Up to Me (Volume 2) by M. Leighton

Up to Me (Volume 2) (original 2012; edition 2013)

by M. Leighton

Member:ELBrown
Title:Up to Me (Volume 2)
Authors:M. Leighton
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2013), Paperback, 288 pages
Collections:Your library, Read
Rating:***1/2
Tags:E-Book, Contemporary, Family, Bad Boys, Adult Romance

Up to Me (The Bad Boys, #2) by M. Leighton (2012)

This book was brilliant. Straight out of the mid of M. Leighton and onto paper so that once again she could Blow my mind with Cash/Nash and Olivia. This time even throwing in twists and turns with the ole' bitchy Marissa. (Although I cannot wait to read the next one to see more of Nash's story). I have to say I thought that this book was good but not as great as the first one. There were times where I wanted it to keep going and it seemed as time stopped. I am only saying that because it was 4 stars for me and not 5 and this year my resolution was to only give 5 stars to those books that captured me like no other. I can't say much because it would give the book away but you won't be let down if you take a chance and read this book. Make sure you read it after Down to You though or you will miss a lot of the story. ( )
  Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |
I wasn't really impressed with this book. I found it boring and uninspiring.
  aVamp1r3 | Nov 25, 2014 |
Cash & Nash ( )
  perennialreader | Sep 5, 2014 |
I probably should’ve stopped at book one, since the relationship between Olivia and Cash doesn’t evolve in any remarkable way whatsoever in this second book, and very little happens in terms of storyline in general. Still, it bugs me not to read book 3 and get this trilogy over with. Also, I just saw that this time the story won't focus on Cash and Marissa, and that's a good sign since I have a few questions about the two main characters of the final book (thus a little curiosity left), so – God help me – maybe I’ll go through with it. ( )
  kairih | Aug 30, 2014 |
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: Alluring story full of passionate romance, suspenseful mystery and engaging characters. I highly enjoyed this story and would recommend it to anyone looking for a sexy quick read.

Opening Sentence: Out of the corner of my eye, I see the light flicker at the back of Dual.

The Review:

Olivia has finally found the one guy she could truly see herself being with forever. For most of her life she has fallen for the bad boys and she always ends up with a broken heart. Cash is a recently reformed bad boy that is trying to mend his ways so he can be the man that Olivia needs. But Cash has a past full of secrets and you can only hide for so long. Olivia knew that falling in love with Cash was a gamble but there are some things you just can’t control. Trusting him with her heart terrifies her and with new threats hanging over them she will have to trust him with her life as well.

When strangers show up from his past and start to threaten everything Cash cares about he knows that he is going to have to come up with a plan to stop them. He has something that they want and they want to make a trade for something that they took. But Cash needs a backup plan and he turns to his imprisoned father for help. His father has some ideas and he sends help from the most unexpected places.

Olivia has spent most of her life getting her heart broken by all the jerks she has dated. So now she really protects her heart but when she meets the devastatingly gorgeous Cash all common sense goes out the window. Opening up is difficult for her but if she doesn’t let Cash in she knows that there’s no way they will last. I loved Olivia, she is such a sweet and forgiving person. She has had some setbacks in her life, but that doesn’t stop her from getting what she wants. She is very driven and has a pretty big stubborn streak in her personality. I enjoyed watching her come out of her shell and be more open with her relationship with Cash. I thought that she as very easy to connect with and a likeable character.

Cash is just as sexy as ever. He is full of secrets and for the past seven years he hasn’t let anyone get close to him. With everything that is going on in his life he knows that falling for someone will only put them in danger, but Cash just can’t stop his feeling for Olivia. Now he will do anything to protect her and prove to her that he is the man she needs in her life. I adore Cash, not only is he extremely attractive he is also a very caring and devoted person. The way he treats Olivia is endearing and very erotic. Cash is just one of those guys you can’t help but totally drool over him. He is a great love interest and I really enjoyed reading his story.

Up to Me was a fast paced contemporary read full of mystery, engaging characters and passionate romance. One issue I did have with the story was that I felt the romance was slightly repetitive from the first book. I still loved Cash and Olivia together, they had really hot chemistry, but I would have liked to have seen more growth in their relationship. Besides that, everything in the story was amazing. Suspense is running high throughout the entire book and Leighton threw in some great plot twists that kept you guessing. Once I picked up the book I pretty much couldn’t put it down and as soon as I finished I couldn’t stop myself from starting the last book. This is just one of those series that is totally addictive and I just couldn’t get enough. Luckily, the final book was told from a few of the secondary character’s POV. I think it really helped make the romance feel new and fresh, which was lacking in this story. Overall, this was a great read full of mystery, drama, and lots of great sexy times. I would highly recommend it to anyone that enjoys suspenseful new adult contemporary reads.

Notable Scene:

For a while after the accident, I was bloodthirsty. All I could think about was getting revenge against the people who killed my mother and brother, and who framed my father for their deaths. But over time, the more I became Nash the law student, the more I realized there was a legal way to go about it, a way that could free my father. That alone would be worth going about it without bloodshed. So that’s what I did. I set about getting my law degree and learning as much as I could about similar cases, so that one day I could use the evidence that my dad had sacrificed so much for to see justice served.

But now all that is in jeopardy. Unless the ace up Dad’s sleeve is a damned good one.

Forty-four minutes later, an hour before the club closes, an ace walks through my office door. And holy hell what an ace it is!

FTC Advisory: Berkley/Penguin provided me with a copy of Everything for Us. No goody bags, sponsorships, “material connections,” or bribes were exchanged for my review. ( )
  DarkFaerieTales | May 16, 2014 |

For Olivia, romantic bliss has never felt so right as it has with Cash. Unpredictable, except when it comes to satisfying her desires, Cash's 'bad boy' reputation is well-earned, but he's turning his life around with the one woman who accepts him for who he is. Until strangers from the past turn Olivia and Cash's world upside down. What they want is something only Cash can give them. And if he doesn't deliver, then they're taking the one thing that Cash values the most... Olivia always knew that falling for Cash meant she was likely to get burned. But this new threat is beyond anything she imagined. Now she has to trust Cash with her life - and for Olivia, that's much easier than letting go and trusting him with her heart.… (more)

39 wanted3 pay9 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,106,721 books! | Top bar: Always visible