Kitty Kitty Bang Bang by Sparkle Abbey

Kitty Kitty Bang Bang

by Sparkle Abbey

Kitty Kitty Bang Bang
Sparkle Abbey
Book Summary: Caro Lamont—pet therapist—and her cousin Melinda Langston—owner of The Bow Wow Boutique—pamper the kitties and pooches of Laguna Beach’s elites. Unfortunately, their human clients keep turning up dead.
Detective Judd Malone looked past me. "Are those the cats?"
I nodded.
"What kind are they? They’re huge."
"They’re Bengal cats. Bengals are a hybrid. A cross between a domestic cat and an Asian Leopard Cat. It’s a relatively new breed. Most have . . ." Malone’s face said TMI. Fair enough, more info than he’d been looking for.
"I imagine you know I’m here about Ms. Bardot?" Malone was suddenly all business.
"Yes." I held my breath and hoped for good news.
"Caro." He paused. "She didn’t make it."
"She—" I felt my throat close, and I swallowed hard trying to get control of my emotions. "Too many injuries?" I finally asked. Whatever her emergency had been, it had seemed to upset her. She’d been shaken, and Kitty was never shaken. I remembered her voice as she’d asked me to take care of Tobey and Minou and get them home. The cats. What would happen to the cats now? "Was she driving too fast?"
"Not exactly." Malone’s voice was serious and grim. "We won’t know until we have a lot more information from the crime lab. It’s too soon to tell, but it may have been a case of road rage. Kitty Bardot was shot."

Review: I do not know why I like these books so much. Although they are great mysteries and I love the characters. I thought that Kitty’s daughter was the best, April May call me June was a blast to sit back and watch her go. Between Caro torn between liking June (April May call me June) and wanted to be as far away from her as possible. That character had me laughing out loud. It put the mystery on the back burner and I did not mind it a bit. While June was being herself, the mystery was rolling along and Caro was finding clues. It just seemed so simple and seamless yet putting all that together takes talent. I can’t wait to read the next book in the series! ( )
  Robin661 | Feb 19, 2016 |
Quick read. ( )
  jrsearcher | Feb 12, 2015 |
Because Sparkle Abbey are friends, I am not surprised to find that their Pampered Pet Mysteries are highly enjoyable. If you like your mysteries cozy with memorable characters who find themselves in humorous situations, you will love this series. This is the third. The fourth, Yip, Tuck came out recently and that is on my to be read list.

This series started with Desperate Housedogs and then Get Fluffy. They are currently working on 50 Shades of Greyhound and The Girl with the Dachshund Tatoo.

Set in Laguna Beach, this series is co-written by Marylee Woods and Anita Carter. Marylee writes the even numbered books while Anita writes the odd numbered ones.

Each writes from a different protagonists point of view. The two protagonists are cousins and former beauty queens from Texas. One is a pet psychologist while the other owns a pet boutique. When they are not involved with their clients pets, they are squabbling over their grandmother's brooch that she left to her favorite grand daughter but failed to say who it was.

Always a good time. You must check out this series. ( )
  VirginiaG | Sep 2, 2013 |
Kitty Kitty Bang Bang by Sparkle Abbey
4 STARS

Kitty Kitty Bang Bang is book three in the Pampered Pets Mystery.

The stories have been about one cousin then the next one is the other cousin so far.
Caro Lamont neighbor and friend Kitty Bardot asked her to take her cats Tobey and Minou home after their art showing a emergency had come up. Kitty's cats are painters they also are Bengal cats.

Caro on her way home see's a car wreck and she realizes its Kitty's car. She gets Sam to stop. As she hurries up to the car police detective Judd Malone stops her and then tells her to go home. Do not take the cats in Kitty's house and to stay out of her house.

Later Malone stops by Caro's house to tell her that she was shot and did not make it. To stay out of it. Caro got into trouble while she solved one murder of her human clients.

The next day while she is feeding Kitty's cats thier is a knock on the door. Kitty long lost sister has come to see her. They were seperated in foster care. April Mae Wooben has searched for 15 years and she finally finds her too late.

This is a clean read. I did not guess who the murder was. Thier is lots of action,drama and so much humor.
Caro and Melinda are fueding over a ugly pin that thier grandma left in her will to her favorite granddaughter. They both think it is them. They go to a lot of trouble to steal it back and forth between each other. Everyone around them know it too.
I have enjoyed reading the Pampered Pets Mysteries and will look forward to the next one. If you like humor,mysteries and animals you will love this series.
I was given this ebook to read and asked to give honest review of the book by Netgalley.
12/20/2012 PUB Publisher: Bell Bridge Books 178 pages ASIN: B00AV95HI0 ( )
  rhonda1111 | Jan 3, 2013 |

Caro Lamont-pet therapist-and her cousin Melinda Langston-owner of The Bow Wow Boutique-pamper the kitties and pooches of Laguna Beach's elites. Unfortunately, their human clients keep turning up dead. "We were at an art exhibition at The Montage," I told the detective, "and Kitty asked me to take her cats home because something had come up. Something urgent. It seemed strange, but then the whole evening was strange with dogs and cats. Ones that paint, I mean. And Kitty would never leave her cats, but she did, so it must have been really urgent . . ."Detective Judd Malone looked past me. "Are those the cats?" I nodded."What kind are they? They're huge." "They're Bengal cats. Bengals are a hybrid. A cross between a domestic cat and an Asian Leopard Cat. It's a relatively new breed. Most have . . ." Malone's face said TMI. Fair enough, more info than he'd been looking for. "I imagine you know I'm here about Ms. Bardot?" Malone was suddenly all business."Yes." I held my breath and hoped for good news. "Caro." He paused. "She didn't make it.""She-" I felt my throat close, and I swallowed hard trying to get control of my emotions. "Too many injuries?" I finally asked. Whatever her emergency had been, it had seemed to upset her. She'd been shaken, and Kitty was never shaken. I remembered her voice as she'd asked me to take care of Tobey and Minou and get them home. The cats. What would happen to the cats now? "Was she driving too fast?""Not exactly." Malone's voice was serious and grim. "We won't know until we have a lot more information from the crime lab. It's too soon to tell, but it may have been a case of road rage. Kitty Bardot was shot."… (more)

Bell Bridge Books

An edition of this book was published by Bell Bridge Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,310,028 books! | Top bar: Always visible