Mackenzie Family Christmas: The Perfect Gift…

Mackenzie Family Christmas: The Perfect Gift (edition 2012)

by Jennifer Ashley (Author)

56None209,424 (4.04)None
Member:bkluvr4evr
Title:Mackenzie Family Christmas: The Perfect Gift
Authors:Jennifer Ashley (Author)
Info:JA / AG Publishing (2012), Kindle Edition, 203 pages
Collections:Your library, Historical Romance, ebooks, Christmas Reads, Read but unowned
Rating:*****

Mackenzie Family Christmas: The Perfect Gift by Jennifer Ashley

Read/Listened for Fun (Kindle/Audible)
Tracking Books Read Review (Short)
Overall Rating: 4.50
Story Rating: 4.00
Character Rating: 5.00

Audio Rating: 5.00 (not part of the overall rating)

First Thought when Finished: A Mackenzie Family Christmas is a must read for those that have read the series so far.

Overall Thoughts: Super short review: Read this book and get all the warm fuzzies. For a very tortured family it was nice to see most of them happy and surrounded by love!

Audio Thoughts:

Narrated By Angela Dawe / Length: 5 hrs and 7 mins

Angela rocked it! :)

Final Thoughts: Love this series! It is a must read for historical romance fans. ( )
  thehistorychic | Jan 19, 2014 |
If you're a fan of clan MacKenzie, as I am, you'll enjoy catching up with them as they gather to celebrate Christmas and Hogmanay (that's Scots New Year's Eve) at Castle Kilmorgan. All the brothers, and their wives and children, are featured, along with others who've appeared only in passing -- Ainsley's four brothers, David Fleming, Isabella's sister Louisa, and Inspector Fellows (half brother to the Mackenzies). And young Daniel Mackenzie is even more adorable than before. It's lots of fun, with plenty of sequel teasers.
  LadyWesley | Sep 25, 2013 |
I can hardly believe it took me so long to read this novella, especially with the whole Mackenzie clan involved here. I should be banging my head against the wall right? Well I have finally repented of this transgression LOL. Last night I bought this for my Nook, and I read it in little time. Jennifer Ashley has always been a weakness of mine, whether its a historical or paranormal, I am always hooked and I know it will be good (it really doesn't matter what its about, I just know it will be a exciting ride) Well I loved this one so much, its definitely in the 5 STARS range. It starts out with the whole Mackenzie clan joining together for Christmas and New Years. We begin with the beginning preparations of the holiday and the whole family joining together. We see plenty of Ian and Beth and Ian's fascination with Ming bowls and when it accidently gets broken, Beth and the rest of the family gang up together to find a way to repair things for Ian. Meanwhile Daniel is getting into his own kind of mischief (of course right? he is a Mackenzie after all). Then we see Hart and Eleanor getting ready for the new birth, which is more trying than blissful for Hart. Plenty of drama to go around the family. Now being a novella, (I usually have issues, considering they are never long enough for me) but I think Ashley did a great job of wrapping things up in the end, and it ended up being one of my favorites. I have just a weakness for Ian and Hart (they are my favorites of all the Mackenzie men) and there is so much involvement with the whole family, and I just enjoyed seeing my favorites coming together. A Perfect read for any time of the year (not just Christmas time--since I read this in MAY), and a wonderful mix of romance and laughter, and a MUST READ!!! ( )
  addictofromance | Jun 2, 2013 |
Sexy and heartwarming. I love all the Mackenzie characters, but Ian and Beth have always been my favorite. It was great catching up with everyone. ( )
  LesFerd | Apr 18, 2013 |
If you are a fan of this series then this is a definite must-read. It almost feels like Jennifer Ashley wrote it as a gift to us and what a delightful gift it is.

All the couples from the previous books have time to shine, but I especially loved seeing so much of Ian and Beth. Ian is probably one of the most unique romance heroes I've ever read and any time I get to spend time with him, I'm a happy reader.

We also got to learn more about some of the characters that I suspect will be featured in the books still to come. I'm particularly interested in reading about Mr. Fellows.

The center plots for this book revolve around Eleanor's pregnancy and Ian's Ming bowl.

Chronologically this book is listed as 4.5, although I wonder if it should actually fall after the next book since Elliot was in this book and showed up with his new wife. Since they were only mentioned in passing it doesn't matter much as a whole, unless you are one of those people that absolutely must read everything in order.

Overall, 4 stars for a wonderful Christmas story and a great opportunity to catch up with some old friends.
  Jyl22075 | Mar 31, 2013 |
December 1884

Ian Mackenzie hated funerals.

Revisit the Mackenzies in this heartwarming Christmas tale. Book 4.5 of the New York Times bestselling Mackenzies / Highland Pleasures Series, this short novel has fifteen chapters, 43,000 words.

The Mackenzies gather for a clan Christmas and Hogmanay in Scotland. In the chaos of preparations for the celebration--the first of Hart and Eleanor's married life--one of Ian's Ming bowls gets broken, and the family scrambles to save the day. Daniel busily runs a betting ring for everything from the hour Eleanor's baby will arrive, to whether Mac's former-pugilist valet can win a boxing match. Ian begins a new obsession, and Beth fears that the loss of one of his precious bowls has made him withdraw once more into his private world.

Events take place after the close of The Duke's Perfect Wife (before the Epilogue)

-Amazon

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,495,759 books! | Top bar: Always visible