Trapped by April Christofferson
action (1) AF (1) ebook (1) fiction (1) glaciers (1) mystery (1) National Parks (1) pb (1) Wyoming (1) Yellowstone (1)

BOOK 18 - [Trapped] by [[April Christofferson]]

I was looking for something light, fast moving, hard to put down, after a couple of more difficult books, when I found this. The setting is Yellowstone and Glacier National Parks and it involves rangers, wild animals, poachers wild life activists and gun rights activists. I knew I would feel as if I were spending some time in two of my favorite places, while being caught up in a mystery, and I certainly did. I very much enjoyed this read and plan to read the other two the author has written on similar topics. Christofferson has the knowledge, background and experience for the topic so it is very realistic. Four stars ( )
  mkboylan | Feb 7, 2014 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0765364751, Mass Market Paperback)

Yellowstone backcountry ranger Will McCarroll is every poacher and trapper’s worst nightmare. His tireless defense of endangered wildlife has made him a national hero, but when Will’s anger over legislation allowing loaded guns in national parks causes him to break the rules one time too many, he finds himself transferred from his beloved Yellowstone to Montana’s Glacier National Park. In this edgy eco- and political-thriller, Will soon finds in Glacier a wilderness worth defending—and under siege from illegal trappers, a right-wing radio talk show hosting a predator derby, and members of a radical offshoot of the American Rifle Foundation.

When Yellowstone Magistrate Judge Annie Peacock realizes Will has been lured into Glacier’s backcountry as part of an ARF plot to silence him, she enlists the help of Johnny Yellow Kidney, Glacier National Park’s wolverine biologist. Aided by locals from the Blackfeet reservation, Annie and Johnny’s quest to warn Will ends up a race for time—one whose outcome will impact not only Will, but the lives of the two- and the four-leggeds he’s sworn to protect as well.

April Christofferson introduces us to Montana's wild and wonderful "Crown of the Continent" in Trapped.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:35 -0400)

"Yellowstone backcountry ranger Will McCarroll is every poacher and trapper's worst nightmare. His tireless defense of endangered wildlife has made him a national hero, but when Will's anger over legislation allowing loaded guns in national parks causes him to break the rules one time too many, he finds himself transferred from his beloved Yellowstone to Montana's Glacier National Park. In this edgy eco- and political-thriller, Will soon finds in Glacier a wilderness worth defending-and under siege from illegal trappers, a right-wing radio talk show hosting a predator derby, and members of a radical offshoot of the American Rifle Foundation. When Yellowstone Magistrate Judge Annie Peacock realizes Will has been lured into Glacier's backcountry as part of an ARF plot to silence him, she enlists the help of Johnny Yellow Kidney, Glacier National Park's wolverine biologist. Aided by locals from the Blackfeet reservation, Annie and Johnny's quest to warn Will ends up a race for time-one whose outcome will impact not only Will, but the lives of the two- and the four-leggeds he's sworn to protect"--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,516,169 books! | Top bar: Always visible