Take My Heart by Marie Higgins

Take My Heart (edition 2012)

by Marie Higgins, Sheri McGathy (Cover Design)

621,268,033 (4)None
Member:alekee
Title:Take My Heart
Authors:Marie Higgins
Other authors:Sheri McGathy (Cover Design)
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2012), Paperback, 258 pages

Take My Heart (Heroic Rogues Series) by Marie Higgins

1764 (1) 18th century (1) fiction (1) H (1) historical (1) Kindle (1) romance (1) twins (1)

Mercedes's sister is ill. As Mercedes talks to her, she discovers that her sister's husband, William Braxton, has been incredibly unkind. Unfortunately her sister dies, leaving Mercedes to heed her sister's dying wish that she uncover evidence that William is a traitor to the crown. Mercedes soon inserts herself into her sister's life, but William is nothing like the monster her sister portrayed. Things will be turned upside down as Mercedes tries to unravel the truth about her sister's life.

This was a fun tale! I loved the intrigue. There were lots of twists and turns, and you never quite knew who you could trust and what was the truth. Mercedes is a fighter for sure. I love the aspect of her inserting herself into her sister's life. This allows you to get to know all the characters from unique perspectives. I also liked that William had to prove himself to you as a reader. You, like Mercedes, are biased against him from the start. I won't give too much away, but I'm sure you can imagine everything is not as it seems.

This was a great book that was also a super fast read. It manages to pull you in very quickly. I had some things figured out rather easily, but other things genuinely surprised me. If you like intrigue and romance, this is a good book for you.

Book provided for review. ( )
  l_manning | Feb 27, 2013 |
I have read books dealing with the Revolutionary War, but this is story takes place during Colonial times, some of what was going on prior. We all know what remember studying the War, but putting face on what it was living at this time was interesting.
Mercedes sister Kat has died in an asylum, she begged Mercedes to avenge the person, her husband, who has brought her to this point. She promises, and takes off to see if she can trap him as a traitor.
What Mercedes never expected is to fall in love with her sister's step-children. Will she be able to help her sister? Or will she find out the real things going on? Her loyalty has always been to her king, she is more than willing to turn in a man who is loyal to the Patriot movement.
Kat and Mercedes are identical in looks, but not personality. Will Kat husband William Braxton realize this is not his wife? What about the children and the staff? Be ready for a great story, full of mystery and deception. You think you know what is about to happen...and boom it changes. Enjoy!

I received this book through I Am A Reader, Not A Writer Blog Tour, and was not required to give a positive review. ( )
  alekee | Jan 21, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 147820592X, Paperback)

Mercedes Maxwell’s sister’s last wish was for Mercedes to find evidence against Kat’s husband, William Braxton, and have him hung as a traitor to the crown. Mercedes isn’t naïve when it comes to capturing traitors, because her own deceased husband had once been an agent for the King when they lived in England. When she meets William Braxton for the first time, all is not as it seems. Portraying her twin, Mercedes knows this is the only way to get close enough to William to discover his secrets. What she finds along the way are little surprises she hadn’t counted on, especially when she begins to give her heart to a man who may be a spy against the crown.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:50:33 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,634,391 books! | Top bar: Always visible