The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas

The Burning Sky

by Sherry Thomas

Series: Elemental Trilogy (1)

Lively fantasy with interesting characters. Interestingly woven fairy tales as challenges in simulation as well as in reality. ( )
  jamespurcell | Feb 21, 2019 |
I happened upon this book by accident, browsing the small shelf of English books at the branch of the local library I frequent with my children. Since it was in the YA section I was quite surprised that I liked it so much.
It has magic, fantasy, 'different worlds', suspension and a blooming romance. A nice read for a weekend that I had to spend on the couch recovering from an illness.
off to read the second book in the series. ( )
  JulesGDSide | Nov 29, 2018 |
off to read the second book in the series. ( )
  JulesGDSide | Nov 29, 2018 |
A historical fantasy in which Thomas draws us into Titus and Iolanthe's world seamlessly. By Iolanthes' attempt to fix a mistake, creating lightning by accident attracting the attention of Titus and fulfiling a prophesy. Titus protects her from the Inquisitor. The relationship is rocky at first but the differences are resolved and they become a couple. Titus - a excellent prince, powerful mage and great friend. The ending was fast paced but wrapped up nicely. ( )
  Nightrune | Feb 28, 2018 |
I went into this book with pretty much no expectations and I LOVED IT!

The world building was really great. I felt like there wasn't a lot of info dumping all at once. We were just kind of thrown into this world full of magic and different realms and expected to just pick up the terms very quickly, which actually worked really well for this book.

I also really loved the characters! Titus is swoon worthy and Iolanthe is so sassy! I love her.

This was just a really great read and I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was!

Onto book 2! ( )
  mmalyn | Feb 24, 2018 |

Sherry Thomasprimary authorall editionscalculated
Anderson, ColinCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

"A young elemental mage named Iaolanthe Seabourne discovers her shocking power and destiny when she is thrown together with a deposed prince to lead a rebellion against a tyrant"--

Sherry Thomas is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,895,918 books! | Top bar: Always visible