Because I'm Small Now And You Love Me: The…

Because I'm Small Now And You Love Me: The World According To My… (edition 2013)

by Gina London, Mary Raudenbush (Cover Design), Derek Vasconi (Editor), Sarah Engdahl (Editor)

Member:psychedelicmicrobus
Title:Because I'm Small Now And You Love Me: The World According To My Four-Year-Old
Authors:Gina London
Other authors:Mary Raudenbush (Cover Design), Derek Vasconi (Editor), Sarah Engdahl (Editor)
Info:Sakura Publishing (2013), Paperback, 162 pages
Tags:ebook, nonfiction, memoir, biography, autobiography, early reviewers

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this on Early Reviewers, but through a trick of circumstance the email with the PDF sat in my email archive until I went through my non-reviewed list.
Like other memoir style books I've picked up, I couldn't get into it as much as it deserved. The writing is clean, clear and engaging but like the author I'm not in to reading other people's lives anymore. There were a few points I could relate with yet because Gina London, and her daughter, come from a different level of privilege and culture than me and this hurt my ability to finish the book.
  dtruslove | Jan 10, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is an adorable book! I love how the honesty of kids (whether you want to hear it or not) shines through. One of my favorite stories is the one about the beloved bear going missing. I know so many people with a similar story about a beloved toy that I could envision that happening. ( )
  gildaclone | Jun 13, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
It's taken me ages to read this book because it was a PDF file and I couldn't load it onto my kindle. It's a lovely little memoir style read. I like memoirs and I particularly like that this author has written about her child Lulu and now has a documented account of at least part of Lulu's development which she will be able to read herself in years to come. I'm sure she will appreciate that when she is an adult. I liked the structure of the book, with each chapter being about a different subject - chapter 5 'Hair Straight Down' really made me laugh - a very insightful chapter which many mums of young girls will relate to! Gina London writes very well and has an easy, conversational style - I guess her experience as a journalist is showing through here. I should imagine this book will appeal to any mum of young children and many, like me, will wish they had committed to paper the funny things their own children have done over the years. ( )
  Elainedav | May 20, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is a sweet book about the author's life and raising her daughter Lulu abroad -- mostly in Italy. It is nice, but inconsequential reading. From losing a teddy, to learning Italian, life with a child is full of wonder. This is a fluffy read that other moms will relate to. ( )
  rsps | May 5, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I was interested in this book because I am taking my two elementary school-aged boys to live in a foreign country for a month in the summer. I enjoyed the adventures and the insights of Lulu. I wish the author wasn't so concerned about being "cutesy." The stories would have played out better. Not all of us find precocious children to be adorable 100% of the time so this seemed a bit romanticized. It is a fast read and worth the time, just don't expect to be totally blown away. ( )
  ShelliM | Apr 9, 2013 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Because I'm Small Now and You Love Me: The World According to My Four-Year-Old by was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,118,503 books! | Top bar: Always visible