Hopeless by Colleen Hoover

Authors:Colleen Hoover
Info:Colleen Hoover (2012), Kindle Edition, 488 pages
Tags:kindle, read, young adult, 2013

Hopeless by Colleen Hoover

English (92)  Czech (1)  All (93)
10 stars if it were possible.

What an amazing book!

OMG! Once more Colleen Hoover brings us a great story. I have no words to express my feelings right now.
  Angelzinhamia | May 12, 2017 |
I won this signed first edition paperback and was delighted. I have read Colleen Hoover’s work before and feel she will not let me down in Hopeless about a seventeen year old girl and her first love.

The first guy she felt something for and…

He’s a dropout, he’s moody, he’s got a temper and…he’s just…Hopeless.

When they lay on the airport runway and gaze at the stars it brought back memories of Mr Wonderful and I laying on the tennis court at Cape Cod and stargazing ourselves.

I loved it, but the way it was written made it seem like the characters were older.

Colleen Hoover’s writing makes the story unfold with fun bantering dialogue in an easy reading story as they discover each other and we watch the complex characters grow and develop. ( )
  sherry69 | Apr 24, 2017 |
Wonderful book. I love her writing style; it's amazing. Heartbreaking, but amazing ( )
  laura.w.douglas | Mar 9, 2017 |
I "lived" this! Really! I am not sure if I really liked this or really loved it, so "lived" is the perfect in between (makes sense once you read this).

I knew right away that Holder knew Sky from her past. But, as soon as I thought I had everything figured out...so much more came along with it. I did not see some of the twists coming at all and some others were easy to figure out. But the major twists left me in shock and in tears.

I loved Holder. Like most young romances, Holder is a teen who actually feels and acts like he is much older. His love for Sky is just crazy, but I still enjoyed it. I was speechless when the his life started to be involved with some of the twists and turns this took. I literally put my hand over my mouth and cried during one plot twist!

Overall, I give this book 5 stars. I only am debating on a solid five due to some of the things in the beginning of the book that I just did not appreciate (glorifying the use of slut/whore etc).
But, once this book took off there was no turning back. It was intense in a good way and it sucked me right in. I couldn't put it down. Now to decide if I take a chance on book 2 in this series? ( )
  SimplyKelina | Dec 30, 2016 |
4.5 sooo emotional right now!! ( )
  miss_booklion | Nov 6, 2016 |

Sky, a senior in high school, meets Dean Holder, a guy with a promiscuous reputation that rivals her own. From their very first encounter, he terrifies and captivates her. Something about him sparks memories of her deeply troubled past, a time she's tried so hard to bury. Though Sky is determined to stay far away from him, his unwavering pursuit and enigmatic smile break down her defenses and the intensity of the bond between them grows. But the mysterious Holder has been keeping secrets of his own, and once they are revealed, Sky is changed forever and her ability to trust may be a casualty of the truth.--From back cover.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,413,946 books! | Top bar: Always visible