Arrr! (Celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate Day)

Racing to Love Jesse's Soul by Amy…

Racing to Love Jesse's Soul (edition 2012)

by Amy Gregory

Collections:Wishlist
Rating:***1/2
Tags:2013, Fiction, Kindle

Jesse's Soul by Amy Gregory

The second book in the Racing to Love series is an emotional and heartfelt journey of love and romance. This gripping tale of heart ache and pain brings romance, hope and love to a well deserving couple. And all of the characters in the series continue to enchant in this fascinating and intriguing world. There was one incident that didn’t really receive enough closure, in kind of got left in limbo, but it was a minor scene with a minor character so it doesn’t take away from the story.

See my full review at:
http://www.thejeepdiva.com/review-jesses-soul-racing-love-2-amy-gregory/ ( )
  Evampire | Dec 28, 2013 |
Racing to Love - Jesse's Soul by Amy Gregory

This is the second book I’ve read in the Racing to Love series, Amy Gregory has written another fantastic, heartwarming, and heart wrenching story in this series called Jesse’s Soul. The novel is well written, the story flows easily and it’s hard to put the book down as you get to know each of the characters. Another fantastic part to this story is we get to catch up with Molly and Carter from Racing to Love - Carter's Treasure it’s like visiting with old friends and finding out how they are doing.

Racing to Love – Jesse’s Soul is Emery and Jesse’s story, Jessie is a professional bike racer and we understand that he is hoping someday that he finds love like Molly and Carter. During the first few pages we find out that Jesse’s mechanic has had to leave the team due to family issues. This is quite upsetting to Jesse as his mechanic is the one responsible to keep his bikes in top shape.

In walks Emery Kincaid, his boss’s daughter who happens to be one of the best bike mechanics around. As we get to know Emery we see she is a fiery Irish woman who expects the shop to be run her way and expects the other mechanics and racers to follow her lead. She is hard on herself as she knows it much harder for women in this field and most men hate taking orders from a woman.

The attraction between Jesse and Emery unfolds and we get to see Jesse trying to convince Emery that she should take a chance on him and maybe someday trust him. Emery likes to keep things professional with her racers and is not sure she can trust a man with her heart again.

There is much more to this story, Emery has some secrets and Jesse begins to wonder if maybe there is something wrong with Emery health as she seems tired and exhausted at times. Jesse tries very hard to keep Emery on her toes about their mutual attraction to each other. ……But you will have to read Jesse’s Soul to find how the story goes.

This is a great romance novel, there is many heartfelt moments and at times you worry that Jesse and Emery may not get their happy ever after ending. So pick up a copy of Jesse’s Soul you will not be disappointed.

I have rated this novel a 4 star rating and I cannot wait to read the next book in Racing To love series. Amy Gregory has once proven she is one fantastic author and I really enjoy her writing.
  TanaT | Aug 7, 2013 |
I first met Jesse in Racing to Love - Carter's Treasure, the first book in this series, and was so glad to find out that he was getting his own story. Book one is Molly and Carter's story, and I really enjoyed it. Jesse is one of Carter's best friends, and both are motor cycle riders on the professional racing circuit. I really liked him in the first book, but fell in love with him in Jesse's soul. He is "sexy as sin," as Emery would say, has a killer smile and eyes that look straight through you, causing you to melt into a wanton pile of desire. When the main mechanic leaves, Reid Kincaid, the boss and owner, brings in a new head mechanic who just happens to be his daughter Emery. She is the best in the business, something that she has really had to work hard for, being a woman in a man's sport. When Jesse sees her, he is overwhelmed by her beauty and immediately attracted to her, but also a little concerned about the fact that she is a woman, and she very quickly puts him in his place. From that moment on he is 100% behind her, and she quickly earns the respect of the other mechanics on her team, as well as the riders. She knows what she is doing and she runs a tight ship. She has an Irish temper, is sassy, feisty, and doesn't take anything off anybody. Emery has secrets though, really big secrets.

Jesse is determined to make her his, but Emery has been terribly hurt in a past relationship, which has caused her to build a brick wall around her heart that is almost impenetrable. She also has another big secret regarding her health, one that she doesn't want others to know about. This has has left her emotionally wounded and physically drained, and is the mortar that holds the brick walls around her heart in place. Jesse isn't one to give, up, and determined to break though. He is very patient and very persistent, but when he finds out her secrets, will he still feel the same way, or will he run away?

Jesse's soul is a really beautiful contemporary romance that will grip your heart as you experience Jesse and Emery's romantic journey, which is filled with desire, pain, humor, loss, acceptance, and love. I really liked both of these characters and enjoyed watching their relationship grow. There are also quite a few steamy scenes, which were really good. The secondary characters were great and played important roles in the story, and were also all easy to connect to and get to know. I enjoyed finding out what the characters that were in the first book were doing, as well as being introduced to new characters. The plot was good and kept my attention. The only thing I didn't like was that I felt it was a little too drawn out regarding Emery's back and forth between "I love you and then I can't be with you because you deserve better issues." That wasn't enough to keep me from enjoying the book though. Overall, this is a good contemporary romance and I am looking forward to the next book in the series. ( )
  alwaysyaatheart | Feb 18, 2013 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,701,573 books! | Top bar: Always visible