Five Years to Live by Frank Zaccari

Five Years to Live (edition 2012)

by Frank Zaccari, Nick Heeb (Illustrator), Anthony Zaccari (Contributor), Steven Zaccari (Contributor)

3None1,987,502 (4)None
Member:JerseyGirlBookReview
Title:Five Years to Live
Authors:Frank Zaccari
Other authors:Nick Heeb (Illustrator), Anthony Zaccari (Contributor), Steven Zaccari (Contributor)
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2012), Paperback, 254 pages
Collections:Read, Your library

Five Years to Live by Frank Zaccari

No tags.

It is an easy to read, inspiring chronicle, especially when you realize that it is not a made up, feel good narration, but in fact based on several true life stories.

Michael’s story is about hope against all odds. It’s about fighting to reach your goal, accepting set backs, but never giving up.

Having the outlook on life that good things will come, but with an attitude that says: If it happens, it’s great; if not, I don’t want to live my life with any regrets.

Taking up the challenge: what makes you a man is what you do when the storm hits, showing the world what kind of man you are, what you are made of deep down inside. Cuz that is what becomes visible when life-changing events happen in our lives.

It’s about learning the lesson that while we can’t control or change what happens or happened, we still do have control over how we react to our situations. And with that, we can take destiny in our own hands.

It speaks about family rallying together and finding buddy’s on the road you are gonna need walking the road of limitations, rehabilitation and disabilities, in whatever shape or form they come.

It is also about the big question that rises up inside: where is God in the midst of trouble and suffering? Michael’s life shows how looking at the bright side, the what-haves instead of the have-nots makes a difference of night and day. It inspires to see life itself as a miracle, as well as the way it is lived, rather than expecting a trouble-free life. Cuz the truth is: we each get our unfair share of trouble and suffering in this life. The question is, how do we respond?

Michael’s story lays down a gauntlet for each of us to ponder, and challenges us in our attitude towards life in general and pain and suffering in particular.

A truly stimulating and encouraging book. ( )
  Fenny-Hotchpotch | Apr 17, 2013 |
Five Years to Live is a story about a young man, Michael,who was looking forward to a life with his love Donna. Things were not to be as on a business trip for a new job, he has an accident on the highway and ends up a quadriplegic. Based on a true story, we see how Michael's huge Italian family and numerous friends are affected by this tragic accident that leaves Michael paralyzed for life. This book is not a novel but almost reads like one as the reader is taken along the path with Michael as he battles infections, endures grueling therapy and has thoughts about giving up the battle. But Michael does not give up the battle and he defies the doctor's odds of only having 5 years to live. I love how the author incorporated into the story little tidbits of information about the life of a quadriplegic. We see the struggles that not only Michael has to go through but also for his mother who was his primary caregiver and his love,Donna, who has moved on to a life without him. This is a man to be admired for his strength and courage against mounting odds. I highly recommend this book. ( )
  celticlady53 | Feb 17, 2013 |
In the blink of an eye your life can change forever ...

For twenty-four year old Michael Battaglia, life was good: he was in love with a wonderful woman he planned to marry, he loved his current job and had an awesome offer from another company for a job promotion with a large pay raise, and he was looking forward to a bright future that lay ahead of him.

But on August 11, 1985, a tragic car accident on the New Jersey Turnpike would forever change the life of this young man from Dunkirk, New York. Diagnosed with a broken neck and a displaced 6th and 7th cervical vertebrae that caused a spinal cord injury, he was left a quadriplegic and wheelchair bound. Because of the seriousness of his injuries, the doctors gave him only five years to live. But true to his independent spirit, determination, faith and will to live, Michael embarked on a journey to live his life to the fullest beyond the doctor's prognosis.

This is Michael's story ...

Five Years To Live is a heart wrenching yet profoundly inspirational story of a young man's determination to live his life to the fullest after a tragic accident changed the course of his life. Author Frank Zaccari weaves a poignant tale based on a true story that occurred in his family, this story will simply pull at your heartstrings.

Written in the third person narrative, the author transports the reader into the lives of Michael Battaglia, his large Italian American family, and his girlfriend Donna Harris. The author engages the reader with a wonderful description of the history of both Michael and Donna's families leading up to the accident and the journey to recovery that ensued. With grace, faith, strong will and determination, Michael's journey takes him through many years of rehabilitative challenges guided by the loving support of his family and friends.

This inspirational story will humble you, make you count your blessings, and realize that in a blink of an eye your world can change forever, but if you have faith and a strong support system, you still can lead a wonderful and fulfilling life. The author inserts inspirational quotes and sayings throughout the book that will stir your soul. Five Years To Live is an emotional story that has an upbeat positive message of faith and hope that comes out of life's challenges and lessons.

Five Years To Live is a wonderful testament to the ability of the human spirit to survive, overcome and move forward from life's tragedies and challenges.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of the book from the author in exchange for my honest review and participation in a virtual book tour event hosted by Providence Book Promotions.

http://jerseygirlbookreviews.blogspot.com/2013/01/five-years-to-live-by-frank-za... ( )
  JerseyGirlBookReview | Jan 11, 2013 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,450,302 books! | Top bar: Always visible