The Rithmatist (The Rithmatist, #1) by…

The Rithmatist (The Rithmatist, #1) (edition 2014)

by Brandon Sanderson

Member:BeckahRah
Title:The Rithmatist (The Rithmatist, #1)
Authors:Brandon Sanderson
Info:Tor UK, Kindle Edition, 353 pages

The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson

English (81)  Italian (1)  All languages (82)
Very good story telling

I didn't expect to enjoy this, but it drew me in and wouldn't let go. Loved the new imagining of America, and the magic system is intriguing. ( )
  Sonja-Fay-Little | Jan 24, 2019 |
A ver, lo he devorado porque la historia y el concepto de los tizoides es muy interesante, Sanderson escribe de un modo ágil y quieres saber qué pasa, pero me jode que el personaje femenino, Melody, no deje de ser un estorbo, quejica y poco hábil como rithmatista, no esperaba una Hermione pero si que tuviera más sustancia. Siendo además una novela juvenil, me hubiera gustado encontrar otro tipo de personaje femenino. ( )
  Carla_Plumed | Dec 3, 2018 |
Sanderson really has a knack for creating interesting worlds with crazy fun magic. I loved this book. It also didn't exatly end like I thought it would. It is rare a book surproses me anymore but this one did several times. I am looking forward to seeing where it goes next. ( )
  CSDaley | Mar 28, 2018 |
Good story. Pleasant and entertaining. Fun world building and concept creation. Good book not mind bending. ( )
  AmandaEndicott | Feb 21, 2018 |
WOW! My first Brandon Sanderson read and I really enjoyed it! The world building was so intricate and awesome and the characters so well thought out and developed! Cannot wait to read more of his books! :D ( )
  jdifelice | Jan 20, 2018 |

Brandon Sandersonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gibbs, ChristopherCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kramer, MichaelNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
McSweeney, BenIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Joel Sanderson, whose enthusiasm never stops
Lilly's lamp blew out as she bolted down the hallway.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0765320320, Hardcover)

From #1 New York Times bestselling author Brandon Sanderson: his debut novel for the young adult audience

More than anything, Joel wants to be a Rithmatist. Chosen by the Master in a mysterious inception ceremony, Rithmatists have the power to infuse life into two-dimensional figures known as Chalklings. Rithmatists are humanity’s only defense against the Wild Chalklings—merciless creatures that leave mangled corpses in their wake. Having nearly overrun the territory of Nebrask, the Wild Chalklings now threaten all of the American Isles.

As the son of a lowly chalkmaker at Armedius Academy, Joel can only watch as Rithmatist students study the magical art that he would do anything to practice. Then students start disappearing—kidnapped from their rooms at night, leaving trails of blood. Assigned to help the professor who is investigating the crimes, Joel and his friend Melody find themselves on the trail of an unexpected discovery—one that will change Rithmatics—and their world—forever.

Bestselling author Brandon Sanderson brings his unique brand of epic storytelling to the teen audience with an engrossing tale of danger and suspense—the first of a series. With his trademark skills in world-building, Sanderson has created a magic system that is so inventive and detailed that that readers who appreciate games of strategy and tactics just may want to bring Rithmatics to life in our world.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:19 -0400)

As Wild Chalklings threaten the American Isles and Rithmatists are humanity's only defense, Joel can only watch as Rithmatist students learn the magical art that he would do anything to practice.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,915,670 books! | Top bar: Always visible