Falling for Her Fiance by Cindi Madsen

Info:Entangled Publishing
Collections:Your library, Kindle, Reviewed, 2013
Rating:***1/2
Tags:Review, Kindle, Blog Tour, Romance, ARC

Falling For Her Fiance: An Accidentally in Love Novel (Entangled Bliss) by Cindi Madsen

I knew I was going to love Falling for Her Fiancé as soon as I saw it was written by Cindi Madsen, and I was right. Madsen is a fantastic writer and creates the best love stories. She has this way of making the story about the couple, but creating really unique situations, so that the story still has an interesting and funny plot. Falling for Her Fiancé was no exception and I adored reading about Dani and Wes and the semi-awkward situations they found themselves in.

Dani and Wes have been best friends forever and decide to fake an engagement so that Dani can get promoted at work and Wes can get his family off of his back for his sister’s wedding. The two have off the charts chemistry, though, and clearly struggle with the friendship line, which makes for some hilariously uncomfortable moments. The two are so perfect for each other that you just have to wonder what took them so long to figure it all out (which is of course explained in the novel).

Falling for Her Fiancé was both funny and sweet. Best friends find themselves in a few awkward situations and start to realize that they really are meant to be together. Like everything else I’ve read from Madsen, Falling for Her Fiancé was a great read with a wonderful love story and plenty of endearing moments. ( )
  AboutToRead | Aug 8, 2013 |
I needed a break from textbooks and I loved the whole idea of falling for your best friend. Super cute, light-hearted read. Not a whole lot of drama and not angsty. If youre looking for a fun, pool-side read, this will hit the spot. ( )
  fueledbycoffee | Jul 12, 2013 |
I usually enjoy best-friends-turned-to-lovers kind of stories but this one felt boring and did not engage me. Danielle and Wes have too much things and feelings that are hiding from each other for so-called best friends and obviously there is an attraction just they are too cowardly to act on it. It should have been sweet it should have been hot, but I often found myself planning which next book I will read. And last 30% of book I was thinking 'Argh get together already so I can go and read something really interesting.'

My rating: 2.5 stars

Will I be reading something else written by Cindi Madsen? Nope.

I recommend this book to fans of: clean contemporary romance novels, fake engagement plots, best friends turn to lovers type of romance. ( )
  bookwormdreams | Apr 10, 2013 |
Thought this was a fun, light-hearted read. Sometimes their reluctance to talk to each other drove me batty, but I suppose there wouldn't have been a story if they'd been brave enough to be up front from the beginning. :o) ( )
  TnTexas | Mar 31, 2013 |
Dani and Wes have been best friends since college. They know each other about as well as they know themselves, are completely comfortable with one another, have an absolute blast together, and can almost complete one another's sentences. They have always been there for one another no matter what, even when it caused problems in their other relationships. Both have recently come out of relationships that have ended badly. Dani, who lives in Arkansas, finds herself in need of a date for a company retreat, especially since she needs a promotion and her boss is a big family man. Wes, who lives in North Carolina, finds himself in need of a date for his sister's wedding, one that his ex-fiance is a bridesmaid in. They come up with the brilliant idea of pretending to be each others fiance at both events, which ends up being more challenging than either of them expected. Since college, neither of them have ever considered taking their relationship past friendship, that is until now, when both of them start to have feelings for one another they didn't know were there. Will they finally own up to these feelings risking everyting, or will the fear of destroying their friendship keep them from it?

I loved Falling For Her Fiance. It's the story of two best friends who fall in love and everything that happens in the process, the good, bad, humorous, awkward, and sensual. I loved the theme, and I really loved both Dani and Wes. Their characters were fantastic and excellently developed, enabling you to instantly connect with them and fall in love with both of them. Falling For Her Fiance is not that long, but there is a whole lot of entertainment packed within those pages. I thoroughly enjoyed Falling For Her Fiance and found it to be heart-warming, funny, and real. If you want a book that you can read in a few hours, which will leave you smiling inside and out, Falling For Her Fiance is the perfect contemporary romance and I highly recommend it. ( )
  alwaysyaatheart | Feb 18, 2013 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,425,804 books! | Top bar: Always visible