A Wicked Awakening: Book I of The Wicked…

A Wicked Awakening: Book I of The Wicked Series (edition 2011)

by Calinda B

441,664,912 (4.5)None
Member:StacyDecker
Title:A Wicked Awakening: Book I of The Wicked Series
Authors:Calinda B
Info:Sumner McKenzie, Inc (2011), Paperback, 384 pages

A Wicked Awakening: Book I of The Wicked Series by Calinda B

No tags.

"A Wicked Awakening” by Calinda B is the story of a woman named Cherie who finds out that her sexual energy helps balance the forces of the universe. But it also is a beautiful love story, and the story of a woman’s self-discovery and transformation. Cherie is a likable and relatable heroine (although I didn’t like her nickname of “Cheerio” at all), and her relationships with Cam and later Kayden felt authentic and real. This book has it all… love, danger, secrets, magic, sex, you name it. There was GREAT chemistry between all the characters and I found myself being totally lost in the story and sad when it was over, but happy that there were more books in the series! ( )
  ClaireBearzz | Jan 10, 2013 |
Great find! I’m so happy I discovered this series, and I love how long of an ebook it is!! I like that I can really lose myself in the story of Cherie and Cam and Kayden. The writing is very descriptive and I felt like I was really inside this unique world the author created. I liked that it made me think outside the box and wasn’t just another formulaic erotic love story. This was really original, I thought. And the sex scenes were hot! My only beef was the abrupt pov changes that would pop up unexpectedly (sometimes in the middle of a page) that pulled me out of the story for a bit. While I liked seeing the other perspectives, it was a tad confusing for me at times and I wish maybe the different POV’s could have been done in separate chapters or something. But despite that I really enjoyed this book and downloaded “A Wicked Beginning” right as soon as I was done. Definitely recommend! ( )
  ReaderGurrl | Jan 8, 2013 |
A wonderful book for reading on those cold winter nights! A steamy story with an engaging plot that keeps you interested from beginning to end. Cherie Manhattan is an aerobics instructor who gets a weird visitor to her class one day, and discovers her life will change and that she is “special”. As in, center of the universe special. While this premise may seem a little far-fetched, somehow the author manages not only to pull it off with grace and style, but make it a believable storyline that leaves you wanting more. There were a few instances of minor editing glitches, and a few punctuation things, but overall an impressive job that kept my interest from beginning to end. For the mature crowd only. ( )
  StacyDecker | Jan 6, 2013 |
This is one of the most unexpectedly awesome books I’ve read in a looong time. To be totally honest, at first I wasn’t sure I’d like it because I had a hard time figuring out what it was about from the description, as it sounded like nothing I’d ever read before. Well, I was right in the sense that it was so unique and original, it really was unlike anything I’d read, and in a good way!! It had so many interesting plot twists and was HOT and SEXY!!! Once I got into the book it was impossible to put down, and once I finished I immediately picked up the next one!! A must read for fans of erotic and paranormal. ( )
  BellaReadz | Jan 4, 2013 |

The world is full of secrets and lies. Where is the joyful celebratory sexual openness Cherie has dreamed about? Where's the passionate fulfillment? Her parents don't have it. Her friends are struggling, too. Is it anywhere to be found? Does anyone hold the key? And what's this business about her holding secrets to the universe? Her heartbeat helps synchronize the cosmos? Come ON!

In A Wicked Awakening, the first in the Wicked Series, Cherie Manhattan embarks upon an erotic journey to sift through the ashes of her tragic upbringing. What she uncovers is her potent sexuality and benevolent heart is the conduit for cosmic energy. She unlocks the secrets of her past to reveal the sexual elixir trapped within her cells, longing to be set free.

Her enemies, caught up in their own tragic pasts, will do anything to keep her from awakening the limitless well of pleasure inside her body. At war with themselves, not able to allow pleasure and passion in their own lives, they will stop at nothing to keep her from awakening the ka'kriyayaga, the heartbeat of cosmic surrender. Cherie is determined to set these blissful energies free. Through A Wicked Awakening, she becomes a cosmic force to be reckoned with and inspires and awakens all around her.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:01:50 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,614,493 books! | Top bar: Always visible