Gabriel's Ghost by Linnea Sinclair
    Sassinak by Anne McCaffrey (Caramellunacy)
    Caramellunacy: Sassinak and Gabriel's Ghost are both entertaining adventure/space opera stories with a strong female protagonists, though romance plays a larger role in Gabriel's Ghost.
    The Price of the Stars by Debra Doyle (Caramellunacy)
    Caramellunacy: Price of the Stars is a swashbuckling space opera adventure with a charming ruthless smuggler (in disguise) caught up in political intrigues. Gabriel's Ghost is a fast-paced space opera romance story also with a charming smuggler (in disguise) also caught up in political intrigue. Both are fun, quick adventures that kept me turning pages and had me itching to read the sequels… (more)
    Enemy Within by Marcella Burnard (SockMonkeyGirl)

I read this for the Vaginal Fantasy Hangout book club, so I suppose I should review it somewhat. Though I usually enjoy sci-fi, and generally enjoy romance, this book was pretty lame. The female lead started out seemingly strong-willed, independent, fierce, everything you could want in a sci-fi/romance heroine. Halfway through the book she turns into this wishy-washy, muddled femme-bot without two brain cells to rub together and it felt like she was constantly turning to one male or another to save her. The hero in the book starts out as the rakish pirate type who you want to hate yourself for liking, but again, halfway through the book, I just ended up hating him. He lied to the heroine constantly, justified his actions with some sad tales of woe from his past, and never learned from his mistakes, so continued to do the same things over and over again through the second half of the book. I truly wanted to like the book, it had the potential to be an excellent story, the ideas were original (for the most part) some of the secondary characters were truly lovable and well written, but the main characters were the sort of people I would avoid in public places if I knew them in real life. I won't be reading the rest of the series, or probably anything else by this author. The only reason I even gave it two stars, was that I truly liked one of the secondary characters enough that he made it worth finishing the book. ( )
  HeartlessOne42 | Nov 14, 2013 |
KOBO ( )
  Talthor | Oct 19, 2013 |
A shame there's no half star available in ratings. While it's not a perfect 5, it's worth more than a 4! I really enjoyed this story, and I can't wait to get my hands on the second in the series.

The book is fast paced, and slows down at the right moments. As soon as I read the first page I couldn't tear my eyes away - I simply had to know what was going to happen next. The balance between SciFi and Romance was well done, really well done. The characters were interesting, flawed and engaging.

Fans of the Romance genre - even if you're not a fan of SciFi, you should give this a go! ( )
  snitchbitch | Sep 10, 2013 |
It reads along the same lines as the Stardoc books. I'm probably going to have to read Sinclair's other books. ( )
  lesmel | Jul 12, 2013 |
Fictionwise multiformat ebook
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
Only fools boast they have no fears.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553587978, Mass Market Paperback)

Award-winning author Linnea Sinclair brings her special sizzle to science fiction with this action-packed blend of otherworldly adventure and sexy stellar romance.…

After a decade of piloting interstellar patrol ships, former captain Chasidah Bergren, onetime pride of the Sixth Fleet, finds herself court-martialed for a crime she didn’t commit–and shipped off to a remote prison planet from which no one ever escapes. But when she kills a brutal guard in an act of self-defense, someone even more dangerous emerges from the shadows.

Gabriel Sullivan–alpha mercenary, smuggler, and rogue–is supposed to be dead. Yet now this seductive ghost from Chaz’s past is offering her a ticket to freedom–for a price. Someone in the Empire is secretly breeding jukors: vicious and uncontrollable killing machines that have long been outlawed. Gabriel needs Chaz to help him stop the practice before it decimates Imperial space. The mission means putting their lives on the line–but the tensions that heat up between them may be the riskiest part of all.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:49:21 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,300,972 books! | Top bar: Always visible