Radical Well-being: A biblical guide to…

by Rita Hancock M.D.

322,001,085 (4)None
Member:cherylcope
Title:Radical Well-being: A biblical guide to overcoming pain, illness, and addictions
Authors:Rita Hancock M.D.
Info:
Rating:*****
Tags:christian, nonfiction, health, healing

Radical Well-being: A biblical guide to overcoming pain, illness, and addictions by Rita Hancock MD

…A biblical guide to overcoming pain, illness, & addictions (by-line from the from cover)

This is truly a biblical guide. “Your answers start with your submitting your mind to God.” (from the introduction, page xix) “Before you read the list, please pray”. (from chapter one, page 5) There are numerous exhortations to pray and involve God in your healing. In fact, more than half of the book is devoted to exploring the spiritual aspects of disease and healing.

Being a coach, I love asking questions, and asking questions of God. Because of this, I greatly loved the “Questions to Ask God in Prayer” points at the end of almost every chapter. They were wonderful and if you are someone who has a little trouble hearing God (or think you do) she has tips to help with that on page 9 of chapter one.

Being a medical doctor, the author includes a lot of medical advice but she is open to other modalities of healing, especially prayer and inner healing. Being trained in inner healing myself, I thought this was fantastic. It is rare to find a medical doctor so open to the spiritual.

To read the rest of my review go here: http://www.cherylcope.com/book-review-radical-well-being-by-rita-hancock-md ( )
  cherylcope | Jan 7, 2013 |
Dr. Rita is a certified pain-management doctor. She uses a hands-0n method called Osteopathic Manual Medicine (OMM), as well as several other techniques to help alleviate the pain her patients feel.

In this book, she talks about different cases, and how she has helped these patients. By showing us how these people experienced breakthroughs, she is also giving hope that we, too, can eventually live pain-free.

I liked how Dr. Rita shows how she incorporates her faith into her medical practice. Some might find it strange that she talks about having ‘visions’ and hearing from God, but I actually really connected with her on that, as I have experienced much of the same.

I didn’t like how she introduced each section, saying what was coming in that chapter or subsection, as I felt it was unnecessary. But, it doesn’t detract from the overall message of the book.

I can think of several people that I’d like to pass this book on to, as I think they’ll find it encouraging. ( )
  mizbooks | Jan 2, 2013 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,357,833 books! | Top bar: Always visible