Miss Nelson Is Missing! by Harry Allard

Miss Nelson Is Missing! (original 1977; edition 1985)

by Harry Allard, James Marshall (Author), Harry Allard (Illustrator)

Member:hannavishny
Title:Miss Nelson Is Missing!
Authors:Harry Allard
Other authors:James Marshall (Author), Harry Allard (Illustrator)
Info:Sandpiper (1985), Edition: Reissue, Paperback, 32 pages
Collections:Your library, Books published before 2000, Realistic Fiction, Traditional Literature
Tags:school, teacher, students, rowdy, sweet, nice, mean

Miss Nelson Is Missing! by Harry Allard (1977)

this is a funny book for the students to read. throughout the book the author is trying to tell us that we should us that we should be happy with what we got because it could always be worse. a good book for classroom behavior.
  bmm034 | Apr 30, 2015 |
Students love the Miss Nelson books. They think they are so funny and humors! Would be a great book to read just for fun which is always a nice break.
  kes030 | Apr 30, 2015 |
Grades K-2. In Miss Nelson is Missing, we see as a rowdy class gets a very interesting surprise. This book can be used during the beginning of the school year to introduce students to classroom rules.
  Gamino | Apr 29, 2015 |
I would use this book as an enjoyable read, but it can also be used at the beginning of a school year when rules are being introduced. This book is extremely funny, and I think all who do read this book will be pleasantly surprised. This book is suitable for kindergarten through third grade.
  Sarah.Lew | Apr 29, 2015 |
This book is good for reading with expression. Children enjoy looking at this class that gets turned upside down by the mean substitute. Many children can relate with the students in the class about school, to some extent. ( )
  Kate_Schulte078 | Apr 28, 2015 |

Allard, Harryprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Marshall, JamesIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
For My Sister Jacqueline - H. A.

For Nedd Takahaski - J. M.
The kids in room 207 were misbehaving again.
The kids in room 207 were misbehaving again.
This book is written by Harry Allard and illustrated by James Marshall.

The kids in Room 207 were misbehaving again. Spitballs stuck to the ceiling.  Paper planes whizzing through the air. They were the worst-behaved class in the whole school.
So begins this quirky classic, first published in 1977 and still relevant today as a lighthearted reminder to show our appreciation to those we value. The students don’t proffer a shred of respect for their good-natured teacher Miss Nelson, but when the witchy substitute Miss Viola Swamp appears on the scene, they start to regret their own wicked ways. James Marshall’s scritchy, cartoonish full-color ink and wash illustrations are hilarious. A back-to-school perennial!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:52:50 -0400)

The kids in Room 207 take advantage of their teacher's good nature until she disappears and they are faced with a vile substitute.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,175,755 books! | Top bar: Always visible