Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

The Art of Michael Whelan by Michael Whelan

The Art of Michael Whelan

by Michael Whelan

202487,285 (4.66)1

The largest Whelan monograph to date, and I don't think there is any overlap with the previous two, amazingly. This volume features work both old and new, and for the first time, a great deal of personal (non-commissioned) pieces. We don't get the final book cover designs this time, but we do get sketches and preliminary art, and Whelan again discusses each piece. There are also a few interviews. My favorite Whelan work, "Periwinkle" (for [b:The Changeling Sea|77354|The Changeling Sea|Patricia A. McKillip|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1239499673s/77354.jpg|2085180]), is contained herein. ( )
  chaosfox | Feb 22, 2019 |
The other book I have of Michael Whelan's artwork from the 90s. He is simply amazing. ( )
  mossjon | Mar 31, 2013 |
Just looking at his artwork invokes the mood of the story and feel of the world without ever even reading the story itself. ( )
  Kellswitch | May 26, 2009 |
The god of fantasy artwork. ( )
  branadain | Mar 30, 2007 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,494,480 books! | Top bar: Always visible