Miss Nelson Is Missing! by Harry Allard

Miss Nelson Is Missing! (1977)

by Harry Allard

Other authors: James Marshall (Illustrator)

Series: Miss Nelson (1)

This book is about these students in room 207 who always take advantage of the teacher, until they have an awful sub and end up really missing there teacher.
  mackenzie1992 | Feb 9, 2016 |
This is a good book to use in kindergarten or first grade as a read aloud to teach students about comparing and contrasting. You could have students compare and contrast Miss Nelson with Miss Swamp. They could also compare and contrast the students in the book with the way students in your classroom act. In both of these activities, you could also teach them how to use a venn diagram which could be used across multiple subjects. ( )
  ddeely | Feb 7, 2016 |
I gave this book a 3 but the time my grandma read it to me gets a 5 for sure, she did the voices and everything. ( )
  AngelaGustafson | Jan 25, 2016 |
This book could be used to teach cause and effect ( )
  tlj033 | Dec 7, 2015 |
I actually really liked this book when I read it as a child and now, when I am re-reading it. The plot is very unique, the illustrations fit the tone of the story, and the author kept the story a guessing game to the end. I really liked this plot, as it is very unique and not something I had read before, or really read after this book, making this book very interesting. Having a "substitute" come in and act vastly different than the original teacher to try to teach the kids how to properly act during the school day. Another reason I really liked this book was because of the style of illustrations and how the people are drawn in a different style than normal. The author achieves this buy making the kids look a little similar to the evil teacher, as they are said to bad kids, but their features get a little bit softer as they miss their original teacher more and more. She also uses darker colors in the beginning and moves to lighter colors in the end. The final reason I liked this book is the fact that the author kept the readers guessing who the evil teacher was till the end, and then she didn't clearly state it, making the readers having to use context clues and make inferences. This will keeps the kid engaged in the story and using their comprehension strategies to guess who the evil teacher is. The message of this book was to always be nice and listen, as you might never know if you will get something worse than you have. ( )
  taylorsmith11 | Nov 28, 2015 |

Allard, Harryprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Marshall, JamesIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
For My Sister Jacqueline - H. A.

For Nedd Takahaski - J. M.
The kids in room 207 were misbehaving again.
The kids in room 207 were misbehaving again.
This book is written by Harry Allard and illustrated by James Marshall.

The kids in Room 207 were misbehaving again. Spitballs stuck to the ceiling.  Paper planes whizzing through the air. They were the worst-behaved class in the whole school.
So begins this quirky classic, first published in 1977 and still relevant today as a lighthearted reminder to show our appreciation to those we value. The students don’t proffer a shred of respect for their good-natured teacher Miss Nelson, but when the witchy substitute Miss Viola Swamp appears on the scene, they start to regret their own wicked ways. James Marshall’s scritchy, cartoonish full-color ink and wash illustrations are hilarious. A back-to-school perennial!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:20 -0400)

The kids in Room 207 take advantage of their teacher's good nature until she disappears and they are faced with a vile substitute.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,206,136 books! | Top bar: Always visible