would have liked to seen more of Les side. I didn't like that Les part of the story was never explained, I mean how did she ever get hurt? Where was her parents or Dean? I don't see how that part fit in the book. ( )
  hetcm6 | Aug 4, 2014 |
I don't have any cohesive sentences to describe just how good I thought this book was. The charters are amazing. The storyline though gut wrenching and at times heartbreaking, was beyond incredible. Lets just leave it off at saying this book was beyond good and I'm sorry it took me so long to read it. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Jul 17, 2014 |
I don't understand the hype of this book. It's so touchy feely, it makes you feel slightly nauseous. It's predictable and far too drawn out. I've read some crap books this year and this is another one I'd throw onto the steaming heap of turdish books.

Holder is constantly touching Sky's face. Now I don't really understand face groping, Personally I'd be worried about spots. Next he has reddish hair, nice! Multiple personalities ranging from deranged to sickeningly sweet. But that's ok because he's "passionate"!
The other problem (believe me I had lots of problems with this book) was how easily it was for Sky to accept being raped night after night. She still had love for the person that did that to her without therapy because she's oh so strong. She forgave him because she remembered one let me repeat ONE memory of affection from the age of 0 to 3 yrs! What utter bollocks!

Why are so many people giving this a high rating? It doesn't make any sense! The only thing it could possibly be is the idea of Holder who had sex with Sky the very same day she realised she had been molested repeatedly as a child. Go Holder! ( )
  Yogiboo | Jul 17, 2014 |
I absolutely loved this story. The characters were well developed. The story line was believable. The author did a great job of making the reader feel the depth of the emotion and what the characters were going through. I also felt the author did a fantastic job at revealing information at just the right time impacting the reader in a tangible way. I truly felt what the characters were feeling and going through. ( )
1 vote RomansGirl | Jun 18, 2014 |

Sky, a senior in high school, meets Dean Holder, a guy with a promiscuous reputation that rivals her own. From their very first encounter, he terrifies and captivates her. Something about him sparks memories of her deeply troubled past, a time she's tried so hard to bury. Though Sky is determined to stay far away from him, his unwavering pursuit and enigmatic smile break down her defenses and the intensity of the bond between them grows. But the mysterious Holder has been keeping secrets of his own, and once they are revealed, Sky is changed forever and her ability to trust may be a casualty of the truth.--From back cover.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,351,199 books! | Top bar: Always visible