Wine in my Sippy Cup by Deborah Dove

Free

March 7, 2013.

257 pgs ( )
  UM3050 | Jan 26, 2018 |
Loved the fact that it was so close to what most women deal with. The kids, husband house etc. losing ourselves in the process and how sometimes our husbands take us for granted. ( )
  bridgetcrusan | Apr 5, 2016 |
The book was funny at first. One mishap too many and it became a bore. At one point I fell asleep! It was too much of the same thing. Over and over and over. Okay, so you get my point. ( )
  sultrydiva | Jun 2, 2013 |
Wine in my Sippy Cup by Deborah Dove
3 stars

Hilarious in places! A slice of her life, warts and all. If you have kids you will relate to some of the funny things that happen: wine in the lunch box, hiding in the bathroom just to get a moment of peace. There is the requisite "adult products party" where our narrator, Liz is of course at a loss to what all the excitement is about. Just a few of those formulaic ha ha but ho hum moments then the author gets into the actual meat of her story with an inattentive husband, crazy situation with her father-in-law and an old love resurfacing out of the blue. Once she stopped writing mommy lit with the focus on girlfriends & wine, this book got really interesting. Liz is struggling to be "someone" besides just mom & wife and this book takes us along on her journey. The way the story is wrapped up at the end was a little too pat but satisfying with no loose ends. Still and all for a first book, I enjoyed it and will be looking for more from Deborah Dove. 3 stars. ( )
  keenchris | Mar 31, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,557,445 books! | Top bar: Always visible