High Witch (High Witch Book 1) (Volume 1) by…

High Witch (High Witch Book 1) (Volume 1) (edition 2012)

by Mona Hanna

Member:Kelly.Walker
Title:High Witch (High Witch Book 1) (Volume 1)
Authors:Mona Hanna
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2012), Paperback, 96 pages
Rating:***

High Witch by Mona Hanna

I received this book in exchange for an honest review the name drew me because I love anything paranormal though I must admit I totally hate the cover the blurb is a little short but right to the point.

I don't like how the book started with Brayden in love with Ariel as soon as he sees her even though he's been having dreams about her it just didn't sit right with me the way it was written. I also found it strange that him having no magic would attempt to train a witch. And that having no magical ability whatsoever he was able to discern that Ariel is a High Witch.

The book continues in it's ridiculousness with Brayden and Ariel immediately falling into bed together and 5 minutes later figuring out that his great great great grandfather is after Ariel to put her through this test that will turn her into an evil witch and bind her to him forever. I'm really not buying the concept of this story it's creative but the author is just not selling it right. There are just parts of the story that don't make sense like why they traveled 2 days to get to his mothers when she could have transported them by magic.

This book wasn't horrible but I won't say it was good. I wouldn't really recommend it. ( )
  jayblac21 | May 24, 2014 |
Great novella. Just enough without the fluff. A book to take along for lunch.
  MyChristineHobbs | Dec 30, 2013 |
*I was given a free copy of this for an unbiased review*

This was a fairly cute book, and was easy to read. It just didn't have amazing characters or stick out to me as an amazing book or anything above being just plain good. I like the epilogue and all that, but not sure where this series would be going. Maybe I will have to check out the next one to see what happens, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the next one. ( )
  demonkittie | Dec 10, 2013 |
The storyline was good, but lacked a lot of details. A lot of the storyline is rushed through, character meet and fall in love in few days. It feels like the author had a great idea but didn't know how to work it out. This is a great book if you want a quick, paranormal romance story. Just don't plan on getting too caught up in the characters, ( )
  sportzmomof5 | Oct 30, 2013 |
This is the tale of Ariel a young woman who seems to have magic running through her veins, but disaster's happen whenever it is leaked out. Oddly enough her father has decided to match her in marriage to a gentleman named Julius whom she neither knows or cares to. So she runs away. On her journey she stops at an Inn and meets Brayden who works there. Previously Brayden had been having dreams about Ariel but didn't realize it was her. Push comes to shove and some of her magic comes out at the dining area of the eatery at the Inn. She is accused of being a witch. She goes to her room and Brayden checks on her and the conversation turns to Brayden telling her he might be able to help her because his mother was a witch. He tells her she might be a High Witch which there is only three on earth at one time. These are the most powerful of witches. Well of course being a High Witch can be good and bad, as Ariel and Brayden will find out.

This to me turns into a love story rather quickly. I would like to know more about the High Witches and their powers. Hopefully this will be in book 2. I will be reading it very soon.

I received this book free for an honest review. ( )
  bonnie64 | Sep 25, 2013 |
Brayden gazed into the woman’s vivid blue eyes.

Ariel is a High Witch, one of the most powerful witches in the world. There are only three like her in existence. She finally learns who she is, but immediately has to flee from a malicious warlock, out to claim her for his own. With Brayden, her new love by her side, she attempts to outwit the warlock, and the High Witch who protects him. But what will she do if she has to go through ‘The Test’?
This is a NOVELLA of approximately 25,000 words.

Mona Hanna is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,321,188 books! | Top bar: Always visible