Miss Nelson Is Missing! by Harry Allard

Miss Nelson Is Missing! (original 1977; edition 1985)

by Harry Allard, James Marshall

Member:sermis
Title:Miss Nelson Is Missing!
Authors:Harry Allard
Other authors:James Marshall
Info:Sandpiper (1985), Paperback, 32 pages

Miss Nelson Is Missing! by Harry Allard (1977)

Comfort book, almost all students have read it. I like to read it on a day when the students have worked really hard on a project and just need to mile and enjoy an old favorite. It also is good to show students how this plot is predictable, and then discuss how as their books become more complex in fourth grade, so will story lines. If you are a teacher, and know that you are going to be absent in advance, it might be fun to read the day before you plan to be out-get them wondering. ( )
  Taranto | Dec 2, 2014 |
This is a good book for teachers to read to their class if they are acting up or if you just want a fun read. The students realize that they should have respected and appreciated their teacher. But it was too late for them to tell their teacher how much they appreciated her. The illustration are hilarious and full of color helping to keep the students even more engaged in the story. I would read this to my class as a fun book to start the beginning of the year to bring humor into my classroom and to hopefully gain respect and appreciation right off the bat from my class. This book is nice since there are many sequels that you can have these sequels as a fun read aloud when there is extra time in the school day. Overall I would recommend this series as a fun read aloud when available in class or as a fun family book to read at home.
  lfasce1 | Dec 1, 2014 |
Funny and Classic book series that all students enjoy reading. ( )
  magarcia | Nov 30, 2014 |
I used this book to teach how good readers predict and confirm their predictions through a think aloud. This book would also, be great to teach guided comprehension skills. This would be a great book to use for readers response. ( )
  Spinea1 | Nov 23, 2014 |
Miss. Nelson is missing a book about a sweet and kind teacher who doesn't show up to class for a few days, instead in her place is Miss Viola Swamp who was a mean, don't mess around substitute. The class didn't like miss Viola Swamp so the class went to look for their missing teacher with the help with the police. Just when the class thought Miss Nelson is gone forever she comes back just in time and the class stays on their best behavior.

This book is a preschool favorite at the daycare I work at. I absolutely love this book!

Classroom Extension:
1. I would have the kids create a missing poster for Miss Nelson.
2. We would have a group discussion as to why it's important to listen to our teacher.
  theresa.moultrie | Nov 21, 2014 |

Allard, Harryprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Marshall, JamesIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
For My Sister Jacqueline - H. A.

For Nedd Takahaski - J. M.
The kids in room 207 were misbehaving again.
The kids in room 207 were misbehaving again.
This book is written by Harry Allard and illustrated by James Marshall.

The kids in Room 207 were misbehaving again. Spitballs stuck to the ceiling.  Paper planes whizzing through the air. They were the worst-behaved class in the whole school.
So begins this quirky classic, first published in 1977 and still relevant today as a lighthearted reminder to show our appreciation to those we value. The students don’t proffer a shred of respect for their good-natured teacher Miss Nelson, but when the witchy substitute Miss Viola Swamp appears on the scene, they start to regret their own wicked ways. James Marshall’s scritchy, cartoonish full-color ink and wash illustrations are hilarious. A back-to-school perennial!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:52:50 -0400)

The kids in Room 207 take advantage of their teacher's good nature until she disappears and they are faced with a vile substitute.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,454,768 books! | Top bar: Always visible