Up to Me (Volume 2) by M. Leighton

Up to Me (Volume 2) (edition 2013)

by M. Leighton

Member:ELBrown
Title:Up to Me (Volume 2)
Authors:M. Leighton
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2013), Paperback, 288 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:E-Book, Contemporary, Family, Bad Boys, Adult Romance

Up to Me (The Bad Boys, #2) by M. Leighton

I probably should’ve stopped at book one, since the relationship between Olivia and Cash doesn’t evolve in any remarkable way whatsoever in this second book, and very little happens in terms of storyline in general. Still, it bugs me not to read book 3 and get this trilogy over with. Also, I just saw that this time the story won't focus on Cash and Marissa, and that's a good sign since I have a few questions about the two main characters of the final book (thus a little curiosity left), so – God help me – maybe I’ll go through with it. ( )
  kairih | Aug 30, 2014 |
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: Alluring story full of passionate romance, suspenseful mystery and engaging characters. I highly enjoyed this story and would recommend it to anyone looking for a sexy quick read.

Opening Sentence: Out of the corner of my eye, I see the light flicker at the back of Dual.

The Review:

Olivia has finally found the one guy she could truly see herself being with forever. For most of her life she has fallen for the bad boys and she always ends up with a broken heart. Cash is a recently reformed bad boy that is trying to mend his ways so he can be the man that Olivia needs. But Cash has a past full of secrets and you can only hide for so long. Olivia knew that falling in love with Cash was a gamble but there are some things you just can’t control. Trusting him with her heart terrifies her and with new threats hanging over them she will have to trust him with her life as well.

When strangers show up from his past and start to threaten everything Cash cares about he knows that he is going to have to come up with a plan to stop them. He has something that they want and they want to make a trade for something that they took. But Cash needs a backup plan and he turns to his imprisoned father for help. His father has some ideas and he sends help from the most unexpected places.

Olivia has spent most of her life getting her heart broken by all the jerks she has dated. So now she really protects her heart but when she meets the devastatingly gorgeous Cash all common sense goes out the window. Opening up is difficult for her but if she doesn’t let Cash in she knows that there’s no way they will last. I loved Olivia, she is such a sweet and forgiving person. She has had some setbacks in her life, but that doesn’t stop her from getting what she wants. She is very driven and has a pretty big stubborn streak in her personality. I enjoyed watching her come out of her shell and be more open with her relationship with Cash. I thought that she as very easy to connect with and a likeable character.

Cash is just as sexy as ever. He is full of secrets and for the past seven years he hasn’t let anyone get close to him. With everything that is going on in his life he knows that falling for someone will only put them in danger, but Cash just can’t stop his feeling for Olivia. Now he will do anything to protect her and prove to her that he is the man she needs in her life. I adore Cash, not only is he extremely attractive he is also a very caring and devoted person. The way he treats Olivia is endearing and very erotic. Cash is just one of those guys you can’t help but totally drool over him. He is a great love interest and I really enjoyed reading his story.

Up to Me was a fast paced contemporary read full of mystery, engaging characters and passionate romance. One issue I did have with the story was that I felt the romance was slightly repetitive from the first book. I still loved Cash and Olivia together, they had really hot chemistry, but I would have liked to have seen more growth in their relationship. Besides that, everything in the story was amazing. Suspense is running high throughout the entire book and Leighton threw in some great plot twists that kept you guessing. Once I picked up the book I pretty much couldn’t put it down and as soon as I finished I couldn’t stop myself from starting the last book. This is just one of those series that is totally addictive and I just couldn’t get enough. Luckily, the final book was told from a few of the secondary character’s POV. I think it really helped make the romance feel new and fresh, which was lacking in this story. Overall, this was a great read full of mystery, drama, and lots of great sexy times. I would highly recommend it to anyone that enjoys suspenseful new adult contemporary reads.

Notable Scene:

For a while after the accident, I was bloodthirsty. All I could think about was getting revenge against the people who killed my mother and brother, and who framed my father for their deaths. But over time, the more I became Nash the law student, the more I realized there was a legal way to go about it, a way that could free my father. That alone would be worth going about it without bloodshed. So that’s what I did. I set about getting my law degree and learning as much as I could about similar cases, so that one day I could use the evidence that my dad had sacrificed so much for to see justice served.

But now all that is in jeopardy. Unless the ace up Dad’s sleeve is a damned good one.

Forty-four minutes later, an hour before the club closes, an ace walks through my office door. And holy hell what an ace it is!

FTC Advisory: Berkley/Penguin provided me with a copy of Everything for Us. No goody bags, sponsorships, “material connections,” or bribes were exchanged for my review. ( )
  DarkFaerieTales | May 16, 2014 |
Another awesome conclusion to a series . this one I read in less than 2 hrs lol .... something about HOT SEXY MEN just kept me turning the pages to see what happened next .

“If it was up to me, I’d make the world disappear and it would be just us. Just you and me.”

Happily ever after doesn’t come easy. But for love, it’s always worth the fight.

Olivia finds bliss unlike any she’s ever known in Cash’s arms. He sets her skin on fire and melts her heart right inside her chest. Unfortunately, their happily ever after is short-lived when a shadow from Cash’s past threatens to turn their world upside down.

Dangerous people from his father’s world have discovered that Cash holds information that could put them away for a very long time. And they’re willing to do anything—and hurt anybody—to get it back. Giving it up means Cash must choose between the life of his father and the life of Olivia.

Having nearly overcome her wariness of bad boys, Olivia’s trust is shaken when this new threat arises. Now she finds that Cash is not only a danger to her heart, but his family has associations that are a danger to her life as well. She soon discovers that there are some situations in life where trust is a girl’s only option. And this is one of them. If she’s to live, she must trust Cash with her life. But to Olivia, that’s much, much easier than letting go and trusting him with her heart.

This Books starts right where Down To You ends which is pretty sweet in itself . this one will definitely have your head spinning with the blows that it throws at you , but in the end every single one of those blows is soooo worth it 100% . I really can't say a whole lot about this one without giving away info and I truly don't want to do that to any reader , so with that said here comes my Fav quotes from the book .

“He's everywhere. He's on my skin, under my skin, in my heart, in my soul”

“Do me a favor,” he whispers, curling my fingers over the back of his and bringing them to his mouth. “What?” His eyes never leave mine as he brushes his lips over my knuckles. “Dream of me tonight,” he says softly. He watches me, waiting for a response. I have no words, so I simply nod. He doesn’t need to know that no one else occupies my dreams. No one. “Dream of my lips, teasing you.” Straightening one of my fingers, he kisses the tip. His voice is like velvet and his words are like an aphrodisiac. “Dream of my tongue, tasting you.” His tongue sneaks out to flick the end of my finger. A surge of desire rocks my core. “And I’ll dream of you. Of what it feels like to be inside your warm, wet body.”

“I can't stand the thought of you being anything other than deliriously happy. With me.”

"You haven't failed me. You've breathed so much life into my existence. Don't ever be sorry for that.”

Definitely Put this Series on your TBR List if it is not already there . It is SOOO worth it

Chris.BlogEmporium | May 6, 2014 |
One name, Cash Davenport........That is all I need to say.

Well I need to say more but that should be enough for you to dive right in to this sequel to Down To You.

I was really looking forward to the next instalment in the story of Cash and Olivia. After the cliff hanger in book one, I couldn't wait to see how the story panned out.

Cash Davenport is one hot bad ass. He is smoking hot with Olivia and their relationship does go through the usual insecurities but with added drama and angst because of his past. Well that is understates the drama but suffice to say that this is not a typical blossoming relationship with situations that test their commitment and trust. At one time I must say that I wanted to throttle Olivia with a choice she made and her inner dialogue did grate on me a bit, but it was really good to see her grow emotionally and find her inner strength.

Now on to Cash. Well what can I say about Cash? He is a fire cracker, a smoldering mass of passion waiting to ignite, and ignite he did. I enjoyed seeing him come to realisations about himself and their relationship, and in this book I actually connected more to Cash than Olivia.

Overall I did love Down to You more that Up to You because of the loss of connection I felt with Olivia. I did enjoy meeting some new characters but would have liked a bit more of Ginger thrown into the mix. I did absolutely love the fact that I did not see the big twist coming and can't wait now to read the finale in book three. ( )
  Artfullee | Apr 8, 2014 |
Olivia and Cash's love affair continues to grow. Desperate measures are necessary to continue with Cash's plans to vindicate his father.

The romance between Olivia and Cash is very HOT. This in spite of Taryn's jealousies I really enjoyed how the author worked this triangle in order to preserve the dual personalities that Cash must create

This is non stop thriller/suspense with a large dose or romance. ( )
  Gloria.Herrera | Mar 26, 2014 |

Happily ever after doesn't come easy. But for love, it's always worth the fight. Olivia finds bliss unlike any she's ever known in Cash's arms. He sets her skin on fire and melts her heart right inside her chest. Unfortunately, their happily ever after is short-lived when a shadow from Cash's past threatens to turn their world upside down. Dangerous people from his father's world have discovered that Cash holds information that could put them away for a very long time. And they're willing to do anything-and hurt anybody-to get it back. Giving it up means Cash must choose between the life of his father and the life of Olivia. Having nearly overcome her wariness of bad boys, Olivia's trust is shaken when this new threat arises. Now she finds that Cash is not only a danger to her heart, but his family has associations that are a danger to her life as well. She soon discovers that there are some situations in life where trust is a girl's only option. And this is one of them. If she's to live, she must trust Cash with her life. But to Olivia, that's much, much easier than letting go and trusting him with her heart."--P. 4 of cover.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,980,670 books! | Top bar: Always visible