The Summer He Came Home (Bad Boys of Crystal…

The Summer He Came Home (Bad Boys of Crystal Lake) (edition 2013)

by Juliana Stone

Member:Books007
Title:The Summer He Came Home (Bad Boys of Crystal Lake)
Authors:Juliana Stone
Info:Sourcebooks Casablanca (2013), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages

The Summer He Came Home (Bad Boys of Crystal Lake) by Juliana Stone (Author)

Sexy bad boy rocker meets hardworking single mum. What is there not to like?

Cain was not the bad boy everything thinks he is, ok somewhat, but mostly he is kind, loves his friends and is also a hurt cos of what his ex did. I had to like him at once.

Then there is Maggie, she works as a cleaning lady, she loves her son and she certainly knows not to fall for Cain. She is also a bit of a mystery which brought some tension into the drama.

I love a book where the man does the chasing. Cain falls for her, he wants her. But then he is a rocker with a bad rep. Of course anyone would be careful, even if I some times just wanted to shout let go to her, cos come on, he is a hottie ;)

A romantic drama that brings in suspense too at the ending. But mostly it's about life, love and friendship. A sweet story ( )
  blodeuedd | Mar 2, 2016 |
This was my first Juliana Stone novel but it most definitely will not be my last! This is an incredible story of fate and love. Maggie, single mom, lives her life in fear. Cain, hometown boy turned rock star, lives his life in the spotlight. Can their deep attraction overcome the obstacles life puts in front of them? Grab this book and find out. Highly recommended read. ( )
  Bette_Hansen | Nov 3, 2015 |
Is it weird that I heard Kid Rock's "All Summer Long" playing in my head at certain points in the story?

Loved this book, can't wait for the other Bad Boys' stories! ( )
  seanbata | Jun 14, 2015 |
Maggie O'Rourke
Cain Black

Michael O'Rourke, Raine Edwards, Jake Edwards, Mackenzie "Mac" Draper

A very good start to a new series. I'm emotionally invested in all these characters and while I was interested in Cain and Maggie's story what I really what to know are the demons that plague Jake and Mac. While Cain and Maggie were really likable and had chemistry off the charts Cain seemed like the less conflicted character in the book. Though in retrospect not knowing where your career is going and how to get the woman you love to trust you are not exactly small tasks. Maggie's back story was intense yet predictable once it was fully flushed out. But even that didn't detract from me wanting to finish the book. I think a good word to describe this book overall would be Intense. The characters were strong and so are their bonds. I can't wait to see what else Crystal Lake has in store for us in the future. 4 Stars

Read With Me: The Summer He Came Home
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |
I almost gave up on this book. It's pace was slow and heavy with characters thoughts, insecurities and speculation. The heroine's secret was rather predictable. Interaction with her son is why I finished but I skimmed a lot. Rock star Cain is attracted to Maggie the maid.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |

Sometimes the best place to find love is right back where you started...

Falling asleep in a different bed every night has made it easy for Cain Black to forget his past. It's been ten years since he packed his guitar and left Crystal Lake, Michigan, to chase his dreams. Now tragedy has forced him home again. And though Cain relishes the freedom of the road, one stolen moment with Maggie O'Rourke makes him wonder if he's missing out on something bigger than fame.

For Maggie—single mother and newly settled in Crystal Lake—love is a luxury she just can't afford. Sure, she appreciates the tall, dark and handsome looks of prodigal son Cain Black. But how long can she expect the notorious hellion to stay?

"Sometimes the best place to find love is right back where you started... Falling asleep in a different bed every night has made it easy for Cain Black to forget his past. It's been ten years since he packed his guitar and left Crystal Lake to chase his dreams. Now tragedy has forced him home again. And though Cain relishes the freedom of the road, one stolen moment with Maggie O'Rourke makes him wonder if he's missing out on something bigger than fame. For Maggie--single mother and newly settled in Crystal Lake--love is a luxury she just can't afford. Sure, she appreciates the tall, dark and handsome looks of prodigal son Cain Black. But how long can she expect the notorious hellion to stay? The last thing either of them wants is something complicated. But sometimes love has its own plans."--from cover, p. [4]… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,277,770 books! | Top bar: Always visible