Alien Disaster by Rob May

Alien Disaster (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Rob May

Member:Dokfintong
Title:Alien Disaster
Authors:Rob May
Info:Rob May (2012), Edition: 1st, Kindle Edition
Rating:*1/2

Alien Disaster by Rob May (2012)

Brandon Walker is your typical teenager interested in video games, all things science, and music. There's just one thing that sets Brandon apart from everyone~he's got purple eyes. His mother Sarah is medical researcher with different labs in and around London. She sets Brandon a task that she doesn't what his father to know about or his older sister Gem. Sarah didn't realize the danger she was setting Brandon in. Brandon completes the task before him but London is under attack with asteriods. Twins Jason and Kat Brown hook up with Brandon in order to complete the mission Brandon's mother set. Brandon learns about Talem Tarsus from a video diary. Why is London being attacked? Will Brandon complete the task? What project was Sarah and Talem working on? Your answers await you in Alien Disaster.

I have to say I'm impressed with this author's book. This book is totally unique in it's concept. I especially loved Brandon and Kat! They're truly fascinating characters that leave you wanting more of them. I'm not a fan of Brandon's sister Gem, she's very arrogant and know it all to boot. Sarah and Talem's project is brillant, scary, useful, and very dangerous to all. The author did a terrific job with this story I hope to see more of it. ( )
  WolfFaerie17 | May 16, 2013 |
A really good Young Adult/Teen book. It was fast moving and had a unique plot. Good start for a first novel. Keep up the good work. I did not read Alien Disaster 2 because this is not really my style but I did enjoy book 1. ( )
1 vote joyelett | Feb 18, 2013 |
Alien Disaster is a fast paced, action packed YA adventure story.

There are meteorites heading towards London, Brandon and his friends get caught in the middle of this disaster. They end up racing across the country trying to stay one step ahead of the aliens that are trying to kill them.

I really enjoyed this story and would recommend it to people who like a fairly easy read packed with lots of action and characters that you want to root for. ( )
1 vote fairywings | Feb 1, 2013 |
Alien Disaster is a science fiction story for young adults and is excellent. It contains every element for success--aliens, technology, war and of course good versus bad duking it out.
Every character in the story is believable and are likable/unlikable, as the author intends them to the point that the reader becomes engrossed in the story. Scenes with futuristic technology, not to mention todays, are described in such detail as to leave the reader with enough momentum to get the reader to imagine how they could bring them to fruition. In addition, the author as written the war scenes in such a way as not to allow a young adult, in my opinion, to see that when you commit murder, you kill someone it isn't just a game or a way to solve a problem. Just like any good story these days, there is more to come in the sequel.
Unfortunately, I noticed some editorial errors in the kindle edition I used. ( )
1 vote Teritree001971 | Jan 17, 2013 |
Alien Disaster by Rob May is pre-teen science fiction that is clearly aimed at the younger end of the spectrum. Mr. May's choice of rapid action and staccato dialogue over more leisurely plot development will cause some grumbles from more mature readers but kids could give it a try. ( )
1 vote Dokfintong | Jan 15, 2013 |

Fourteen-year-old Brandon Walker’s world is turned upside-down in the middle of the summer holidays when London is hit by a mysterious and catastrophic attack. With the help of two unlikely friends, he battles to uncover a secret within his own family that might hold the key to saving the whole planet.

Rob May is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,709,338 books! | Top bar: Always visible