Museum of Lost Wonder by Jeff Hoke

Museum of Lost Wonder

by Jeff Hoke

137None87,257 (4.55)1

This s a fun book to look at and read through. It has fold out pages which one could turn into objects, except that you feel you might destroy the book in the process. It is the outgrowth of an alchemical museum vision, which sets forth to transform our looking and understanding of the world we live in. There are seven exhibit halls, which are named in Latin, and which I have tagged. The English parallels are inspiration, reflection, introspection, imagination, melancholy, distinction, illumination, recirculation and one obviously is to circulate through these on ones life path. ( )
  vpfluke | May 19, 2010 |
One of my all-time favorite books, truly a museum of science, psychology, and esotericism. ( )
  KennethWDavis | Sep 6, 2008 |

Tabel of Contents:

Preface

Introduction: What is the Museum of LostWonder?

Chapter I *Calcinationo* Inspiration; The Hall of Technology; Exhibition: The Beginning of Everything.

Chapter II *Solution* Reflection; The Hall of Aquaria; Exhibit: Who are You?

Chapter III *Coagulatio* Introspection; The Zoological Garden; Exhibit: What is Reality?

Chapter IV *Sublimation* Imagination; The Observatory; Exhibit: How to Have Visions.

Chapter V * Mortificatio* Melancholy; The Mausoleum of History; Exhibit: The Darker Side of Museums.

Chapter VI *Separatio* Distinction; The Laboratory of Science and Faith; Exhibit: Where are You Going?

Chapter VII *Conjunction* Illumination; The Gallery to the Arts; Exhibit: The Meaning of Live.

Chapter VIII * Circualtion* Recirculation; The Entrance, Exit, and Circulation Desk; Exhibit: A Drama in Laboratory Terms.

Appendix *The Back Door* Reference; Special Exhibits.

Bibliography

Author-creator Jeff Hoke has built a museum in a book where you play the part of curator, scientist, and first-time visitor as you ponder life's biggest questions: Who am I? What is reality? Where do I fit in the world?

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,426,811 books! | Top bar: Always visible