Bones of the Lost: A Temperance Brennan…

Bones of the Lost: A Temperance Brennan Novel (2013)

by Kathy Reichs

English (30)  Italian (1)  All languages (31)
This book was stunning, brilliant imagery use, I genuinely feared for lives reading this book. Kathy Reichs has done it again. Bones of the Lost was fantastic. You will never see that bad guy coming, ever. And I pride myself on always seeing what's around the corner. ( )
  thebacklistbook | Mar 20, 2018 |
I almost rated this novel 4 stars, but I think that was because I really like Temperance Brennan - most of the time. I liked this story and I found her foray into Afghanistan interesting, but at the back of my mind I felt something was missing. Again we have parallel investigations and I'm not always thrilled with those. It was a good read though. I'm not sorry I read it. ( )
  kp9949 | Jun 22, 2017 |
In this novel, Tempe is working two different cases, one involving a recently killed teenage girl and another, about two nationals in Afghanistan, whose remains were reduced to mostly skeletons. The plot meanders between the two, with Tempe determined to get justice for the young girl. By the time the story drew to its conclusion, my interest had dwindled. If it weren’t for the suspense of knowing if the cat survived, this book would have had little to offer. A bit of a stretch to call it suspenseful or thrilling, it also had little to do with forensics. And really, Tempe should take better care of her cat! ( )
  Maydacat | Jan 9, 2017 |
When police discover the body of a teenage girl along a desolate stretch of two-lane highway, Temperance Brennan fears the worst. The girl's body shows signs of foul play. Inside her purse police find the ID card of a prominent local businessman, John-Henry Story, who died in a horrific flea market fire months earlier. Was the girl an illegal immigrant turning tricks? Was she murdered? Tempe finds herself at the center of a conspiracy that extends from South America, to Afghanistan, and right to the center of Charlotte. ( )
  jepeters333 | Nov 29, 2016 |
I like her alot bc she is not redundant-where some authors repeat their self over and over again, i dont have to worry about that with her writing. ( )
  EmpressReece | Aug 22, 2016 |
Dedicated to
Susan Moldow
Sage publisher,cat lover,
and cherished friend
Prologue: Heart pounding, I crawled toward the brick angling down to form the edge of the recess.

"The latest from Kathy Reichs finds Tempe Brennan investigating the connections between a long-dead business man, the smuggling of mummified dogs from Peru, and the death of a teenage girl killed in a hit and run. When she discovers a human trafficking enterprise at the center of it all, the scope of the case extends from South America to Afghanistan. And Tempe's soon-to-be ex might have connections that run to the very heart of the trafficking ring"--… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,983,542 books! | Top bar: Always visible