Elusive (Book #1 in the On The Run Series)…

Elusive (Book #1 in the On The Run Series) (edition 2012)

by Sara Rosett

Member:SaraRosett
Title:Elusive (Book #1 in the On The Run Series)
Authors:Sara Rosett
Info:
Tags:Mystery, Travel, Romance, Italy, Kindle, Sara Rosett

Elusive by Sara Rosett

Above average for a freebie; decent writing and plenty of suspense. The plot was not very original (shades of Robert Ludlum and Helen McInnes) but still enjoyable. ( )
  leslie.98 | Sep 16, 2018 |
Fun and fast-paced. I'm looking forward to continuing on with the series, despite a few minor quibbles. ( )
  stellar_raven | Jun 11, 2018 |
This book was a lot of fun to read. Spy adventure from Las Vegas to Italy with good plot and interesting characters. I am looking forward to reading more adventures of Zoe Hunter. ( )
  calicocat901 | May 30, 2015 |
Starting out in Dallas, Zoe Hunter is already in a heap of trouble when her ex-husband absconds with company funds. But Zoe knows him better than that and here begins the adventure as she tries to find the man she once loved. From Las Vegas to Italy she travels learning more and more about how little she knew of the man. A fabulous tour of the world! I loved it. ( )
  juliettehendrikx | Mar 26, 2014 |
Zoe is my kind of girl! She dreams of traveling the world, hates to do mundane things and worries about making ends meet! I can relate.

Zoe is living in a house with her ex-husband and working as a proof-reader, dog walker and just about anything else that will help her pay the bills but doesn’t involve a 9-5 office job. She has a best friend who mothers her and a mother who dreams of making it big on reality tv. Nothing seems very out of the ordinary until her ex-husband turns up missing and his business partner turns up dead. When a reporter tips her off that the police are about to bring a search warrant to her house, she decides it’s time to hit the road and her adventures begin.

Zoe is a fun heroine, smart and capable. Her adventures are entertaining and the plot keeps you interested in what will happen next. I already have Zoe’s next adventure Secretive on my Kindle. Looking forward to what she gets herself into next!

I received this book from Netgalley and appreciated the opportunity to read and review it. ( )
  Mrsbaty | Oct 10, 2013 |
I typically don't read mystery novels, nor do I read romance, after a recommendation from LibrayThing I thought I would give this book a try.
The characters were vivid and well portrayed. The heroine was believable with out being over the top. The plot kept me guessing until the end. It was a great quick read, enough of a break from reality to be fun.
added by momwholovestoys | editMy review on amazon, Heather Murdoch (Feb 22, 2013)

Zoe thought traveling internationally would be exciting, but she never dreamed her first trip to Europe would involve fake passports and missing millions.

Divorced, twenty-something Zoe Hunter is a free spirit who strings together a variety of odd jobs to generate enough income to keep her bank account barely in the black. She loves living on the edge, but her life becomes too precarious, even for her, when her ex, Jack, disappears. Then his business partner is murdered and twelve million dollars vanishes from the company bank account. The local police think Zoe may be involved in the murder and the FBI suspects Zoe knows where the money is.

With the investigation zeroing in on her, Zoe is afraid to trust the police or the Feds because they both see her as a person of interest. Zoe impulsively skips town in a search for answers that takes her from Las Vegas to Italy, but instead of tracking down answers, she only uncovers more questions. Who was Jack? Is he dead or did he fake his disappearance? What was he mixed up in—art theft, the mafia, espionage, or all three?

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Sara Rosett's book Elusive was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Sara Rosett is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,895,623 books! | Top bar: Always visible