The English Girl by Daniel Silva

The English Girl (2013)

by Daniel Silva

English (34)  Catalan (1)  All languages (35)
I read almost all of this book on a plane ride to California and like all of the previous entries, I loved every word. The Gabriel Allon series is my favorite going, and each novel feels like it is better than the last. I enjoy the recurring characters, and I also enjoy how the story of the characters moves along from one book to the next at a realistic pace. This particular story involves tracking down a kidnapped girl, and the international intrigue and twists and turns make the book classic Daniel Silva. Waiting for the price to drop on the next in the series and I will be caught up. ( )
  msaucier818 | Apr 9, 2018 |
The pace of the book could have been faster. It was slowed down by Silva's inclusion of historical detail and inane dialogue between Gabriel and Christopher, the English assassin who had tried to kill Gabriel previously. I guess Daniel Silva was trying to create a rounded character but Gabriel comes across as too soft-hearted. ( )
  siok | Jan 12, 2018 |
Definitely not my genre. The one-liners were repetitive, the over-explanation of espionage was very noticeable and forced, and the black and white nature of the plot was slightly predictable. ( )
  Bodagirl | Oct 6, 2017 |

"By way of I deception, my son, thou shalt do war."

Another brilliant, fast paced, thought provoking read in the Gabriel Allon series.. ( )
  kimkimkim | Aug 21, 2017 |
I am a big fan of this series and this, the 13th and newest, was just as satisfying as the first. I always feel that Daniel Silva must know someone in a very high place to come up with the story lines. This book does make lots of references back to earlier stories. It would be interesting as a stand-alone, but I think it would be better to start with an earlier book if you are new to the series. There were several interesting twists and the ending sets the story up so well for the follow-up. Highly recommended ( )
  400mom | Nov 23, 2016 |
He who lives an immoral life dies an immoral death.
—CORSICAN PROVERB
Once again, for my wife, Jamie, and my children, Lily and Nicholas
They came for her in late August, on the island of Corsica.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0062073168, Hardcover)

Daniel Silva delivers another spectacular thriller starring Gabriel Allon: The English Girl.

When a beautiful young British woman vanishes on the island of Corsica, a prime minister's career is threatened with destruction. Allon, the wayward son of Israeli intelligence, is thrust into a game of shadows where nothing is what it seems...and where the only thing more dangerous than his enemies might be the truth._

Silva's work has captured the imagination of millions worldwide. His #1 New York Times bestselling series, which chronicles the adventures of art-restorer and master spy Gabriel Allon, has earned the praise of readers and reviewers everywhere. This captivating new page-turner from the undisputed master of spy fiction is sure to thrill new and old fans alike.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:11 -0400)

The wayward son of Israeli intelligence, Gabriel Allon is plunged into a high stakes game of murder, espionage, and corruption after a beautiful young British woman vanishes on the island of Corsica, which threatens to destroy a prime minister's career.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,097,205 books! | Top bar: Always visible