The Light Behind the Window by Lucinda Riley

The Light Behind the Window (2012)

by Lucinda Riley

English (17)  Dutch (1)  All languages (18)
Once again I found a Lucinda Riley book that I just LOVED. I was so engrossed in this tale I did not even want to go to bed. One of my favorite authors. ( )
  Thelmajean | Apr 27, 2018 |
great read. loved the characters. ( )
  mfabriz | Jun 26, 2017 |
This is an excellent story about the history of a particular family and how the ancestors are related. Lucinda Riley has a way of keeping the reader on the edge and devouring her stories. I highly recommend this book. ( )
  CandyH | May 25, 2017 |
„Der Lavendelgarten“ lässt mich zwiegespalten zurück. Ich mochte die Geschichte im Zweiten Weltkrieg sehr. Hier gab es Spannung, faszinierende Hintergrundinformationen und wundervolle, starke Charaktere. Der andere Erzählsptrang rund um Emilie gefiel mir hingegen überhaupt nicht – Kitsch, Naivität und eine mir nicht verständliche Entwicklung der Protagonistin.

Beide Stränge sind jedoch geschickt miteinander verwoben und zeichnen sich durch einen einnehmenden Schreibstil aus, bei dem mir vor allem die Szenenbeschreibung gefiel. Alles in allem durchwachsen, aber empfehlenswert, falls ihr mit Kitsch und einer leicht vorhersehbaren Handlung im ersten Erzählteil zurechtkommt. ( )
  Lovelymixblog | Jan 14, 2017 |
Lucinda Riley once again writes a cracking story! This one was a bit slower in getting off the ground than others I have read but once it did I was fully engrossed! Both the modern day story and the back story from the Second World War captivated me and led me to want to read on and on. As has been said by others some similarity to Kate Morton's stories but I actually think I prefer Lucinda Riley's books. If you like dual time line books I would certainly recommend Lucinda Riley, whilst I enjoyed this one a lot my favourite would still be The Girl on the Cliff which had more of an emotional impact on me. ( )
  Andrew-theQM | Jan 4, 2017 |

Lucinda Rileyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Battaglia, JillCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Halligan, GeriNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Hauser, SonjaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
What you are, you are by accident of birth;
what I am, I am by myself.
~ Ludwig Van Beethoven
For Olivia
Endlose Nacht;/Finsternis ist meine Welt./Schwere Last; Kein Licht, das die Fenster erhellt.
Emilie felt the pressure on her hand relax and looked down at her mother.

La C?ote d'Azur, 1998. In the sun-dappled south of France, Emilie de la Martinires, the last of her gilded line, inherits her childhood home, a magnificent ch?ateau and vineyard. With the property comes a mountain of debt and almost as many questions. Paris, 1944. A bright, young British office clerk, Constance Carruthers, is sent undercover to Paris to be part of Churchill's Special Operations Executive during the climax of the Nazi occupation. Separated from her contacts in the Resistance, she soon stumbles into the heart of a prominent family who regularly entertain elite members of the German military even as they plot to liberate France. After she inherits her childhood home, a magnificent chateau in Le Cote d'Azur, France, Emilie de la Martinieres realizes that it may hold secrets to her family's enigmatic past during World War II.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,828,559 books! | Top bar: Always visible